Loaning Youth Players

Hey, so I've been having some thoughts about the system for loaning out youth players and tracking their progress while they are away at another club gaining first team experience. At the moment, as I understand, the only way to track their progress is to assign one of your scouts to watch them and get reports. While this may be helpful, I operate with only a few scouts due to cost cutting measures and I really need them to concentrate on finding new players.

My suggestion is that rather than a game-by-game report by your scout on how the player has performed in a match, since I am not overly concerned by his game by game performances (I can check these out myself if I am), but I am more interested in his long-term development. I would suggest that every month, the team you loan him out to sends you a report on how he is improving, or the Ass Man automatically does one. The Ass Man already does a report on players training improvements each month, so I'm sure it could easily be presented in this kind of screen.

My other gripe is that while I always check to see if a loanee is getting games, sometimes even players who are playing every game come back after a season saying they found it a waste of time. I would rather they told me this after a few games so I can recall them if possible or necessary. This could be part of some larger interaction where you may be able to say 'sort your attitude out' like Redknapp had to do with John Bostock at Brentford last season.

I think these would be really good additions as loaning out young players is such a crucial part of developing talent for the first team and would help to track those who are improving and those who are stagnating and may be better suited to a career in lower league football.

Let me know what you think!

See here I would prefer something similar to international reports about loanies

Like the ones the clubs get about player's international performances? That might be helpful, but is effectively what you get if you do the 'get loan reports' from the scout isn't it? And it wouldn't necessarily help with looking at longer term development.

My other gripe is that while I always check to see if a loanee is getting games, sometimes even players who are playing every game come back after a season saying they found it a waste of time. I would rather they told me this after a few games so I can recall them if possible or necessary. This could be part of some larger interaction where you may be able to say 'sort your attitude out' like Redknapp had to do with John Bostock at Brentford last season

Yes! The players should be able to tell the manager what kind of level they want to play at; which the manager can then ignore if he wishes to.

Very good idea. i hate it when a player has played what seems like a lot of games on loan and comesback and moans about it.

Where is this feedback over the season. I also think it would be good to interact with your loan players while they are away. You could for example release a statement saying how well/badly someone is doing while away on loan...or even tell a player that if they keep their form up/dont buck their ideas up that they will be promoted/relegated to/from the 1st team respectivley.

Archived