Man United hit administration and go into receivership

The best thing that has happened on my game so far!!

joefriar.png

Anyone else had this happen to United? They failed to pay their players so the PFA stepped in. Finances must have finally caught up to them since they haven't won anything since 2009. I don't think signing Pablo Mouche for £13m and playing him only twice helped!

They didnt go bankrupt in my games, but they did end up with mid-table obscurity for several seasons, recently now though they've regained their clout (and signed a couple of players from me :p) and now they're back challenging for the title.

I forgot i was on a Football manager orum when i read the title of this thread and my heart sank haha thought it was a real headline... Manchester United are incapable of ever going into administration given their business prowess and retailability

But considering how much debt they are in I wouldn't say they are incapable of going into admin. Over the years it's been proven that anything is possible. Remember in 1996 with the famous "No-one can ever win anything with kids" They went on to win the double

If the club defaults on loan payments, ownership passes to some new york hedge funds. It's up to them what happens afterwards, I'd imagine they'd keep the business going rather than asset strip the club, so administration remains unlikely.

This happens on every game I have.

It never really matters though, on my databases Man Utd and Chelsea at some point fall into the depths of League 1 docked points or not, once Chelsea reached the BSP, but that was around 2045.

I have not seen it happen on any of my saves before could have happened when I was managing abroad I suppose as I don't check every league every season. It can happen in the game due to them dropping out of the champions league quite often, I can't see that happening in real life unless they make a bad choice when Ferguson retires. With him in charge he seems to always looks towards the next team ready for when the current one retires or is moved on.

Archived