Doesn't want to loan player to divisional rival

I am playing as Blackburn at the moment and looking for a striker in the January Transfer Window. I have picked out 4 targets in my price range. Jermaine Beckford, who is sitting in the Everton reserves and yet to play a game all season, James Vaughan, who is another in the Everton reserves and has made two subsitute appearances this season, Mamady Sidibe, who is at Stoke and has made 6 substitute appearances and Benni McCarthy who is in the West Ham reserves, having made 2 subsitute appearances this season.

I have tried to make a loan offer for all 4 and matched the terms they have desired but have been rejected by all 3 clubs due to them not wanting to loan out player to a divisional rival.

This doesn't make sense to me as these kind of loans happen all the time in the Premier League, as I sit 15th in the League, the only team of the 3 Im even close to competitng with is Stoke who sit 16th. West Ham and Everton are 6th and 8th.

Now I think that David Moyes, would let out both strikers as for one Beckford can be given a chance in the Premier League and get some first team football, as well as confidence, while Vaughan who has struggled with injuries this season, can get some match fitness and experience.

West Ham as well I don't understand as surely they want Benni McCarthy's wages off there books with him doing nothing in the reserves. I can understand the rejection from Stokes point of view but with the potential of 500k income for a striker they are not playing, again I would personally have took the deal.

What do others think? Do SI need to take a look at loans and the way clubs think about them?

Not loaning to divisional rivals is something that happens in real life. Bellamy went to Cardiff not because of his love for the club entirely, but because he was "forbidden" to go to a Prem League team by City. Cardiff were the best of his options rather than go abroad.

Not loaning to divisional rivals is something that happens in real life. Bellamy went to Cardiff not because of his love for the club entirely, but because he was "forbidden" to go to a Prem League team by City. Cardiff were the best of his options rather than go abroad.

Perfect example.

The Craig Bellamy situation is a different one due to the quality of the player and his form the season before.

Some examples over the years though are like Shorey going to Fulham, Bridge going to fulham, Al Habsi to Wigan, Senderos to Everton, Onuoha to Sunderland, Sonko to Hull, Tainio to Birmingham, Nugent to Burnley, O'Hara to Portsmouth, Benjani to Sunderland, Hutton to Sunderland, Jo To Everton, Manucho to Hull, Pennant to Portsmouth, Ben Haim to Sunderland, Mido to Wigan, King to Middlesbrough, Davenport to Sunderland.

There are a heap of examples there of situations similar to mine where the move went ahead

True. I think the main thing is that the AI doesn't appear to appreciate the value of one of its players getting first team experience and getting their wages off their budget each week, particularly over one of it's 'rivals' having on of their players who they don't even play. Perhaps the balance in terms of what the AI thinks is better for the club isn't quite right.

In the meantime, probably better to target other players.

Under the new rules with 25 man squads, surley teams at the top level will surley be more willign to loan more established stars who are oin good money but not in their 1st team plans, just to get them off the awage bill. This is what Man Ciry did, bit they have teh luxury of being able to choose who takes him.

Archived