Signed star striker, but cannot play him

Basically, what it says is the title. Bought Vagner Love for Standard Liege for bargain price, but now realised i really messed up. Its the start of the new season and under selection details it says "cannot play for 2 clubs in 1 year (1 July- 30 June)". Obviously the problem is the sub appearance he made in a cup just before he arrived on a transfer, but why and where does this rule exist??

Is there anything I can do about this so i can play him! (via editor if need be).

Thanks

I've heard about this rule. I think its something to do with being transferred twice in the same window. Are you sure you didn't get a message about him playing for two clubs.

I've heard about this rule. I think its something to do with being transferred twice in the same window. Are you sure you didn't get a message about him playing for two clubs.

He had played for flamengo on loan aswell. Is there any way around this rule through fmrte then? is very frustrating!

People sign for different clubs in january all the time though so why does this not apply for them? :s Its doubly annoying because before i started negotiations he hadnt played yet

I believe that players cannot play for MORE than 2 clubs. Next time pay more attention before signing somebody.

People sign for different clubs in january all the time though so why does this not apply for them? :s Its doubly annoying because before i started negotiations he hadnt played yet

No its is they play for 2 teams in one season. Its happened before and the rules can be different for different countries. The season that Lassana Diarra moved from Chelsea to Arsenal and then to Porstmouth in Jnauary. He played for 3 teams as he made a sub appearance I think for Chelsea in the Community Shield but that didnt count.

Archived