Blue square questions.

In my recent save I have been lurking round the lowest English league like a bad smell but within my time at Worcester city I have seen two strange things.

1. In my first season i was in the blue square south then he next the blue square north is this due to where Worcester is located?

2. Welling have won the blue square south the past 3 years yet never reached the blue square prem so is this due to the clubs finances?

1. Yes, depending on who gets relegated from the BSP some teams switch from North to South or South to North to balance the leagues. These are mostly teams that are fairly central (South of Birmingham & North of London).

2. No idea.

It definitely says on previous league positions 1st for the last 3seasons. Bit Stevenage didn't go up in the 90,s from the bsp so I would thing it's either the stadium, facilities or general financs

Are you sure that you are looking at the final league positions screen and not the highest league positions screen?

The FA have a thankless task of trying to keep all clubs happy but as you can't help who plays at what level, sometimes clubs have to move. At the mo Worcester(and Gloucester) are located around the Conf North/South dividing line. In my game I'm in 2024 and that level has so many southern based teams in it that Wealdstone are in the Conf North!

I think the rule now is that if a club is forced to move, it then cannot be forced to move again for the next 3 seasons.

Trent is correct. A team can only move every so often.

In real life it might be possible that Welling could win a league and not get promoted, but sadly these rules aren't in FM.

Sadly? I'd say it's brilliant that there's no real barrier to promotion, it'd be insanely frustrating to win a league and not get rewarded for it, sometimes it is good to pick fun over realism.

Worcester City moved from the South to the North this year in real life after a two season stay in the South.

There is no hard and fast rule, as I understand it, as to how often a team can change between the divisions. Usually the authorities do make some kind of agreement with the club though (as they did with Worcester City) in order to provide them with stability. Worcester City, for instance, were forced to release some of their northern players and signed some southern based ones when they switched divisions back in 2008 (I think it was). So you see that it could really hurt the club in the long-run to have to switch regions every year, therefore an agreement that they would stay in the southern division for a certain period was granted in Worcester's case. However, in FM, this is not reflected and the teams will just switch based on geography.

And Nobby is right in my opinion. It would be great if you had to improve stadium facilities and so on as you move up the levels, as you would have to in real life. :thup:

The very least the game should do is to force a club to expand it's stadium/improve it's facilities to meet the league's requirements they are getting promoted into. FM is supposed to be realistic after all, and yet it doesn't have stadia criteria in place for any league.

The very least the game should do is to force a club to expand it's stadium/improve it's facilities to meet the league's requirements they are getting promoted into. FM is supposed to be realistic after all, and yet it doesn't have stadia criteria in place for any league.

I thought it did for the Premier League, not sure about the others though.

I thought it did for the Premier League, not sure about the others though.

It definitely doesn't in the other divisions. I don't know about the Premier League as I've not got there yet, but I'm currently in the Championship and still playing at Clarence Park (a ground that just about, at a stretch, meets Conference National requirements!) No changes have been made to the stadium.

The game does enforce all seated stadia in the Premier League, but it doesn't enforce the minimum capacity of 15,000 that is also a rule.

I got a new stadium which took me above that limit on promotion to the Premier League, although that could have been a coincidence.

I also got one with FM09 on promotion to the Brazilian Serie A, the expansion nearly bankrupted us!

Archived