Shots/goals from miles out

So, if you watch football reasonably regularly, or indulge in some of the many goals compilations on Youtube, you'll have seen a few ridiculous lobbed goals from a long way out. Now, it had occurred to me that I've never seen a player so much as try to lob the keeper on FM unless they are one-on-one, up until a Champions League match a few days back, where I was playing against Real Madrid, and Kaka had a go from deep inside his own half - probably a good 70-80 yards out. The commentary recognised it as a shot as well - it wasn't just a mis-hit through-ball or something (Luckily my keeper saved it). So this got me wondering - has anyone ever seen an effort like this go in? Furthermore, any idea what ratings would contribute to a player being more likely to take an effort like this on?

I've seen a goalkeeper score from a kick just outside his box. It sailed right over my own goalkeeper and into the goal. It said "he didn't even mean it!" afterwards. needless to say I was a bit frustrated, and that single goal knocked me out under the away goals rule eventually.

I posted THIS one yesterday. The keeper would probably have said post match he saw the other keeper off his line but in reality, he just hoofed it as hard as he could away from danger.

Ripper! Shame it's against my real-life team (Sunderland) though. :p

In my long term career I have seen one lob of the keeper. My strikers if through on goal always seem to go for the near post, and score...but IRL most strikers aim for the far post and curl.

In the past few seasons I finally got my freekicks working and have seen some great long range freekicks.

My keeper has scored, but while on international duty. Cracker of a long range kick bouncing over the opposition keeper.

What annoys me is my team won't take halfway shots if the opposition keeper is running back from a corner, although I have seen this done on someones save on youtube.

In my long term career I have seen one lob of the keeper. My strikers if through on goal always seem to go for the near post, and score...but IRL most strikers aim for the far post and curl.

In the past few seasons I finally got my freekicks working and have seen some great long range freekicks.

My keeper has scored, but while on international duty. Cracker of a long range kick bouncing over the opposition keeper.

What annoys me is my team won't take halfway shots if the opposition keeper is running back from a corner, although I have seen this done on someones save on youtube.

These are miy main 2 gripes about strikers in FM10 (heading comes a close 3rd), especially when you put a right footer in the left slot, and vice versa.

I've sat screeming at my striker to have a shot with the keeper in no mans land, only to watch him run the ball to the byline and cross to nobody 'cos hes the furthest man forward!

Even if a player has the 'lobs keeper' PPM they still wont attempt it, seen it once for or against me, now in my 8th season. Should be attempted alot more, particularly from players with extremely high confidence.

Archived