Should I stay or should i go? =:/

Heres how it is..

Took control over Huddersfield and have been promoted to premiership in 2 years from coca cola league 1.

Cleared out almost all the team and got some good players to fight relegation and we finished 3rd season in a respectable 13th place. My wage budget is maxed out and theres no cash for new players. Finances are okay on the whole. The season has just finished and a stadium expansion from 25000 to 30000 has been announced. 6 of my players are ending their contract but their wages are more or less on the lower side of the spectrum so i wont be freeing up much cash to offer new players. Also i will be needing a couple of HG players. Theres no way i know how much of a wage increase(if any) im going to get this year and also what kind of transfer budget ill be given to bolster the squad. Id love to remain loyal to the club but i dont want to be stuck in a dead end relagation battle with an understaffed squad and ill be more than willing to stay if i was promised some good cash..

Meanwhile, Valencia just called are extremely interested in my services. They finished 12th last year and are offering me EUR18,250,000m and 1Mp/w wage bill and also willing to double my wage.

This is tearing me apart. Help :(

Its like Bolton manager Owen Coyle

He loved Burnley and brought them up to the premiership and was fully commited to them. Although, when the Bolton offer came up, he thought with his head, Bolton were a much more prestigeous club and were much more likely to succeed in the league, therefore he left for Bolton.

Thinking with your head, you should go to Valencia, they are a huge club with a great infrastructure, all they need is a manager to take them further

Thinking with your heart, continue with Huddersfield, its a great little club, although as you said, finances are likely to be ****, and it will be another struggle of a season unless you spend money REALLY well.

Try and delay the offer until you have to make a decision.

Hope that helps :)

Andy, delayed for a week, and now the Valencia management are "very eager to hear my decision". lol - what would you do?

Joe, I'm leaning more towards Huddersfield but i just need to know that ill have another 70,000 added to my wage budget and another 15m added to my transfer budget.. at least i can work with that! I have 6 players leaving and they were all in the 1000-3000 bracket so not much leeway there. Since im currently over budget on wages i cant even offer any contracts to players on a free transfer at the moment!

Most people will say Valencia because there you will be given good transfer funds. But I'd stay, go for the harder option. :thup:

I find it more fun to have a challenge, staying at Hudds would be my decision, but I think this is one you should make on your own. Getting us to vote about your database, one we know little about doesn't seem right to me.

I find it more fun to have a challenge, staying at Hudds would be my decision, but I think this is one you should make on your own. Getting us to vote about your database, one we know little about doesn't seem right to me.

Well, I noticed david villa and david silva are still at valencia! Wow, sure would be nice selecting Villa in the suqad selection screen instead of Zaki..

Andy, delayed for a week, and now the Valencia management are "very eager to hear my decision". lol - what would you do?

Joe, I'm leaning more towards Huddersfield but i just need to know that ill have another 70,000 added to my wage budget and another 15m added to my transfer budget.. at least i can work with that! I have 6 players leaving and they were all in the 1000-3000 bracket so not much leeway there. Since im currently over budget on wages i cant even offer any contracts to players on a free transfer at the moment!

Ask the board for more wage and transfer budget. If they say no do the ultimatum. If they sack you just go to Valencia. :thup:

Ask the board for more wage and transfer budget. If they say no do the ultimatum. If they sack you just go to Valencia. :thup:

Agreed.

Requested extra cash in order to increase my wage budget and it has been rejected. I have accepted the Valencia contract. So long terriers, you'll always have a special place in my heart. :(

Lets see if we can rally the troops and get Valencia back into the CL where they belong.. Hola Espana!! :D

I agree with the naysayers.

Stick out the job and finish what you've started. You have done a great job so why jump ship now?

You'd be as well to start a new game if you change clubs and I can guarantee you will never get the same satisfaction. Don't ever leave in this game - take your team as far as you can.

I agree with the naysayers.

Stick out the job and finish what you've started. You have done a great job so why jump ship now?

You'd be as well to start a new game if you change clubs and I can guarantee you will never get the same satisfaction. Don't ever leave in this game - take your team as far as you can.

I agree completely, but Ive jumped ship for various reasons.

I turned Huddersfield into a premiership club and ive become a legend there and the least the board can do is treat me with respect instead of telling me that they are sick of seeing my face in their office. Also, Valencia are in pretty dire straights at the moment, with a 12th place finish and the whole team up in arms. Half the team is up for sale and everyone is worried sick. Looks like it could be quite a fun challenge at the moment, and with FM2011 around the corner, its now or never.

I also went with what I would have done in real life. If i was on a 15,000 wage in charge of huddersfield and Valencia came along offering to double my wage to move to the spanish shores, I'd be all over it..

I've had the same thing in every game I've played.

I jumped once before and for me personally I ended up losing interest in that game pretty quick.

Every other game I have stayed and turned the club into a giant (granted - board can be a pain at first) and that is rewarding.

I'm not saying it's the wrong choice for you - good luck and I hope you have fun!

Stay and as said before finish what you have started, evan if glory in the premier league does not come straight away when it does (and it will) it will be evan more fantastic knowing that you have built that squad yourself.

I'm in a surprisingly similar situation. I got back to back promotions with old Hudders' but right now I'm midway through my first season in the Prem and nothing is working. Now it may just be me, it might be the squad (or even both :p), but I can't see myself taking the Terriers any further without slugging it out in the Championship. I had offers from West Ham and was linked with a job at Spurs and Liverpool but turned them down to see what I could do. Now if I resign at Huddersfield, will I still have this reputation which is linking me or will I struggle to find a job?

You could well struggle to get the job you crave - grass isnt always grenner (and all that jazz...). Is your rep national?

Id say it is best to be approached while in a job or appl y for a job you really want while still employed. Just dont be too much of a fluzzy in the job application market - chairman wont like it!

Ah that will do it, you'll probs be ok if you resign then. I always start as a sunday league so I have to struggle big time before I get a top job

Well, I'll wait and see at the end of the season then, cheers.

I will probably do the same in FM11, it's just that FM10 is the first FM I've played properly. I've played FM08 and 09 but this is the first time I've really "knuckled down" on FM :D

Darling you got to let me know

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

If you say that you are mine

I'll be here 'til the end of time

So you got to let me know

It's always tease, tease, tease

You're happy when I'm on my knees

One day it's fine and next it's black

So if you want me off your back

Well, come on and let me know

Should I Stay or Should I Go now?

If I go, there will be trouble

And if I stay it will be double

So come on and let me know

strip

This indecision's bugging me

Esta indecision me molesta

If you don't want me, set me free

Si no me quieres, librame

Exactly whom I'm supposed to be

Digame que tengo ser

Don't you know which clothes even fit me?

¿No sabes que ropas me queda?

Come on and let me know

Me tienes que decir

Should I cool it or should I blow?

¿Me debo ir o quedarme?

¿Yo me enfrio o lo soplo?

¿Yo me enfrio o lo soplo?

If I go there will be trouble

Si me voy va a haber peligro

And if I stay it will be double

Si me quedo sera el doble

So ya gotta let me know

Me tienes que decir

Should I cool it or should I blow?

¿Me debo ir o quedarme?

Tengo frío por los ojos!

If I go there will be touble

Tengo Frio por los ojos

And if I stay it wil be double

Si me quedo sera el doble

So ya gotta let me know

Me tienes que decir

Go. The weather's better in Valencia.

For me, manager is not only about getting successful results with your team but also managing it's finances to the better. When I managed Siena, 2nd season in I sold 8 of my players and loaned much more. Since I am not paying wages for those players for a whole season and actually fighting for a decent place in Serie A, I managed to get a huge profit running from the club and as a result I got a 40million transfer fee the following summer. It doesn't always work though, I got lucky plenty of times. But really, If Huddersfield only problem is finances, I believe you can do a lot to help them get their. Get them to European competition and you'll see a change in profit. That plus the expansion of the stadium and new sponsors will definitely get you there. Good luck.

I left. The way I see it.. If they see me as a traitor for bring them up to the premiership in 2 consecutive seasons and finishing 13th in my 3rd year, and signing players like santa cruz, zaki, aguilar, nelson rivas, michael johnson, braafield, etc... then they dont deserve to have me as their manager. I think i deserved to be treated better than "the board feel you should be spending more time on the field rather than in their offices"..

The Terriers will always have a special place in my heart, and ill probably try them out again in FM2011.. Im extra down to leave cos it was the first time i ever started a game unemployed and saw where it took me. Took over the terriers mid season and they were in 15th place and managerless. That season we fought bravely to finish 2nd for promotion.. good times. Now my career has taken me to the shores of Valencia, cos lets face it, we'd all have taken that job in reality.

Really enjoying the new challenge too. They finished 12th last year so i have a lot of pieces to pick up. The team is in revolt. Ive trimmed the team down to 25. Signed Fulop as a reserve keeper on a free, Gago on a loan with an option to buy for 7m, wantaway Castro to cover my right wing for 6m over 2 years(even though Inter were asking for 18.5m), and Vidal for 18m over 2 years to bolster the midfield. Veloso is out of contract mid-season so if i could snatch him up that will be a real coup. Only have 2m left of my 20m transfer budget so it looks like that new central defender wont be happening this year, but things are looking up.

Archived