Player contract dilemma. Expert opinions Welcome!

In brief, here's the situation. I have been tracking this striker for a while now. He has incredible Technical and Mental Stats, and his physical stats are decent enough... 14s in pace and acceleration. He seems like he will be an absolute world beater.

I have had an offer accepted for him, but he is demanding 120,000 per week, for an unproven youth!! I currently only have two comparable contracts at my club: Aguero on 120,000 p/w, who deserves it, and one of my regen CM's, my best player, also on 120,000, and he deserves it too.

My worry is that if I buy this guy and put him on 120,000 p/w, will these mean alot of my other youngsters will want parity with him? I want people to come to my club because of the club.. not because of the wages! I am in two minds as to offer him this contract or not... what do you guys think?

Don't do it. A player wanting astronomical wages is a sign he doesn't really want to be at your club. Offer him an amount closer to what you feel his ability is currently worth, and see what he says. I presume he is young? Might be worth waiting a year or two, trying to develop a good relationship with him/unsettle him if your club is bigger than his. Depends if he is likely to cost substantially more after that year or two.

I agree with Nottingham the wages that are at the top are normally the agents view on what would be needed try scouting the player and see what the wage bracket says in the scout report and start from just below the bottom value and go from there!

i had a similar case a few days ago with a 16y/o central defender. he asked $100,000 per week, 32k for appearance bonus and 250k for signing on fee. i offered him $24,000 per week, 16k for appearance fee and $3 millions for signing on fee. He accepted the offer.

i had other cases like that and what i usually do is offer them a large signing on fee, it usually works for me. Of course, you must be in a confortable situation to offer that much money for the signing fee...

I had this too

I had a regen that asked for 1.700.000 euros per year - and he was 17 !!!

problem is that I played him from the age of 16 as a first team player and he had CA of 160 when he asked this so I gave him the money because his potential was 190

I say get genie scout or FMRTE and scout his potential, if it is over 170 it's worth it,

anyway regens in this FM have astronomical wages

Archived