Graphics card's > Fm

Hey didn't really know where to post this, but recently I built my own computer anyways, i'm got a duel core Processor with 3.0ghz and 5 gig of ram, but still find that my FM is running on half a star performance speed and i clearly can't understand why.

The only thing i can think of that may be the problem is my graphics card as it's only a Intergrated one, now I only play Fm and I don't play many other games, and before I go out and buy a new Graphics card and waste my money on it, I want to know if Graphic cards would Play a part in the performance speed.

Now My grandfather has a computer with worse specs then me but a better graphics card and seems to run it on 4.5 star speed.

So does the graphics card play a part in the performance game speed?

So does the graphics card play a part in the performance game speed?

Well, sorta. A weak graphics card will definitely affect the match graphics. I ran the game for a while on an old integrated graphics chip and had to turn off all the auxiliary graphics (stadium, sky, crowds, weather) to get the match to run at all. However, your graphics card won't affect the rest of the processing much at all. That's all cpu-intensive; the graphics card will barely break a sweat. Stepping outside of the graphics arena, the number of leagues you run and the level of detail greatly affects performance speed. Also, make sure you have the threading option enabled so that both cores are used. That can make a big difference as well.

The graphics card is taken into a account when it decides the star rating. Even if you play on a server with two 3GHz quad-cores and 32 GB of RAM, it'll still give you less than two stars if you don't have a discrete graphics card.

I just don't see how a graphics card with play much of a part in the game speed. Fair enough that I can't play 3D etc.

My laptop only has half a star probably due to having integrated graphics, but the game runs fine (with about 14 leagues running), the star system is totally flawed within FM10 so don't read into that, play the game and see how it plays before spending out money.

As has been said many times before, the star system for grading the computer is flawed and shouldn't be taken as an accurate refelction of how the game will run. If you use the game start recommended set up as a minimum of nations/leagues to run and then try the game till you get a set up and speed you are comfortable with. Remember that game spped if a personal choice and what is acceptable for one is slow for another and vice-versa.

Add to that if you load 25 countries with 70 leagues, your game will be a whole lot slower than when you load 3 nations with 4 leagues. There is no super-core processor or super-ram to counter that.

Also, 5 GB of ram only helps if you use a 64-bit OS (Vista, 7, XP 64) ;)

Archived