Am I Stuck at York City for eva!!!!!!!!!1

I decided to take the challenge of getting to the premiership from the conference via different clubs. I started as york city and dominated the conference, finaly winning it with 119 points. in the second half of this season i applied for darlington and torquay jobs (they were both in the bottom 5 of league 2) and both time rejected as they opted for managers from the bottom of the conference. at this time i wasnt bothered. i put it down to them being more experienced.

So came league 2, and like the conference i steamrollered my way through without bothering to apply for any other jobs. i finshed top with 106 points 10 points clear of second place and 32 points clear of forth. to cap the season off i won the fa trophey seeing off kettering 7-0 in the final

at the beging of league 1 my salary was capped at 2k when negotiating with players and the board were getting pretty hacked of at me for nagging for more wages. throught the 1st half of the season crewe and walsall needed a manager and they were mid table in league 2. i wasnt attracting players at york and felt i needed to move. lo and behold they hired conference managers. i continued the season applying for jobs in the same league and the championship and no look. i finshed the season 6th (after being 12 points clear top at one point) and lost a dyer 9-0 on agg to forest in the playoff semis.

After my succesfull 1st season in league 1 i expected the board to back me but they did'nt instead they capped me to 1.5k (*note* i wasnt over budget with wages) it was another season of applying for jobs and i even went for oldham who were second from bottom in league 2. i finished second this season after nearly throwing it away and lost to chelsea in the fa cup final (i was lucky, got drawn at home to championship teams all way to semis) i honestly thought of resigning but i thought id start the season, which i did.

so here i am 9 games in 6 wins a draw and 2 defeats laying third in the table with a salary cap of 1.5k per week. iv just been turned down by leicester 16th in league 1 and barnsley top of league 2.

I cannot play the game for a few days now as im taking the missus to london. i need advise, has anyone else encounted this, i wana leave york so bad and im applying for league 2 job when im 3rd in the championship. do i resign? wot do i do???

my record is

games 224

won 144

drawn 40

lost 40

scored 471

conceded 224

points 1070

league titles 2

cup titles 1

bought 67 - 650k

sold 27 -950k

I decided to take the challenge of getting to the premiership from the conference via different clubs. I started as york city and dominated the conference, finaly winning it with 119 points. in the second half of this season i applied for darlington and torquay jobs (they were both in the bottom 5 of league 2) and both time rejected as they opted for managers from the bottom of the conference. at this time i wasnt bothered. i put it down to them being more experienced.

So came league 2, and like the conference i steamrollered my way through without bothering to apply for any other jobs. i finshed top with 106 points 10 points clear of second place and 32 points clear of forth. to cap the season off i won the fa trophey seeing off kettering 7-0 in the final

at the beging of league 1 my salary was capped at 2k when negotiating with players and the board were getting pretty hacked of at me for nagging for more wages. throught the 1st half of the season crewe and walsall needed a manager and they were mid table in league 2. i wasnt attracting players at york and felt i needed to move. lo and behold they hired conference managers. i continued the season applying for jobs in the same league and the championship and no look. i finshed the season 6th (after being 12 points clear top at one point) and lost a dyer 9-0 on agg to forest in the playoff semis.

After my succesfull 1st season in league 1 i expected the board to back me but they did'nt instead they capped me to 1.5k (*note* i wasnt over budget with wages) it was another season of applying for jobs and i even went for oldham who were second from bottom in league 2. i finished second this season after nearly throwing it away and lost to chelsea in the fa cup final (i was lucky, got drawn at home to championship teams all way to semis) i honestly thought of resigning but i thought id start the season, which i did.

so here i am 9 games in 6 wins a draw and 2 defeats laying third in the table with a salary cap of 1.5k per week. iv just been turned down by leicester 16th in league 1 and barnsley top of league 2.

I cannot play the game for a few days now as im taking the missus to london. i need advise, has anyone else encounted this, i wana leave york so bad and im applying for league 2 job when im 3rd in the championship. do i resign? wot do i do???

my record is

games 224

won 144

drawn 40

lost 40

scored 471

conceded 224

points 1070

league titles 2

cup titles 1

bought 67 - 650k

sold 27 -950k

DUDE! That is still some achievement. Maybe its a bug or somethin?? Anyway, Quick question, I know this aint the right thread but with your achievements and limited buget, i thought id ask. What players can you recommend? im Wycombe in mid League 1 in my 2nd season and have about 12k and a wage limit of 2.5k

I had the same problem when I was AFC Bournemouth. Over a period of 10 years I have taken the club to the Premier League. I have won 2 UEFA Cups, 2 League Cups, 1 FA Cup and the highest I've finished is 4th. Yet no matter what club I applied for a job at I was always turned down!

i don't see a point to apply for another job... i took st. albans city from conf to prem and i want to win prem, not to get another job...

if you want to have a higher salary cap then you have to earn money for the club by buying and selling players obviously. i don't see a problem here...

i am trying to get an intenational manager job, but only tried once.

il bang this story in a nutshell. sinse last writing i got promoted to the prem in 1st championship season. iv completed 2 premiership seasons 1st year finishing 4th and winning f.a cup and in my second year i was runner up, won league cup, fa cup and uefa cup. I decided to resign 2 days after my last game and take up a new challenge.iv applied for the following jobs

1st the Wolves job came avaiable in championship - paul furlong got it

Leeds Utd same league- Andy Ritchie (think its his third spell at the club)

Leicester league 1 - Alan Pardew got it.

whilst applying for championship teams and "big league one clubs" a job offer came in - kidderminster bloody harriers of the conference. Is this a Joke??? so i put the game to a test. i applied for bristol rovers in league 2, and bingo, the UMD came out of the psp and pro evo 6 went in.

whats the point of starting at the bottom if ur not going to make progress through joining other and bigger clubs. this is a big part of football management.

I pose a question to SI. Who was the last manager to take a club from the conference to the premiership?

there you go short and sweet and i apologies for any spelling errors and for saying bloody :-)

I started my first season as york city. Like yourself, dominated the league from start, gaining promotion the same season. And, I kid you not... I won the FA cup beating millwall on the way and liverpool in the final. Don't know how i did it, but it was using only 4-4-2!! The only players i had brought in were free's and a couple that cost 1 or 2k! Started with gillingham in a new game - doing crap

I got this formation from this forum but tweaked it abit. Formation:3-5-2

Team instructions:

Emphasis:normal

Passing:short

Tackling:normal

Pressing yes

Everything else no. No playmaker either

Player instructions:

Passing:all set to team

Tackling:all set to team except all mc's (set to hard)

Pressing: Gk and DC NO. Rest team

Pass to: all r/l/c

Set pieces(offence):every1 forward except wingers and gk

Set pieces (defence):All set to back except strikers and gk

Free role: All no except wingers

Forward runs:All no apart from wingers centre mc and 1 striker. Same with run with ball.

Hold up ball:all no

Long shots:All no apart from mc's

Through balls:all no

Cross ball:all no

Marking:all man apart from middle dc and middle mc who are zonal

The strikers dont score many goals but the centre midfielder scores loads. make sure hes good at shooting

Archived