Two weeks with reserves: Where did it go?

I may be blind, but where has the option gone to send players to reserves (or 1st team or whatever) for a limited amount of time? I am sure that used to be possible for 1 week, 2 weeks, until match fit?

On a side note, it is a shame that while I can tell players they will get some rest (a function I have never used I think) I cannot tell them they will be with the reserves until match fit, lessening the psychological impact. That is a shame.

It's still there as far as I can see. Right click on the player and go to Squad status (I believe...doing this from memory)

Nope, I can move players permanently doing that but not for a limited time. It couldn't have to do with the league I play in, could it?

On the original patch you could make a player available for the reserve team for 2 weeks.

But with the latest patch it changed, if a player is not fully fit you can now make a player "available for reserve team football untill match fit"

Or "make the player available for reserve team football" and he will always be picked for the reserves even when fully fit.

So if you just want to let your player reserve team football for a couple of weeks, you have to either put him in the reserves or right click him and make him available for the reserves, and then just remember to bring him back after a couple of weeks, or how ever long you want him in the reserves.

On the original patch you could make a player available for the reserve team for 2 weeks.

But with the latest patch it changed, if a player is not fully fit you can now make a player "available for reserve team football untill match fit"

Or "make the player available for reserve team football" and he will always be picked for the reserves even when fully fit.

So if you just want to let your player reserve team football for a couple of weeks, you have to either put him in the reserves or right click him and make him available for the reserves, and then just remember to bring him back after a couple of weeks, or how ever long you want him in the reserves.

. I don't have that option either though so I guess SWaRFeGa must be right and its because I have a B-team and not a reserves team. I never knew there was a difference, to be honest and I am not sure I see why there should be, as long as you follow league rules. Thank you very much for the info, anyway.

. I don't have that option either though so I guess SWaRFeGa must be right and its because I have a B-team and not a reserves team. I never knew there was a difference, to be honest and I am not sure I see why there should be, as long as you follow league rules. Thank you very much for the info, anyway.

Ah ok no problem, my mistake.

Yeah i had this once when i managed in Spain, i could not make any of my players available for the reserve/B team to get match fitness.

In order to send them to the B team, it had to be done by sending them on a season long loan to the B team, like they were a feeder club?

Which is no good if you just want them to get a couple of games for match fitness.

Yeah i had this once when i managed in Spain, i could not make any of my players available for the reserve/B team to get match fitness.

In order to send them to the B team, it had to be done by sending them on a season long loan to the B team, like they were a feeder club?

Which is no good if you just want them to get a couple of games for match fitness.

It isn't even any good when it's for the whole season since the B team has their own coaching staff (currently 1 coach and 1 fitness coach for all the coaching and no way to add more or use my 1st team coaches which all have a light work load). Yes, they are just feeder teams, and semi professional at that - at least mine.

I have a thread dealing with issues on B teams open, not many comments on it for whatever reason. You can put this in there if you want as it would bulk up the thread and seriously I want a good B team system for FM11 and not the currently messed up one.

As far as I know you can send six senior players down the B and still have them registered for the A team. I personally never use this, as with 25 players most of them get enough games.

As far as I know you can send six senior players down the B and still have them registered for the A team. I personally never use this, as with 25 players most of them get enough games.

I think it depends on the rules of the league. In Spain at least a player can play for the B-team if he has played 10 or less games for the 1st team. I am not sure about a limit on the number of players at any given time.

Archived