Coach contracts not honered

Why is it so easy to lose/steal coaches? They have contracts just like the players have but if they agree terms with a club that approaches him there's nothing the club can do to stop it. Shall it really be this way? Why have contracts at all in that case? At least I as club should be able to negotiate the compensation fee.

/JB

I normally just offer a new contract as well but I think the whole process could be a bit more complex and involved. Instead of a club aproaching your coaches directly I think they should approach your board and ask for permission to aproach the coach\scout\physio then the chairman can come to you and say something like 'Manchester United have contacted us asking for permission to talk to x' then the chairman can ask if you need this particular backroom staff member. If you've no objection to the person joining anouther club then they would be allowed to conduct contract negotiations with this prospective new club but if you object to this then the aproach is rejected.

Another good addition to the game I think would be coach happiness. If the aproach is rejected and it was really a club that he might be interested in talking to he could then express his unhappiness to which you can then reply by saying him that he has a contract that you expect him to honour. If he is still unhappy then he can simply resign.

Another good addition to the game I think would be coach happiness. If the aproach is rejected and it was really a club that he might be interested in talking to he could then express his unhappiness to which you can then reply by saying him that he has a contract that you expect him to honour. If he is still unhappy then he can simply resign.

I like this idea. Why coaches do not have emotions currently is beyond me.

Sometimes I've noticed after a particular long processing wait I'll get a few news messages along the lines of

Liverpool offer Coach X a contract

Coach X accepts offer

Coach X joins Liverpool.

So basically your coach leaves before you even have a chance to offer a new contract and before your even aware of any interest in him.

Sometimes I've noticed after a particular long processing wait I'll get a few news messages along the lines of

Liverpool offer Coach X a contract

Coach X accepts offer

Coach X joins Liverpool.

So basically your coach leaves before you even have a chance to offer a new contract and before your even aware of any interest in him.

Happens to me too, really p***es me off. But when I notice a team approaching my staff, I just increase their current wage by £100p/w and their usually always accept.

EDIT: I manage Man Utd so £100 is small change, so obviously if you're at a smaller club, then a much smaller increase will be required.

Archived