Player price.

Would you like a price graph?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a price graph?

• Yes i would love it.
    • No chance, sounds like a load of balls.

I think it would be good to have a graph of a player's value. One you can change the length of from let's say 1 month to 2 years. I'm going to make this a pole to see how many people would want it to, then if it gets enough thumbs up it can be taken to the gods who provide us with our daily FM.

P.S. Bear in mind it would be very system friendly, as in it wouldn't make the game any slower. If it did it wouldn't be noticeable anyway.

I think it would be good to have a graph of a player's value. One you can change the length of from let's say 1 month to 2 years. I'm going to make this a pole to see how many people would want it to, then if it gets enough thumbs up it can be taken to the gods who provide us with our daily FM.

P.S. Bear in mind it would be very system friendly, as in it wouldn't make the game any slower. If it did it wouldn't be noticeable anyway.

I like it and I voted 'Yes i would love it'. :thup:

Sounds like a pretty nice idea, although I'm not sure that the history of a player's value is currently stored in the game, so it could potentially need quite a bit of data storage for long term games with large databases. Perhaps someone with better programming knowledge could explain if it would make a significant difference?

I've seen a few other people post about something along the same lines as this. [Asking if it's posible to check the history of a players valuation etc]

I wouldn't mind this, being able to check how much your players valuation as risen or decreased over the years, so i've voted yes.

But it's something i could live without. :thup:

Have voted no for the following reasons

- You can see past scout reports with their expected price

- Price are often biased, for instance it takes the last sold price, while the player could have been a lot over valued in the transfer :rolleyes:

- You would really need this information only for players you follow, which are a few on each position, until you buy them (which never takes too long). Unless I am missing something, what else would this information be useful for ?

- I am not sure this is realistic, as a club doesn't ask for a price everytime, and I am not sure the price listings we benefit from is realistic already* but with such a tool, we would abuse strongly of this ability.

*I think it has been included for a matter of playability for such a game. Tough I am wondering how real managers do without such real time information. Is there a secret players exchange ? :D

Whilst I understand what you are trying to do, you have to look a bit further than simply the value. For instance, Value fluctuations can be caused by all manner of things:

Example:

Player has a current value of £5m

The Player's value then drops to £2m

Upon looking at the reason for the drop, you see the player has not played any games this season.

Furthermore, the reason the player hasn't played is due to injury.

This is just one example, but in the above the player could still perform to a £5m standard if played following his injury. Another example is not being played due to loss of stats/form over a period of time. This might mean that his current value is true. I am not quite sure where the value indicator could be used .

I just dont really see what it adds to FM. Would you then have a similar system for goals scored by strikers or the amount of goals conceded by Keepers and MOTM's and so on. I am sorry to be blunt - but I really do not see what it adds to the game. The graph of attribute development shows us something usefull - as we can see how much our players have improved in the given months. But if David Villa was worth £30m right now - then would I be bothered that he was valued at £32m a few months ago? I'm sorry but I really dont think it is a very good idea! :p

I just dont really see what it adds to FM. Would you then have a similar system for goals scored by strikers or the amount of goals conceded by Keepers and MOTM's and so on. I am sorry to be blunt - but I really do not see what it adds to the game. The graph of attribute development shows us something usefull - as we can see how much our players have improved in the given months. But if David Villa was worth £30m right now - then would I be bothered that he was valued at £32m a few months ago? I'm sorry but I really dont think it is a very good idea! :p

Well, it could show you how fast David Villa's stock is rising. Has his price always gone up over time, in a steady fashion? Or were his price increases the result of a one time huge transfer paid by the AI? I don't see it as essential to play, but it would be a cool little trick for those who like it. Whether it's feasible or easy for SI to implement, who knows?

Whilst I understand what you are trying to do, you have to look a bit further than simply the value. For instance, Value fluctuations can be caused by all manner of things:

Example:

Player has a current value of £5m

The Player's value then drops to £2m

Upon looking at the reason for the drop, you see the player has not played any games this season.

Furthermore, the reason the player hasn't played is due to injury.

This is just one example, but in the above the player could still perform to a £5m standard if played following his injury. Another example is not being played due to loss of stats/form over a period of time. This might mean that his current value is true. I am not quite sure where the value indicator could be used .

Yeah of course and you as the user monitoring players to buy could easily take these into account.

Great to see all the others who have agreed it would be a nice little touch. I think little touches like this make FM the great game it is.

I'd be interested but only if it didn't slow the game down.

Which it would.

A lot.

Probably.

A simple constantly graphed option for player's oprices wouldn't actually slow the game down much at all. Especially if it is constantly held as part of their profile.

I voted for against, I don't really see any point for this. You could just take screenshots of important players you want to track or just...write it down. I don't take much notice of a players value as it changes all the type depending on competition, form, injuries, increase/decrease in CA, league playing in, transfer and so on.

If most people want it included so they can monitor to buy players on the cheap then maybe scouting should be improved more so you get an important message saying, "XXXX is wanting away from his current club, now would be a good time to make a bid." etc

I voted for against, I don't really see any point for this. You could just take screenshots of important players you want to track or just...write it down. I don't take much notice of a players value as it changes all the type depending on competition, form, injuries, increase/decrease in CA, league playing in, transfer and so on.

If most people want it included so they can monitor to buy players on the cheap then maybe scouting should be improved more so you get an important message saying, "XXXX is wanting away from his current club, now would be a good time to make a bid." etc

In many ways i see it as a tool to see if you can improve upon, and at what rate, in what conditions, on the paying price you let go for a certain player or players. Or to see just how much you over paid. Moreover it could be used to see how much you are increasing a youth player or a young player you buy. Not just in the scouting capacity for tracking people, although this would be a secondary use, along with its tertiary and so on other uses.

I think the player value should be removed from the game entirely rather than being expanded further as it is largely meaningless. Mainly linked to reputation and contract length but occasionally influenced by transfer fee, nothing particularly helpful for a manager. Plus, it's totally unrealistic to have such a number openly available to managers. Sure, your scouts should offer ideas and the press should speculate, but there should not be any one arbitrary number.

I think the player value should be removed from the game entirely rather than being expanded further as it is largely meaningless. Mainly linked to reputation and contract length but occasionally influenced by transfer fee, nothing particularly helpful for a manager. Plus, it's totally unrealistic to have such a number openly available to managers. Sure, your scouts should offer ideas and the press should speculate, but there should not be any one arbitrary number.

An absolutely diabloically awful idea if i must say so!

Have voted no for the following reasons

- You can see past scout reports with their expected price

- Price are often biased, for instance it takes the last sold price, while the player could have been a lot over valued in the transfer :rolleyes:

- You would really need this information only for players you follow, which are a few on each position, until you buy them (which never takes too long). Unless I am missing something, what else would this information be useful for ?

- I am not sure this is realistic, as a club doesn't ask for a price everytime, and I am not sure the price listings we benefit from is realistic already* but with such a tool, we would abuse strongly of this ability.

*I think it has been included for a matter of playability for such a game. Tough I am wondering how real managers do without such real time information. Is there a secret players exchange ? :D

Same here

sounds like an awesome idea, maybe not that important, but it would be a great peice of fun and very important to all us statos. :D

Exactly, and the more new "peices of fun" a game has the better it generally is, especially a game like FM that remains roughly constant.

Voting "no" because player value is too dependant on too many things. What league he's playing in (implicit in that is which country as well), what his most recent purchase price was -- that a player's value instantly becomes what the buying team payed when the player joins, regardless of his actual "value", and a host of other things. "Value" is probably one of the most useless fields in the game, as it only serves as a comparison for players in the same league as the Manager, and only then during the last month before a transfer window opens...graphing the changes of a fickle and meaningless field would be, well, fickle and meaningless...

As I said in my previous message I agree with you that prices listing doesn't look realistic. However, prices listing looks necessary to the game IMO as it is at least used to order players in the search filter. I am not totally against the idea of removing this information, but then there should be another criteria to order players : reputation ? Well with 3 levels (WW, continental, national), it wouldn't be enough. So there would be another, non realistic, stat to order them somehow. What would you suggest for this matter ?

Well, it could show you how fast David Villa's stock is rising. Has his price always gone up over time, in a steady fashion? Or were his price increases the result of a one time huge transfer paid by the AI? I don't see it as essential to play, but it would be a cool little trick for those who like it. Whether it's feasible or easy for SI to implement, who knows?

Thing is, even though I am very keen of figures, stats and improvements in FM, mercato is not a player exchange and players are no stocks. Price evolution is the same for every player and is obvious : it goes up until say 28 and then goes down from 30 (well of course some other criteria change the value). Thus such graphics would all look pretty the same for every player, providing you with very little added value. Isn't what you actually need a news to subscribe, advising you when the player's value has reached a floor ? lol :). Bear in mind that value is directly related to a player's level and potential, so a decrease in value wouldn't mean straightforward a bargain.

Regarding real life managers, I am still wondering how managers deal without the real time price information for every player. Do scouts looking at players also enquire about their availability and prices ? Anyway for them, a tool recording and comparing prices would be useful. The one described here however tends to compare prices for a given player with his former prices in the past, whereas real manager would need a tool comparing prices of different players at a given time.

As I said in my previous message I agree with you that prices listing doesn't look realistic. However, prices listing looks necessary to the game IMO as it is at least used to order players in the search filter. I am not totally against the idea of removing this information, but then there should be another criteria to order players : reputation ? Well with 3 levels (WW, continental, national), it wouldn't be enough. So there would be another, non realistic, stat to order them somehow. What would you suggest for this matter ?

Thing is, even though I am very keen of figures, stats and improvements in FM, mercato is not a player exchange and players are no stocks. Price evolution is the same for every player and is obvious : it goes up until say 28 and then goes down from 30 (well of course some other criteria change the value). Thus such graphics would all look pretty the same for every player, providing you with very little added value. Isn't what you actually need a news to subscribe, advising you when the player's value has reached a floor ? lol :). Bear in mind that value is directly related to a player's level and potential, so a decrease in value wouldn't mean straightforward a bargain.

Regarding real life managers, I am still wondering how managers deal without the real time price information for every player. Do scouts looking at players also enquire about their availability and prices ? Anyway for them, a tool recording and comparing prices would be useful. The one described here however tends to compare prices for a given player with his former prices in the past, whereas real manager would need a tool comparing prices of different players at a given time.

All the points you make a seasoned player would take into account when viewing any such stats. Moreover any new players will quickly know what to look ou t for; contract renewal boosting value, club moves etc.

As for players over 30, i've had a lot of players over 30 increase their value, from forwards to goalkeepers. Not from movement or contracts but simply from a consitent level of excellent performance (a lot of which has to go down to the tactics i use). So it looks like you're not as well versed as you think you are and perhaps this is the very stat for you. :D

It sounds interesting, BUT

IRL, player values are simply a matter of opinion, that of the selling club and buying club. You can see these all the time (Arsenal haggling with Fulham over Schwarzer, Mascherano to Barca etc). There is no 'fixed' values so to speak of.

A transfers happens when both parties agree on a price, in very much the same way you do when transacting a house or car. There's always room to haggle, and the value is not always cast in stone.

The values in FM is primarily for our reference and convenience really, and not really indicative of the real, exact value that is needed to purchase the player.

I hope you get what I mean. And therefore my answer to your suggestion would be no.

It sounds interesting, BUT

IRL, player values are simply a matter of opinion, that of the selling club and buying club. You can see these all the time (Arsenal haggling with Fulham over Schwarzer, Mascherano to Barca etc). There is no 'fixed' values so to speak of.

A transfers happens when both parties agree on a price, in very much the same way you do when transacting a house or car. There's always room to haggle, and the value is not always cast in stone.

The values in FM is primarily for our reference and convenience really, and not really indicative of the real, exact value that is needed to purchase the player.

I hope you get what I mean. And therefore my answer to your suggestion would be no.

As i have said to other people, all these points people playing the game would take into consideration; that or they would quickly learn to. Therefore your points are null to be honest.

Who or what sets a players value? It certainly isn't the clubs because they often want multiple times the ''value'' so what does it mean? If the value doesn't mean anything practical, i.e this is the price the club would accept, I don't really see the point of it.

Who or what sets a players value? It certainly isn't the clubs because they often want multiple times the ''value'' so what does it mean? If the value doesn't mean anything practical, i.e this is the price the club would accept, I don't really see the point of it.

You take all these points into consideration and amend your perception of the value given. Long seasoned players will know how to do this automatically, and newer ones will learn to.

I'd prefer if people didn't spice polls up with comments like:

"No chance, sounds like a load of balls."

A "No" would suffice. While I feel that the original post is interesting and it poses a relevant question, I personally agree with several opinions earlier in the thread (e.g. value being too influenced by transfers, etc.). But even though my answer is "No", I most certainly don't think that it's a "load of balls". Please keep it to "Yes", "No" and perhaps an "I'm indifferent" option.

I'd prefer if people didn't spice polls up with comments like:

"No chance, sounds like a load of balls."

A "No" would suffice. While I feel that the original post is interesting and it poses a relevant question, I personally agree with several opinions earlier in the thread (e.g. value being too influenced by transfers, etc.). But even though my answer is "No", I most certainly don't think that it's a "load of balls". Please keep it to "Yes", "No" and perhaps an "I'm indifferent" option.

Christ, pull the carrot out of your ass. You might find it more comfortable.

Christ, pull the carrot out of your ass. You might find it more comfortable.

:D

Please re-read my post. Now try not to overreact again. I think you pose an interesting proposal and while I don't agree that it is a useful addition to the game, I can see the benefits from your perspective. And that's why I don't like it when someone puts words in my mouth. I don't think that the proposal is a load of balls, I have different reasons for saying no, the world is not divided into extremes. One doesn't necessarily just love or hate a suggestion, one can have a much more balanced view of it.

:D

Please re-read my post. Now try not to overreact again. I think you pose an interesting proposal and while I don't agree that it is a useful addition to the game, I can see the benefits from your perspective. And that's why I don't like it when someone puts words in my mouth. I don't think that the proposal is a load of balls, I have different reasons for saying no, the world is not divided into extremes. One doesn't necessarily just love or hate a suggestion, one can have a much more balanced view of it.

You cannot deny you were being at least a tad anal.

You cannot deny you were being at least a tad anal.

No I can't deny that, and I do understand your reaction to a certain extent, but I stand by what I said. In honesty, it wasn't only aimed at you, i.e. "I'd prefer if people didn't spice polls up...". I've just seen it so many times that I needed to vent the frustration at some point :)

sounds awesome to me, shouldn't slow things down if it's kept as part of a profile and is one of those little nacks that FM need if it's to survive, from what i've heard CM is finally catching up!

Lol totally, FM is about to collaopse and this single feature will save it from the death!! :)

Archived