Long term games - regens etc

what does everyone think of the game when you get in to it for a long old time - 10 seasons or more

Lots of regens no one there that you know all the world stars of today have or starting to hang up their boots up or have moved into management

do you prefer this?

im a bit half and half - I love the game iv built over all this time - but im missing the "real" players - sometimes forget who is actually at what club in the real world from playing this game for so long haha

I'm in 2058 and I absolutely love it.

Even thought the players are not real...if you follow them and eventually buy them and train them and use them in your team and so forth, they pretty much become real to me.:)

Yes, the world stars of today don't exist anymore, but there's other world stars and other world class players...that's what's fun about it for me.

I have as much or more fun with regens then with real players.

I'm pretty much at the cross-over of the two in 2018, so I've still got two or three of my original squad left in my Liverpool side (Torres isn't far from breaking the club's league goals record), but I've also got several regens that I've developed a bit of an attachment to, including three of my back four, and an Uzbek midfielder who's basically single-handedly got his country to the World Cup.

I'm pretty much at the cross-over of the two in 2018, so I've still got two or three of my original squad left in my Liverpool side (Torres isn't far from breaking the club's league goals record), but I've also got several regens that I've developed a bit of an attachment to, including three of my back four, and an Uzbek midfielder who's basically single-handedly got his country to the World Cup.

that's exactly it. You get "attached" to players, so for me it's almost like they're real:thup:

If anything I prefer the regens you get 10 or so years into the game. The best saves in my opinion only seem to take off when you get some way into the future.

I have tried starting a game with random players, but the regens it starts you of with are just not right. Therefore I seek most enjoyment when the game gets in real swing 10 + years on.

I havent had any issue with the regens in FM10

The argument I hear a lot from the regen-lovers is that after a while, probably after starting multiple saves, you have an idea who all the best players on all levels are. Once its all regens, you have to scout constantly because you don't where the next super star will pop up. He could be in Utah or even Uganda.

I personally think its cool to have a save that is completely different from everyone else on the planet. Which is what you get when its all regens.

Unfortunately I have a poor computer so I have never played far enough to have an all regen game :(

Personally, i prefer it when the gameworld is purely newgens.

Makes the team feel more like mine.

that's exactly it. You get "attached" to players, so for me it's almost like they're real:thup:

These two points! I like regens more than real players most of the time, although I'm fine with either and I do find it interesting having a player who was a fringe player for you in one game, become integral in another because of lower leagues.

So basically, I dont really care much about whether it's regens or not, but I do enjoy "making the game mine" and dicovering talent.

I personally think its cool to have a save that is completely different from everyone else on the planet. Which is what you get when its all regens.

This sums up my opinion pretty well. I just love to have players that only I will get to see and manage, I enjoy the fact that they are unique to my game and there's no way of knowing what they will be like in the future. I don't think I could ever go down the 'GPTG' route and discuss my players with other managers who might know more about them than I do.

I like identifying taklented regens myself. It allows you to access how they can fit into your system, how you can get the best of of them and how they can progress without relying on pre-conceived ideas based on real football.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy starting the game as usual, but it gets better with re-gens. If anything I like having famous players as coaches/staff - at least until my regens retire :)

For me regens always keep the game fresh. Like was said earlier once you experience the rise of certain regens within the gameworld over time its like having real household names.I always find myself looking forward to regen dates and scouting the latest talent manually in all the other countries.

For me the best years in FM are about 2012-2017 because these are the years where regens get generated and become stars while still a lot of the stars of RL (Real Life) are still in the game and are playing at a high level but that is just my opinion

Archived