What's needed to delay a job offer to the end of the season?

What conditions must be met to be able to delay a job offer to the end of the season? I am asking because I remember being able to do it once in 2009, but the option was greyed out just now when Lazio offered me a job. I'm in December and I want to see out this season, and then leave. I don't want to be here next season, but if I quit in the summer, noone will pick me up, because noone gets fired during the summer.

What conditions must be met to be able to delay a job offer to the end of the season? I am asking because I remember being able to do it once in 2009, but the option was greyed out just now when Lazio offered me a job. I'm in December and I want to see out this season, and then leave. I don't want to be here next season, but if I quit in the summer, noone will pick me up, because noone gets fired during the summer.

I think you can delay once you are into the second half of the season (Jan/Feb) but not before. Would you be happy waiting over 6 months for your new manager to join?

David Pleat once took over for the remainder of the season after one of our managers was sacekd....think it was Hoddle.Then we signed the ever successful Santini when we were satisfied we had the ideal man, so it does happen (albeit rarely).

At the end of the day isnt it the boards decision to either allow or deny such a request from a manager?

Archived