Defending set pieces

I want to be able to tell my players how to defend a set piece - who to mark etc.

Just now 'man mark' and 'mark tall player' mean jack - especially as your best center back ends up marking a really tall player who is lurking outside the box.

We just need more options for defending corners.

Also, please give us more options for attacking free kicks - just now i don't even bother setting up instructions as you can pretty much only choose 'go forward' as an instruction which is mince considering how important free kicks are in world football

I think that there are a fair few options for freekicks. Maybe it would benefit from having an additional level though.

Instead of asking where the players should go for freekicks and who should take them, maybe they should add an option so we can inform set piece takers what to do with freekicks i.e shoot where possible, aim for back post. i dont think this is possible

There is a problem between attacking options and defending options really... I don't have an issue defending free-kicks as they are pretty straight forward. But I really wish I had more options with corners, like marking a lurker.

You just have more options for attacking then defending. Like for defending maybe you have you aerial guy set to mark tall guy. But then that tall guy is on your keeper. I'd rather be able to tell my defenders areas to cover just like attacking, then I can have the guys with the right skill set cover the best area for them. Like a short guy out on a lurker or on the near post attackers to take low balls, and my jumpers can cover the major header threat areas. Instead of them marking someone I don't want them on in the first place.

Archived