Key Highlights

Hi....something was bugging me while i was playing football manager 10, wondering if any of you know the answer.

Basically while i was playing a match i got this horrible feeling that the game already knows the outcome - for example when you watch in key highlights mode, how does the game know when to stop and start showing you the key highlight?

does it know already at that key highlight is going to occur that that point in time, so it decides to stop at that point and show you it? doesnt that mean that the match engine works out whats going to happen before hand, so hypothetically the game already knows the outcome of the match before you watch it?

This sounds a bit matrixy lol, but i hope someone can help, cos its annoying me, the fact that the match outcome is already there, hence everything doesnt seem real -

true that. i guess theres an improvement football manager can make in the next 10 years: generation of the match every minute, as opposed to simply generating it before the game. i guess after that they could generate it every second, with the next second building up on the memory of the "previous generated match second", although you'd need a lot of memory and power for that kinda thing.

iv played about 5 matches today and apart from beating a poor champions league side, iv lost the rest. my focus has shifted during the game from playing in the moment, to playing against an "already known outcome". im now making more and more tactical decisions, and iv started a losing streak :(

My advice is to stop doing that then!:p

Its a game and it obviously needs to generate its game data each match that is played. Every tactical chaneg or sub you make affects that outcome, I dont know what more the game can do really as it is actually reacting to your choices at the start of the game and during it.

Archived