administartion

just a quick question really im portsmouth and they are in the red big time now if they go into administration is there a possibility they could go bust or does the game just make sure they survive.I know they will get a 10 point deduction but it would be realistic if they did fold as so many clubs do nowadays.

On FM every club will always survive, be it by means of a takeover with cash injection or by a restructuring of debts which will turn red numers into a loan which is graually paid off.

So the worst things which may happen are the point deduction and being forced to sell players while being unable to sign any when being in administration. For tehse reason you should in each and every case try to avoid that by selling everyone with a big value or salary and replacing them with cheap talent. That will still keep you a better team in the end...

but the point is they say we try to be realistic eg:stupid press quetions! i dont see the point in adding the clubs debt if nothing will come of it because in real life the chairman wouldnt just find millions to bail you out and getting a bank loan only means your more in debt.If clubs cant fold why not focus on other aspects of the game rather than their debts.

Yeah, i mean it would be slightly more realistic with blue square and non-league teams, as they begin with practically nothing. But Portsmouth wont go out of business. Someone will save them, they are too big of a club to go bust.

Archived