Being unprofessional and playing FM when you really shouldn't.

Right, I'm supervising a Y10 class here, who are writing essays. I never play FM at work but i'm very bored today. On top of marking and planning so I'm sitting here looking very professional, while in my head screaming at my left back for conceding a penalty on the last day of the season when I really need a win in order to clinch the EPL title for the first time since FM08. Is anyone else, at this moment in time, playing when they really shouldn't be?

And what's your excuse gonna be if you get rumbled? I'm settling on 'I'm researching country data for a geography quiz'. I don't teach geography though. Hmmm

Just point to the kids, they will be on various iphone apps, texting and besides it will make it easier for the stupid kids to pass this way as they can talk to some of their more intelligent mates and ask for some help - its pretty easy to have a conversation in a heavily moderated exam like the GCSE's so the kids in your class must love it lol.

haha i love it! XD

I wonder if any of my teachers played on CM when i was at school? Then again Laptops had only just started to come out in my last year, but i bet the IT Teacher played on CM. [As SI were still making CM back then]

Come to think of it, he had his computer in a closet type room out of view of the class room, and he just came around the room every 15/20 mintues or so to make sure were not on any sites we shouldn't have been on.

I bet he was playing on CM. :D

Come to think of it, he had his computer in a closet type room out of view of the class room, and he just came around the room every 15/20 mintues or so to make sure were not on any sites we shouldn't have been on.

I bet he was playing on CM. :D

Knowing IT teachers like I do, I don't think he was playing CM... :-)

Oh, by the way I lost the game I was referring to earlier. Looks like i'm going to enter my 20th season at Spurs having never won the title but finishing in the top 3. Now I have 22 shiny essays to mark I can turn off FM and 'do my job'. Booooo!

People like you yes...or your kind of attitude. And I contribute to paying your wage! I'm just gald you are not a true representation of teachers on a whole.

You don't contribute to my wage. There are many reasons for that I won't go into.

Lighten up a bit.

This class is collectively yet to hand up an assignment below 'A' this year. Go figure.

You don't contribute to my wage. There are many reasons for that I won't go into.

Lighten up a bit.

This class is collectively yet to hand up an assignment below 'A' this year. Go figure.

Yea, because you're busy playing on FM and then the intelligent kid is being badgered for answers by all the others beneaht your nose ;)

Love that, my ex-english teacher player FM on the multimedia projector, and i helped him win the FA Cup final with Liverpool which he was struggling with. He was a lad. and fair play to you too tho! :L

If you're here in Australia (especially in NSW) I don't think they'd care tbh. They'd probably laugh at you for playing a 'soccer game'

We actually have a little FM group at school. Meet 1/2 lunchtimes a term and discuss and share 'war stories'. Couple of staff too. Although yes, most people laugh uproariously at the concept of a soccer game and wheel out the cliches...

Complete joke that a teacher is playing FM whilst supervising a class room full of children. Regardless of whether the class is yet to hand in a grade below A or not it still doesent cover the fact you'r doing a recreational pursuit when you should be working. If you were working for an employee then fine but you'r not, you'r being paid to oversee a classroom full of children...and you're playing a computer game? Makes me feel like putting the game away because of how childish you sound...and you'r a teacher *shudder*

For me this is brilliant, last academic year every media class I went to there was a group of 4 guys on their laptops playing FM2010 while having word/exel/wiki open. To read that it has happened the other way round is great. I would have joined in with the 4 playing FM, but I don't take my laptop to 6th form :D

When the students are doing essays / tests?

That's when you do your marking or lesson planning. Something's wrong if you are sitting there doing nothing at this time of year.

Teaching isn't the sort of job where you can safely sit there doing nothing, there is always something you could be doing.

As long as he does the marking I don't care when he does it.

And as to the 'taxpayer' argument, get over it, teachers give good value for money, stop seeing it as a sacred different profession that needs to be a calling, before we start talking about 'nursing angels' and 'our brave boys' too.

(edited- typo).

Full concurrage again.

There was a ridiculous piece in their magazine 'Teacher' (my GF is one) some months ago regarding their pay broken down into the hours they actually work...turns out they earn less than a babysitter per hour and would be better off in McDonalds. Which of course is a total disgrace.

I'm not sure any one else on this forum would appreciate being told how to do their own job.

To paraphrase a classic: I'd rather you said thank you and went on your way.

I tend to play it windowed when working from home, so I can see the orange msn flash :)

...and then spend most days with this forum open on my 2nd monitor. IT is a place of peaks n troughs...currently troughing.

I think im the luckiest person in here... I work in the airport in my own office doing customer relations. Im sitting at the computer 10 hours straight and half the time theres nothing to do. Football Manager has saved my sanity, so thank you SI. I spend half my life playing FM lol

I think im the luckiest person in here... I work in the airport in my own office doing customer relations. Im sitting at the computer 10 hours straight and half the time theres nothing to do. Football Manager has saved my sanity, so thank you SI. I spend half my life playing FM lol

Sounds like an awesome job for most. Doing nothing for most of the day playing FM. :D

It was all about playing Doom and Worms in our sixth form, we played it over the network. Had epic 16 player Doom mod games :D.

Shame the sixth form computers couldn't handle FM at the time as that'd have been a great game to play in my frees :(.

We used to have Doom, Counterstrike and UT to keep us all entertained. Never thought about playing FM although with how long classes last then it would have been no point. At least thats my reason for not playing FM :D

During my Final Year Project in college, I spent most of my project time in the computer lab playing FM (pretty good computers they have, would be a waste not to use it :p). I even had time to write stories then and ended up in FMS.

The project I handed in was a slightly modified version of someone else's (with permission). I did bugger all during that time.

I got a C. :D

Archived