Regaining league status

I am currently in my 8th season as Real Madrid and my B team 'Castilla' just lost their league status. At first I thought they'd just been relegated to a lower league, so I decided to go buy a load of young 16-20 year olds with high average ratings in the under 19 league. I thought, if I put them all in to the Castilla squad, they'd soon be promoted and I'd be able to see which (if any) young players could make the step up.

I then noticed that Castilla had been relegated and no longer had a league, so now I am not getting to see how any of the 12 players I bought are doing in the lower leagues. I was just wondering, after this season, will they regain their league status or are they gone from the leagues now. I don't know how they determine which non league teams get promoted.

I've found that promotion from a non-active league seems to be random.

The reason I say this is because I once saved a game a couple of days before the Romanian season update day to test it and just about every time I loaded the game a different team was promoted in to the lowest active league.

I guess the English equivilant would be Conf North/South sides getting relegated(when you have those leagues playable). Some teams take a few seasons to reappeared, some never come back. As stated, I think it's down to club reputation.

On the flip side, all the sides I've seen come up to the North/South are from the level below(North/Isthmian/South Prems). I've not seen any teams from below that level climb through thier respective prem to the North/South.

Yeah, a non active league is probably better than nothing. I was just hoping to see some of the youngsters progress more given a bigger challenge and hopefully take Castilla up a league or two. I'm generally getting some feeder clubs and sending them there, I have feeder clubs in The English and Dutch Premier Leagues now.

I guess the English equivilant would be Conf North/South sides getting relegated(when you have those leagues playable). Some teams take a few seasons to reappeared, some never come back. As stated, I think it's down to club reputation.

On the flip side, all the sides I've seen come up to the North/South are from the level below(North/Isthmian/South Prems). I've not seen any teams from below that level climb through thier respective prem to the North/South.

I disagree with the first statement refer to post #5.

Your second statement is absolutely true e.g. I had Epl only loaded once and every team entering EPL were in the Championship at the start of the game. Played save for almost 30years

I think it would be slightly better to, rather than calculate promotions from non-active leagues based on reputation, it could instead calculate it based on the abilities of the players in the non-active team's squad? It would still be a relatively quick calculation, no matches would need to be played, no league tables would need to be calculated, etc. I've had a situation when managing in Spain where I've taken a smallish team into the Primera Liga, wanted to get my B-team into Segunda B and stocked it with top young talent (for that level), but as mentioned before it makes no difference, it's all about reputation.

Archived