Football Manager 11

Anybody else find with the recent football managers that after a season or 2 you find yourself 'not wanting' to play anymore as you have no idea who to buy due to all complete unknown players playing for teams? i would love to have more updated players in this new FM 11 so after 2 seasons you dont get bored of playing it, they need to make youngsters more real

Anybody else find with the recent football managers that after a season or 2 you find yourself 'not wanting' to play anymore as you have no idea who to buy due to all complete unknown players playing for teams? i would love to have more updated players in this new FM 11 so after 2 seasons you dont get bored of playing it, they need to make youngsters more real

I've nearly made it to 30 seasons on FM10, longest I've been by quite a distance, so no. As I started at the bottom of the pyramid, there were very few players I knew there, so the fact that there were barely any real players left when I made it to the top didn't really bother me.

I've nearly made it to 30 seasons on FM10, longest I've been by quite a distance, so no. As I started at the bottom of the pyramid, there were very few players I knew there, so the fact that there were barely any real players left when I made it to the top didn't really bother me.

Same here, over 60 seasons in and still loving it.

i too have set a record for myself reaching the 2030's. I think the majority feel this is version has had the most longevity out of the FM series.

are you really saying that after 2 seasons teams are full of unknown players? What size DB are you loading? Mine has 128,000 players!?!

What do you mean by make youngsters real? All the real youngsters are in the game, regens have to come through to keep the game running.

In CM0102 (Which I still played on occation) I happily got through like 40 years, was good fun.

I struggle to get beyond 5 seasons in FM2010 atm though, I think it's just cause I don't understand the tactics well enough yet and so always hit a wall where I can't go any further. I enjoy having all the random, weird and wonderful players though.

Dude, expand your current knowledge in world football. There are heaps of players in real life who are early 20's which would stay in the FM game for around 10 seasons, not 2 seasons like you said a couple times.

I think that your right to some extent. I think that most of the youth players should end up being able to compete for first team spots.

For example....

Reading signed Gylfi Sigurdsson when he was 15, he went on loan twice, had one season in the championship and scored 21 goals and was Reading's players of the season. Now the youth coming up obviously dont all need to be super amazing. But they should be given a chance to shine, rather than just selling them to league 1 or 2 clubs.

Dude, expand your current knowledge in world football. There are heaps of players in real life who are early 20's which would stay in the FM game for around 10 seasons, not 2 seasons like you said a couple times.

True mate, i started a new game yesterday so will go longer and try it out

I always find the game more enjoyable after about 10 seasons.. simply because then there very few players that you know and your regens have become great starts.. Nothing is better than buying a player for £100K and then 12 years later he's capped 130 times for Ireland and has like 600 PL matches :D

its gets more enjoyable for you, maybe not for him. Its each to their own, but i agree, the game gets alot more challenging when you are not sitting there thinking "hmm i need a good cm...i know, KAKA!" Scouting and trawling through 100's of players to find 1 is the best part of the game for me!!

as long as if it says 'Touted as the next Ronaldinho' you run a mile you will be fine. I find those kids generally rubbish!!

lol happened to me with a promising brasilian of 18 yrs who was "touted as the next Dani Alves" and was worse than Oleguer ;)

as long as if it says 'Touted as the next Ronaldinho' you run a mile you will be fine. I find those kids generally rubbish!!
lol happened to me with a promising brasilian of 18 yrs who was "touted as the next Dani Alves" and was worse than Oleguer ;)

I think we all know now that this "could be the next..." means "Go and sign him, he's gonna be amazing....not mwahahahahahahaaa" :D

Oleguer was far from a poor player! he made over 120 appearances for us! He has gone to ajax now is a regular starter i believe

WOW seriously? you're the first Barca fan, I've found, who think he's not a poor player... well the I'll jsut say he's not my kind of Wing Back lol

PS: Im also a barca member, anyway

I can only play the present season.......I need as close to realism in this false world of FM..................It takes me 6-8 months to play six teams in one season. So, to move on to the next season, when I don't know what the rosters and promotions/relegations look like just wouldn't interest me. I wish we had commissioner mode, so I could accurately update the rosters after the Jan transfer window. I know I'm the minority, so I will adapt to the strict rules of the FM master as I am still addicted regardless.

Just trotting up to the 2027 mark for me. I'm finding each release is even more playable in the long run for me personally.

FM2011 with dynamic league rep is going to make really long games even more fun and varied to. No longer will I have to work towards moving to a big team in Spain, Italy or England and instead stay put in say... Iceland, and build a dynasty!

Just trotting up to the 2027 mark for me. I'm finding each release is even more playable in the long run for me personally.

I completely agree. FM09 was the first version I thought I could play from release day for the entire year, but that ended when my laptop died. Even then there were a few little existing bugs I was annoyed with (like extinct nations appearing) that couldn't be solved with a patch in a save game.

FM2010 has been superb for me though, I can't think of any reason for even wanting to start a new game.

Archived