What have u broke while playing FM

My last PC sat on an old kitchen-table style desk, it was one of those big "Bus-on-a-bench" PC's (Compaq Deskpro EN).

I had always sort of half-joked (while being demoralized by FM) that my computer may beat me at football, but it'd be no match for me at kick-boxing.

I knew that my new laptop was on its way so when playing one night with Liverpool, Man Utd thrashed me 3-0 at anfield and I duly kicked the monitor off the desk and grabbed the leg of the desk and flipped it up, smashing the PC to bits.

I have to say it was the most enjoyable moment of my year and I only done it because my laptop was "Winging it's way to me" and the PC might have fetched £5 at a car boot sale, such was it's age.

So thats what I've broke - an entire PC.

Magic. icon_biggrin.gif

I busted my head open once. Lost a game to Carlisle and I was Tottenham. I was eating lunch at the time, and forgot I had a fork in my hand and ended up hitting myself with the back end of it.

Started laughing about that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I busted my head open once. Lost a game to Carlisle and I was Tottenham. I was eating lunch at the time, and forgot I had a fork in my hand and ended up hitting myself with the back end of it.

Started laughing about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

FM induced pyschotic behaviour. A shrink would have a field day with you icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevie_G_32201:

a clock, 3 mouses, a table one of my teeth and cracked a window....im totally calm me.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"mouses"

icon_biggrin.gif

Nothing major yet, but there's chips in all the walls where I've thrown bottles at them in frustration at last minute equalisers.

I haven't really broke anything in a rage haha...

What I've recently broke is my mouse where my desk is made of a rough topping and the ball on the mouse was being shredded while playing...and all the little bits of rubber have gone into the parts inside it.

Had to buy a USB one without a ball...cheap as chips lol.

I'd like to meet someone who has broke someones face because of FM. I hereby put my vote in to have SI make the first version of FM09 SO frustrating that people turn to bodily harm. Anyone else? Anyone..? No..? Dammit.

This desk is snapped a bit, I'd give it maybe 4 or 5 last minute equalisers/own goals/undeserved winners before the monitor and the board it rests on crash down to the board below.

Pro Evolution however is a major bugbear of mine. Great fun with a mate, but trying to play the AI on that thing gets me riled. Must have smashed at least 6 or 7 ps2 controllers because of those games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkeeterP:

My list is pretty impressive.

1 x keyboard

3 x mice

1 x monitor

1 x door, resulting in ...

... 2 x fingers

1 x FM disc

1 x Playstation controller

I think that's about it. I've calmed down a lot recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha not as bad as mine then...

2 x FM Disks

4 x mice

1 x laptop

3 x fingers (I punched the wall)

3 x toes (I kicked the wall) *separate incident*

2 x PS3 controllers (they're just so easy to throw!) 5 if you include the 3 I've launched due to Fifa 08 frustration!

1 x keyboard

I also put myself in hospital when I got so wound up I headbutted the wall and then went to sit back down on my computer chair and it fell back causing me to crack my head open!

FM has also caused something of mine to be broken, my heart, because my GF dumped me for not spending enough time with her - gutted!

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Masquerade:

Pro Evolution however is a major bugbear of mine. Great fun with a mate, but trying to play the AI on that thing gets me riled. Must have smashed at least 6 or 7 ps2 controllers because of those games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never get majorly frustrated over games like that. If I concende I know that I could have actually done something about it - when Wigan equalise with an 89th minute penalty on FM, I'm convinced that it was my defender's fault for giving it away. I get so frustrated when something like that happens but I can't do anything to stop it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bratto17:

3 x fingers (I punched the wall) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how I broke my hand. I still haven't learnt, the knuckle of my ring finger on my right hand is currently very swelled for the same reason.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Equium:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Masquerade:

Pro Evolution however is a major bugbear of mine. Great fun with a mate, but trying to play the AI on that thing gets me riled. Must have smashed at least 6 or 7 ps2 controllers because of those games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never get majorly frustrated over games like that. If I concende I know that I could have actually done something about it - when Wigan equalise with an 89th minute penalty on FM, I'm convinced that it was my defender's fault for giving it away. I get so frustrated when something like that happens but I can't do anything to stop it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what causes me to lash out, being punished by the game when it takes something out of my control.

For Pro Evolution it's things like players stepping over the ball to allow it out for an opposition throw in, defenders running on to the ball and refusing to realise they're running it in to their own goal (no, they won't turn fast enough if asked), Strikers running backwards the moment you choose to play the through ball and the general inconsistency of which player and direction the pass will be aimed at in certain situations. All of these problems have been in the games for several iterations and the fact that they continue to lose me games or turn wins into draws gets on my nerves

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I busted my head open once. Lost a game to Carlisle and I was Tottenham. I was eating lunch at the time, and forgot I had a fork in my hand and ended up hitting myself with the back end of it.

Started laughing about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

FM induced pyschotic behaviour. A shrink would have a field day with you icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. The one game that makes me so crazy... I just can't get enough of.

1 minute you'll be cursing at the screen, the next you'll be running around the room like a nutter after winning. It's all worth it. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Equium:

I never get majorly frustrated over games like that. If I concende I know that I could have actually done something about it - when Wigan equalise with an 89th minute penalty on FM, I'm convinced that it was my defender's fault for giving it away. I get so frustrated when something like that happens but I can't do anything to stop it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what causes me to lash out, being punished by the game when it takes something out of my control.

For Pro Evolution it's things like players stepping over the ball to allow it out for an opposition throw in, defenders running on to the ball and refusing to realise they're running it in to their own goal (no, they won't turn fast enough if asked), Strikers running backwards the moment you choose to play the through ball and the general inconsistency of which player and direction the pass will be aimed at in certain situations. All of these problems have been in the games for several iterations and the fact that they continue to lose me games or turn wins into draws gets on my nerves </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm glad its not me and my mate!! We've broken countless console pads playing the various iterations of this game. The inconsistency of the shoulder barges and indeed most tackles in general gets me bloody irate!

With higher difficulty levels the ability of the AI does not increase but rather the inability of your own team!

I've knackered my ability to sleep before midnight from so many late night sessions of champ/FM. The old "I'll just finish the season and go to bed" when your only in december.

I also killed the left mouse button years ago but that was from over use.

p.s and I have no nails left from all the penalty shootouts.

my housemate smashed his fm08 disk into multiple pieces after finding out he had failed his dissertation due to FM.

I pointed out that his dissertation was the reason for him failing at FM to which he punched me in the face and broke my nose.

it was worth it though to see the look on his face

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adam_cowboy:

my housemate smashed his fm08 disk into multiple pieces after finding out he had failed his dissertation due to FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it was FM that made him fail icon_rolleyes.gif Or maybe the fact he's too dim to manage his time responsibly ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buzzing_hornet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adam_cowboy:

my housemate smashed his fm08 disk into multiple pieces after finding out he had failed his dissertation due to FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it was FM that made him fail icon_rolleyes.gif Or maybe the fact he's too dim to manage his time responsibly ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or because he thinks with his fist.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FM has also caused something of mine to be broken, my heart, because my GF dumped me for not spending enough time with her - gutted! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear you Bratto; 2 marriages me, but my current wife is wonderfully understanding. Stick faithfully with FM and it'll all come good in the end icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bratto17:

I also put myself in hospital when I got so wound up I headbutted the wall and then went to sit back down on my computer chair and it fell back causing me to crack my head open! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this wins purely for the hilarious imagery that I'm getting from it. icon_biggrin.gif

I also put myself in hospital when I got so wound up I headbutted the wall and then went to sit back down on my computer chair and it fell back causing me to crack my head open! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has to be the funniest post I ever read regarding FM icon_biggrin.gif

Archived