Laptop Performance Rating

The system works to the extent that I believe it largely relies on RAM and processor. However it can be distorted because presumably not all possible hardware, nor combinations of, could be tested to check it works as intended. As a very simple means it's adequate though.

Laptop has more RAM than my desktop, which also runs more background stuff and is considerably older. Don't disregard stars completely, although obviously you'll be able to tell if they're wrong.

I have 5 stars on high detail and full stadium graphics but then, bizarrely, the player database recommends I only have 30,000 players loaded.

Naturally I completely ignore this and load a custom set far exceeding this and it runs very fast.

• Administrators

Well put it this way, on the back of the box it states as 'system requirements' the Radeon 9800 - this is ranked at 147.

The two shown above are ranked 194 and 175 respectively. So as said the graphics cards are very much on the lower scale. They may well run the game just about but they are not recommended as being able to run the game.

Well put it this way, on the back of the box it states as 'system requirements' the Radeon 9800 - this is ranked at 147.

The two shown above are ranked 194 and 175 respectively. So as said the graphics cards are very much on the lower scale. They may well run the game just about but they are not recommended as being able to run the game.

Isnt the graphics card only really for the 3D though? If your only playing 2D or commentary it shouldnt really matter, right?

My laptop has a half star rating, and I'm sure the graphics card is lower than the recommended. My processor is actually slower than the stated minimum requirements.

But it runs FM perfectly well in my opinion, and I do play using the 3D match view.

To be fair, my laptop has a gma950 which is ranked 242nd on the list and it still plays 3D no problem (though the drivers update have probably been updated if that makes a difference...)

Archived