Striker dillemma help please

Hi people.

I am playing Football Manager 10 and I am using Leicester City.

After getting promoted to the premier league I have a tiny problem that I need some help with.

I have bought Caicedo and have Jo on loan from Man City but have been doing well using the 4 2 3 1 formation which got me promotion. Should I stick with my successful tactic or change to a formation which would accommodate both of my strikers?

Any ideas?

Hi people.

I am playing Football Manager 10 and I am using Leicester City.

After getting promoted to the premier league I have a tiny problem that I need some help with.

I have bought Caicedo and have Jo on loan from Man City but have been doing well using the 4 2 3 1 formation which got me promotion. Should I stick with my successful tactic or change to a formation which would accommodate both of my strikers?

Any ideas?

Pre-season friendlies are your friend :)

Arrange some tough matches for your side. Try using your old formation, see how that goes. Then also set up a new formation that accomodates both your strikers, and see if that works too. This way, when the premiership season starts, you should have a better idea of which system would be more succesful for you.

I'd stick with the 4-2-3-1.

I played Jo in 4-3-2-1 (Wingers) at Liverpool in Cup Runs (including Champions League) as a Target Man (Support) and in 17 games he scored 19 goals. He also scored another 13 goals in the league in that same formation. He's good on his own up front as a Target Man set to Support.

the good thing about having a player on loan is that he'll never complain about lack of playing time, or being played out of position. so personally, I would stick with the 4-2-3-1 and give Caicedo a lot of playing time at striker, using Jo as an impact sub or (since he's a very good player for a club like Birmingham) use him as an inside forward on the wing, like Walcott at Arsenal. even if he doesn't have a high positional rating, the "inside forward" role works very well for strikers. they'll score a lot of goals that way...

I finished 14th in first Prem season and as the game says-I'll take this ha. I done the double over Arsenal which was pleasing and I mainly used the 4 2 3 1,4 2 3 1 deep,or a defensive 4 4 2.

The dilemma now is who should I splash the cash on to consolidate or to finish higher up the table.

Just finished 9th in my second season.The boardroom was happy but I was a little bit dissapointed having been as high as 3rd at 1 stage.Played 4 4 2 for the most part and tried 4 3 3 in the cup.

I splashed nearly all of my budget on a left winger called Zezinho who looks class and is good in big matches but maybe I should have bought John Fleck from Rangers who is certainly a cheaper option.Will keep you posted on how things pan out.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know yet. I am astablishing my team as premier but I still can't find a good striker who will join my team.Unsurprisingly Jo won't come to me and is a starter for Man City.I have 25 mill but the only striker I know of is Vagner Love but he has low w r and t w stats.

Any help would be gratefull thankyou.

• 2 weeks later...

I only won the championship title but in the beginning of my 4th Pemier League season I have been offered the England job ! I saved it because I want to win something else at club level. I purchased Cordoza from Benfica and a couple of defenders. I probalby should play more to know more of the tactical side in the game but my tranfers have been good and I am good in the market.

I think I will try a more attacking formation this new season atleast against lower reputations and hopefully win a cup or to but would like to be in the Champions League which would be very good.

I tried to expand the stadium but was refused the planning permission. Should I keep trying because this would be good for the club now as an established Premier League side. Will update some time soon,thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived