Premier league squad selection process

It was flawed in FM10- only 25 numbers could be given in total, and any under-21s not in that 25 were given the lowest available number on a match by match basis. In actual fact, the under 21s can be given squad numbers, and this doesn't count against the limit of 25, on FM it did.

An example: The Everton squad http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html has thirty men in it, all with squad numbers. Were I to try and register those 30 men with those numbers in FM10, I would not be allowed because the limit is 25. this despite the fact that Duffy, Mustafi, Rodwell, Wallace, Gueye, Agard and Baxter are all under-21s. So Everton have registered 23 senior players and seven under-21s. On FM10, I would only be able to give two of those seven squad numbers, the other five would be assigned the lowest available number in any game I picked them for. The way the squad numbers SHOULD work is that I should be able to register all thirty of those players, but the game would recognise that only 23 counted towards my 25 man limit, and allow the squad numbers to be assigned in that way, and it should also allow me to add, with a squad number, any further under 21s I might call into my squad.

An example: The Everton squad http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html has thirty men in it, all with squad numbers. Were I to try and register those 30 men with those numbers in FM10, I would not be allowed because the limit is 25. this despite the fact that Duffy, Mustafi, Rodwell, Wallace, Gueye, Agard and Baxter are all under-21s. So Everton have registered 23 senior players and seven under-21s. On FM10, I would only be able to give two of those seven squad numbers, the other five would be assigned the lowest available number in any game I picked them for. The way the squad numbers SHOULD work is that I should be able to register all thirty of those players, but the game would recognise that only 23 counted towards my 25 man limit, and allow the squad numbers to be assigned in that way, and it should also allow me to add, with a squad number, any further under 21s I might call into my squad.

Or they could just separate the numbers and the squad registration. So the registration is like the CL registration and then you can assign numbers separatley.

Irl, clubs can give squad numbers to as many players as they like, but must register a list of 25 (in a simialr way to submitting a list for European competitions).

For some reason in FM2010 in the EPL, the list is not submitted in this way and instead you can only assign 25 squad numbers. This is annoying because when using young players* not on the 25 man list in league and cup games, they are assigned a random number.

I imagine it will be sorted for FM11.

*Players under 21 do not have to be registered on the 25 man list and can play in all League and Cup games.

All good points, and ones I had forgotten about! My issue is actually:

In FM 2010, as matches come up through August, any player you select has to be given a squad number and are counted in the 25. And you can obviously assign more squad numbers before 1st Sept, but not replace any once chosen.

IRL, clubs can use any players they want through August and only on 1st Sept is the squad list of 25 required - then they must stick to that squad.

Archived