FM2010 Online with friends?

Hiya,

Im trying to convince some firends to purchase FM2010 (cause its cheap now) so that we can play online. But is this possible??? If I set up my laptop as a server or something and give them an IP address will that work? is there anyway at all we can play this without all being in the same room and without the option of having to purchase FM Live.

Thanks all.

Yh there is. I would suggest you all get Hamachi and you want the unmanaged version. Then all you do is create a new netwrok and create a password for it. Then you go to the preferences screen on fm and untick move matches for tv. You all need to do this because then it will make the game run quicker. Then you tick run as server and fill everything in with the new network you had and start a new game. They then click join new netwrok game or whatever it is on the start screen and copy and paste the new network code thing that you give them. Then it asks for a password which you give them and then they should join your game. I think I have explained everything right mate and i hope it helps. :).

We may give this a go thanks. How would this work then do you know? I assume we will all need to be online at the same time, should my team need to play my mates?

No problem mate :). Yh you just have to set it up like I said in my first post :thup: and then you should be able to play. Yh and it does take long to play the game so it would help if you had set times for when you are going to play. Also dont load too many leagues as the other players may get a bad lag. Yo could choose any team you want within the leagues you have set up if you want to make it interesting you could all play in the same league as each other. If you have any other questions just pm me and I will see if I can help.

It sure takes some time to play it through, and remember if you are hosting you don't have lag but they will have some every time they click something so they will need a bit more time to find players and things.

Get ready for some whine too, its so annoying when you're going along and one of you is having a good season but you're sitting there at the bottom of the league nothing working at all.

• 1 month later...

Search got me here. No point starting a new thread so here goes...

I've got together a group of 6 friends to play Fm2011 once it's out on thursday nights each week. Problem is, two of the group will be further a field; one in manchester and the other on a teaching student placement.

With the Hamachi/Fm2010 situation, could you continue playing if one person couldn't make it online to play? The manchester based player will be off watching City in Europa some Thursdays so we'll need to either put his manager on holiday while we continue or bypass him somehow when he can't play.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I think it should work fine if they're not there. I'm not sure how it handles transfers/contracts and things though. It obviously puts that guy at a big disadvantage but that is the human side of it thats up to you to decide if its ok to play without one of the people.

Archived