Job Interviews?

I've always thought that when a new job becomes available that the interview process should be there. This means that you could punch above your weight and apply for a bigger job and try to woo the board with the promise of new energy etc. Make the process of getting a job more exciting.

I think it would be fairly hard to go into that much depth with it but you could have a choice when offerered the job as to what you think you can achieve with the club e.g. with Man Utd you would have win the title, Everton you could have Title Challenge even though they are expected to finish a little lower

I've always thought that when a new job becomes available that the interview process should be there. This means that you could punch above your weight and apply for a bigger job and try to woo the board with the promise of new energy etc. Make the process of getting a job more exciting.

I like that idea and would like to be implemented in FM11. :thup:

Great idea, I recall people saying about this a couple of years ago and it was generally considered a good idea so maybe with the "real time contract offers" becoming part of the game it's something that could be looked into. hope so as I feel it would add alot more realism to the game

I don't believe that this could be any good.

What are the clubs supposed to ask? What are you supposed to say? What is the use when it's obvious or learned which answer is the 'right' one?

FM could never mirror the complexity of real world job interviews. Also, there not only what you say but also your personality has a huge impact.

While in general the idea sounds appealing, it would be a very predictable disaster if implemented in any video game.

:thdn:

Maybe for lower clubs, or clubs with a choice of several managers, but if Alex Ferguson left united and said i want david moyes to be the next manager and he also wants the job, they are hardly going to interview him :p

Although yeah, a good idea for lower clubs of clubs with a choice of managers.

What would be cool is when being interviewed you can set out your plan. Like Paulo Sousa to Leicester, his plan put across to the board of directors was that he plans to achieve promotion after two seasons, build the team up in the first, challenge for the title in the second. Although if the manager doesn't stick to his plan and puts together horrible strings of results, they should give him the boot :L

I don't believe that this could be any good.

What are the clubs supposed to ask? What are you supposed to say? What is the use when it's obvious or learned which answer is the 'right' one?

FM could never mirror the complexity of real world job interviews. Also, there not only what you say but also your personality has a huge impact.

While in general the idea sounds appealing, it would be a very predictable disaster if implemented in any video game.

:thdn:

Completely agree. That said I think this would be a nice feature of the game.

Going further on this I think that like when signing players on FM11 managers should be given contracts face to face. That is something SI have probably added, but I haven't heard that it would be.

It would be a great feature but I doubt it could be implemented to the depth required for a realistic and fun feature.

Look at the press conference shambles that currently exists, it could only be implemented using a similar template.

Id love to be proven wrong though!

The big thing I don't like about this idea is that there may be too much emphasis put on a 'good' interview. I like to think if I've done a good enough job elsewhere, I'll get the chance to move on to bigger and better, I don't like the idea that I may say one thing wrong and miss out on a dream job.

The big thing I don't like about this idea is that there may be too much emphasis put on a 'good' interview. I like to think if I've done a good enough job elsewhere, I'll get the chance to move on to bigger and better, I don't like the idea that I may say one thing wrong and miss out on a dream job.

Yeah once you know the right responses to the in game interview, you could easily get jobs that you maybe arent quite good enough "status wise! to get

Maybe for lower clubs, or clubs with a choice of several managers, but if Alex Ferguson left united and said i want david moyes to be the next manager and he also wants the job, they are hardly going to interview him :p

Although yeah, a good idea for lower clubs of clubs with a choice of managers.

I think that would really depend on weather Sir Alex gets a seat on the board when he retires, which btw is something I think they'll do, or leaves football althogether because I dont think they'll too much notice of him, dispite his years of success with the club, if he's just shouting his mouth off in the press or in interviews.

However, if some high profile, more successful mangers either come available or make their intrest in the job known then I think they'd be obligated to hold interviews.

It's often suggested, and on the face of it, it does sound good.

However, users on here always complain about how boring press conferences are, and this would essentially just be a press conference. Also, like Neji says, I can see too much emphasis being placed upon it. I think it is more realistic to base appointments on how good a manager you are, rather than whether you've read some guide in T&T and know the "right" answers.

Archived