Dumbest. Play. Ever.

Im in 2nd place of the CCC now and about halfway through the season. Im playing the 3rd ranked team away and losing 1-0 at the 90 minute mark. The side ref shows +2 minutes to be added on. About 15-20 secs in, the right midfielder for the opposition falls down with a green injury. I had possession and my guys pass and dribble around for roughly 15 secs. My striker gets the ball and an opening and what does he do? He turns and fires the ball out of play so they can check on the injured player. The AI tosses back in the ball and plays keep away to preserve their win.

Now I thought it was customary to give back possession of a team kicks the ball out for your injury? Isn't that so? Seems pretty cheap to me for the AI to exploit my guys move (although I yelled at the dumbarse not to do it as it was happening).

But in the very next game similar situation where Im up 1-0 and another AI injury happens but this time they kick out the ball and before they even throw the ball back in time is called. SO I can't complain too much...just think its stupid when you are going for a tie or the win to kick the ball out in the last couple of minutes.

Sounds to me like you have a very classy player there....great sportsman lol

I wouldn't call it the dumbest player ever though. I've seen a thread where lukaku missed when the ball was on the goal. I saw another one where a defender cleared the ball right into the top corner of his own goal. I would say those are dumber ;)

Didn't somebody do something like this in real life a few years ago? I can't remember who it was, but i'm sure they did something like this.

The goalkeeper was down injured and all he had to was tap into the empty net as the Ref never stopped play, but instead the player picked the ball up with his hand and pointed towards the keeper to get some treatment.

I had something like that, was managing Rangers and playing Celtic at Ibrox, was 1-1 and in the 92nd minute, one of the Celtic players got a knock and was on the ground, ball is played through to my striker 1 on 1 with Arthur Boruc in the penalty box and a chance to score a last minute Old Firm winner at Ibrox, my striker stops, turns around and kicks the ball out of play so the Celtic player can receive treatment.

Would never happen in real life, can't even imagine if that did.

Here you go found it, it was Di Canio for West Ham against Birmingham i think.

Not quite a tap in, but an open goal should he have taken it down on his chest instead of catching the ball.

If i remember correctly the West Ham manager looked far from impressed when he did this, as i think they were drawing or losing?

Funny how the other West Ham players want to carry on, but Di Canio is having non of that.

You gotta love the Italians. :D

Didn't somebody do something like this in real life a few years ago? I can't remember who it was, but i'm sure they did something like this.

The goalkeeper was down injured and all he had to was tap into the empty net as the Ref never stopped play, but instead the player picked the ball up with his hand and pointed towards the keeper to get some treatment.

Very Classy. hats off to who ever that was.

That is of course if the keeper was injured and not faking, but I don't think they'd risk a player taking advantage.

Very Classy. hats off to who ever that was.

That is of course if the keeper was injured and not faking, but I don't think they'd risk a player taking advantage.

Yeah Di Canio as someone said above.

Robbie Fowler also once went over David Seaman, a penalty was given despite Fowlers claims to the ref that it wasnt a penalty. He still put it away though

Heres a dumb move on my part and my GK. 2-1 down to Plymouth. Equalise in the 92 minute on overload, take more risks. 95min score a believed winner. 3-2. Then straight from the kickoff, with my gk just inside my half they chip in it for a 3-3 in the 96. Now that is dumb on my part. should have changed the tactics

So the second part of what I wrote earlier. Isn't it customary for the team with the injury to give back possession after the ball is played out for their player? I mean that is what ticked me off more than anything. My guy did something for them and they turn around and crap on his show of class.

Id like to be able to instruct my team not to do it as i never would IRL because its 99% sure the player is acting. Leave it up to the ref to stop it.

Saying that, I had my DC down in the box and the other team played on and of course scored because no other player covered his position, Id like to be able to have a go at him for being a pansy and costing us the game.

Its not classy to kick it out, its gullible as every time the team finds themselves 80 yards back down the pitch.

Archived