game keeps crashing for no discernable reason at game start? Help please.

I was going to post this in editor's hideaway because i thought the issue was that i'm using about 23 data editor saves basically to give me more playable leagues etc.. and i was worried about that because obviously adding a new league to each data save means 23 leagues with the same "unique" ID number but i can run a game with all these editor saves and leagues loaded, so strangely that isn't the issue, plus i have run a game with leagues with clashing unique ID numbers before, which bloody confused me, i can tell you.

The game actually crashes when i try to load nations i haven't edited alongside the edited ones. What's going on? would the solution be to just edit all the other nations i want to load?

This problem does not affect all unedited nations, just some of them, for example, loading Argentina alongside these edited leagues crashes the game but loading Australia does not :confused:

(PS yeah, i know running a game with clashing ID numbers doesn't seem like it should be possible but i have done it. And PPS yes, i do know this game is going to be slow with so many leagues loaded, but i'm not too bothered about that at the minute so long as i can run the bloody thing)

any suggestions much appreciated, so long as it isn't "abandon your editing" as one of those editor projects is HUGE and i've been working on it for ages and would rather like to play it now :p

Thanks Stevo, That's my back-up plan, i'm doing that while i wait to see if anyone's got any other ideas. Thanks for the reply though.

Just remembered something else, if anyone's interested.

When i was editing the nation rules i created some cups by duplicating my new leagues and changing their names and after entering the names of the cups, i was returned to main database screen without me pressing anything and the cup i was working on would not have been created but the league i duplicated it from would not have changed in any way so it wasn't that i hit edit instead of duplicate. as if the whole thing wasn't complicated enough, sorry.

Archived