Manager Biography

I was thinking that it may be cool to add biography (s it's done with players) to managers too, saying the clubs managed, the trophies won and the manager's award along the years.

It could be added to all managers, some managers or only ourselves.

It was a brief way to show what we achieved during our career as managers.

What do you think?

Yes! We need this.

This game is called football manager, and I find it somewhat ridiculous that you can find out the players trophy wins(via biogrophies), the clubs trophy wins (by essentially clicking in their club history), but nowhere can you adequately see the managers trophy wins.

Sure, you can go to history>achievements..... but this is so visually poor.. you have to scroll endlessly through meaningless so-called "achievements" such as "reached league cup 2nd round, raeched league cup 3rd round, got to fa cup 5th round) mixed in with your actual real achievements

I would really like a managers trophy cabinet in the game. The only thing we currently have that is similar, is the "club history" section. However, this is rendered useless for 2 reasons, 1. Because it also lists the clubs achievements that you were not part of, and 2. If you have managed more than one club, you would have to click on several "club history" screens to look for your achievements.

There really should be somewhere in the game that is just one, nice simple screen, without excessive scrolling, where we can see all our personal trophy wins.

I agree, Manager achievements arent enjoyable to read through as any real landmarks (ie. cup wins, manager of the year awards) are diluted by statements syaing that you have progressed to the 3rd round of the FA cup etc.

I dont really need to see a trophy cabinet which is visibly laden with cups and awards , I would like a more appealing way to view a managers honours and achievable.

This isn't a new idea, but I am glad that it has re-surfaced. I really want a Biography, and what I would want more is a permanent biography for everyone in their nations Hall of Fame. I would like to see what SI write about Sir Alex for instance and I would like it to be permanent as retirement in RL wouldn't mean all bios of the person would vanish. Also if I ever was going to retire on an FM game I wouldn't want my records to go away. I really don't like that on FM when someone retires it acts as if the person had never existed.

I agree, Manager achievements arent enjoyable to read through as any real landmarks (ie. cup wins, manager of the year awards) are diluted by statements syaing that you have progressed to the 3rd round of the FA cup etc.

I dont really need to see a trophy cabinet which is visibly laden with cups and awards , I would like a more appealing way to view a managers honours and achievable.

Okay, I didnt really mean a literal trophy cabinet...

I would be happy with something that was visually exactly the same as the "club history" screen, yet only featuring managers trophy-wins.

I was thinking that it may be cool to add biography (s it's done with players) to managers too, saying the clubs managed, the trophies won and the manager's award along the years.

It could be added to all managers, some managers or only ourselves.

It was a brief way to show what we achieved during our career as managers.

What do you think?

Very nice idea IMO. I would really love for that to be implemented in FM11. :thup:

Nice idea, maybe even for coaches, scouts and physio's aswel......

'X is a very experienced european scout who has worked under some of the games most decorated coaches such as............'

He is credited with discovering xxxxxx, who has become one of the games global stars! (That might be pushing the research and coding a bit too far ;) Would be cool though)

I'd like to be able to 'bank' a few of the player bios after they retire. Sometimes it's nice to look back at them and feel smug about your managerial accomplishments. When they're gone, they're gone aren't they?

This.

Players that retire with a biography should keep it when they turn into a coach/scout/physio or manager. Would be great to look back on them in long term career games.

Also I agree that the users manager page needs one. One that's well laid out and clear to view.

Yep a no brainer. Also on a side note - does anyone know why us human managers can't have a favoured personel on our profile?

I sort of like this idea...but then again if the game decided who your favoruite personnel was, this could go against your personal feelings towards a player. Maybe its best to leave it up to your imagination?

Im still mulling this idea over lol

A favoured personal would be nice, but I would probably want everyone that scores important goals on my list. :D

If we did have a favoured personal what would that mean for the person we favour? Are they more likely to play well for us? If that is the case it is a good thing, but could be exploited.

Archived