FM 2007 Coming out before Xmas

How do you feel about this news that SI are playing to release two games in the same year?

Me, even though I am a bit of a fanboy, am disappointed. I spent £30 a couple of months ago on this great game and yet in October/November it'll be superceded.

I know that I don't have to get the new version, but everyone knws it doesn't work like that.

Just a bit disappointed that loyalty is being slightly abused...

How do you feel about this news that SI are playing to release two games in the same year?

Me, even though I am a bit of a fanboy, am disappointed. I spent £30 a couple of months ago on this great game and yet in October/November it'll be superceded.

I know that I don't have to get the new version, but everyone knws it doesn't work like that.

Just a bit disappointed that loyalty is being slightly abused...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

i'm afraid all big corporations abuse loyal customers. just look at football teams releasing new kits every season. they dont care as long as the money is coming in!

Just a bit disappointed that loyalty is being slightly abused... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• SI Staff

Ok obviously I'm biased a little bit - BUT as one of the chaps who help make this game I thought I'd throw in my tuppence worth.

Any new version won't just be a data update, in the same way we do with our PC versions of the game it'll obviously start in the new season and contain new features and updated competitions rules.

If we didn't release such a game relatively promptly upon the start of the new season a large percentage of people would feel their game was out of date anyway as it would start in the 'old' season.

As such we'll make the best game possible (as per usual icon_biggrin.gif) and it'll be up to you lot whether to purchase it or not.

If you feel its been released too soon you are obviously well within your rights not to purchase it or to leave off purchasing it until the subsequent year.

Hope this helps,

Marc

PS> Details of the features for that version of the game will be released much closer to when that version comes out - its still many months off yet ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Ok obviously I'm biased a little bit - BUT as one of the chaps who help make this game I thought I'd throw in my tuppence worth.

Any new version won't just be a data update, in the same way we do with our PC versions of the game it'll obviously start in the new season and contain new features and updated competitions rules.

If we didn't release such a game relatively promptly upon the start of the new season a large percentage of people would feel their game was out of date anyway as it would start in the 'old' season.

As such we'll make the best game possible (as per usual icon_biggrin.gif) and it'll be up to you lot whether to purchase it or not.

If you feel its been released too soon you are obviously well within your rights not to purchase it or to leave off purchasing it until the subsequent year.

Hope this helps,

Marc

PS> Details of the features for that version of the game will be released much closer to when that version comes out - its still many months off yet .... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your input Marc.

I'll have to make the decsion between PC and PSP when they come out PC will probably win, unless there are some amazing features on the PSP (Playing online?).

I guess you are in a lose:lose situation. Hopefully with a 'double' release it should sort itself out in the future.

Thought of doing a double pack of PC and PSP together? As I think a lot of people will be buying both or encouraged to do so.

Two PSP versions witihn 7 months...

Perhaps it would have been a better idea to hold off the first version until the bugs (albeit small) had been fixed and also to be able to include more features. (Assuming the next version has more features and isn't just an update).

I can't help but feel slightly shafted - I won't be buying the PSP version unless it has been significantly changed/updated.

I'm actually quite happy we're getting a new version relatively soon. I mean the game is good but there's lots of things that could be added and I'm quite hopeful SI will be putting some (as I don't think they could fit all the stuff we're asking in) of that stuff in and what we'd end up with is a vastly improved game and a better experience.

Yes 7mnths or so is a short cycle for a game but I think it was vital SI got FMH2006 out when they did so they could get critical feedback on what we thought and what we wanted to see. I think we're lucky in the fact we're getting so much input into the game and I, for one, will be buying FMH2007.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCFC:

If its released be4 january will there be any save games released that include all january transfers and starts in jan with current league by SI? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We tend to do january transfer window updates for our football management sims if they come out before this time - obviouly I can't guarentee such a thing at this early stage of development, but it'll definitely be something we'll aim towards.

I agree with some of the sentiments already expressed here: I don't feel shafted, FMH2006 is an excellent first step toward what FMH2007 SHOULD be. Without releasing FMH2006, we'd be lacking the chance to add OUR input to what will, in FMH2007, be an excellent game. That is, in part, what has made the old CM/now FM series so exceptional.

Again, however, the ball is really in SI's court, as it were. Numerous suggestions have been made by the fans on these boards and it is now up to the FM Handheld team to implement as many of them as possible into the next release.

If FMH2007 has but a few updates and a database update alone, I think many fans, including myself, would justifiably feel skinned.

FMH2006 has the makings of a great game for PSP but it lacks depth and a real feeling of INTERACTION/INVOLVEMENT the PC versions have historically had, the "magic", if you will. In addition, it is bereft of some features which FMH2007 should definitely have (i.e., an editor, better media interaction, loan tweaking, ability to praise/critisize players/fellow managers, improved tactical personalisation, some sort of 2D match engine and several other ideas mentioned in other posts). Synchronisation with the PC version is also something which should be implemented at some point, though should arguably be a later goal as stand-alone improvements MUST be made beforehand. There is no question that the aforementioned suggestions could be implemented into the upcoming FMH2007 - there is plenty of time to allow for this. If more team members need to be added to the FMH development team, then so be it. That is, in part what we are paying for.

FMH2006 certainly had a good database and a decent foundation for what could be a revolutionary title for the PSP. 2007 will really be a superb opportunity for SI as there has likely been overall good work-of-mouth for FMH2006 (once again, with the expectation of significant improvements for 2007) and there will also be a decent amount of football-related interest with the World Cup.

SI/SEGA certainly have a responsibility to their fans and to themselves as a viable, profitable unit to make the improvements suggested here and in other posts. If they do, they'll have the raves of FMH2007 (not to mention impressive profits) and the envy of other PSP game developers to look forward to; should they half-arse this opportunity, they may well burn up much of their fanbase and potential for future FMHs.

I am looking forward to FMH2007 with a good deal of expectation and, perhaps, with a bit of trepidation, but SI has rarely let us down (if ever) and I think they'll be spot on with this upcoming release.

In short, good work so far, SI/SEGA, please don't let us down with 2007!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">SI/SEGA certainly have a responsibility to their fans and to themselves as a viable, profitable unit to make the improvements suggested here and in other posts. If they do, they'll have the raves of FMH2007 (not to mention impressive profits) and the envy of other PSP game developers to look forward to; should they half-arse this opportunity, they may well burn up much of their fanbase and potential for future FMHs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So no pressure then icon_wink.gif

On a more serious note we always do our utmost to make our games the best possible, after all we're making them at least partially because we want to play them ourselves icon_biggrin.gif

It would be nice to see some sort of discount to us "guinea pigs", who have, bought, played and made comments for future improvements of the game.

I won`t hold my breath though,

Cheers P

• 3 weeks later...

My only problem with this matter is that the price of FM is far too low.

I would gladly sell my house and all my belongings just to help SI. icon_smile.gif

Seriously though. If you think about it, the price is one serious bargain. I probably each year spend hundreds (literally) of hours playing FM. Sad I know, but I have never played any other games.

If I go out on the ****, I can easily spend £30 in one night!

Archived