Transfer Deadline Day

Yep, I have always said that they should make more of transfer deadline day, I understand agents play a bigger part in FM11, so perhaps you will get agents pestering you left, right and centre more of deadline day as i suspect the do IRL?

I know on transfer deadline day you get more news updates that normal but I think it would be great if there was an influx of players being offered around, rumours being put to you and comments from fans etc. about lack of spending/ too much spending.

Trasnfer deadlines are one of the most media hungry days in the football calendar andf I think this would be great if it was more like this in the game. Like you say hopefulyl agents will be mor pro-active in their approach at this time of the season in FM11?

I think it's fine as it is, I don't really get what is so exciting about transfer deadline day. Perhaps that's because I don't support a good team though.

I guess im spolit a tad supporting a premier league club, but maybe your right and the higher up the ladder the more frantic deadline day is. id imagine aqgents arent as prominant and influential at the lower levels for example

Yes, this would be great, i watch all the sky sports news people feeding in all the latest transfers today and it was really exciting, it would be good in game too, grabbing your player before the 6pm deadline. Sadly this transfer window wasnt good for me :( but would be great in FM :)

yer i can see the advantages, but as Neji said if you are playing as a lower team you wouldnt get much, but then that doesnt meant it shouldnt be there as a feature, its like the 'english clubs release players'. You can get some top signings for free there if your a higher club but you wont if your in league 2, same concept really.

Teams who want to get rid of players could end up showing alot more desperation in selling them, for example:

Van der Vaart was going to be sold for £18m but that collapsed so spurs are on the verge of signing him for £8m a massive discount.

You could get players left out of the 25man squad desperate to be loaned or sold added to the deadline day ecitement.

There is easily alot more ways that shouldnt be to difficult to implement to make deadline day more exciting.

I think the game represents it really well in terms of the amount of deals you could get done on deadline day. The game clock stops almost every hour on deadline day and clubs react much quicker and seem more willing to negoiate. When you offer a player a contract he usually accepts immediately whereas any other time in the transfer window it could be 4 or 5 days before you hear back. Excellent imo.

I suppose more rumors would do no harm, but I would like them to be more about players you have scouted or are on your shortlist as opposed to complete random players!

Maybe a seperate news item for transfer deadline day deals could be sort of what you are getting at. 'X swoops for Y with seconds to go'!

I think it's absolutely fine as it is. Perhaps a few more agents touting their players around would be nice but other than that.

What you have to remember is that we are playing the game from a Manager's viewpoint. I'm sure if you ask them most would tell you there is NOTHING exciting about the Transfer Window and that it's more frustrating than anything else. We look at it from a fan's view.....therefore for me, it shouldn't be any different in the game

Archived