Attributes.

Yeah it probably is but why would you want it? There is much more variation with 0-20. I mean if one players finishing is 13 and another players finishing is 14 then u can distinguish easily between the two but it is less clear if it is 85 and 86 imo

I doubt it would be possible. They have adapted the 1-20 for a long time, so why should they sway from it? It`s not like a winger with crossing 14 is much better than one with crossing 12; it only means he could possibly cross a ball better, but it still depends on whether he is a good passer, whether he can actually outrun the defender, whether he is determined enough to make a good cross and so on. So there is more to keep an eye on than simply the primary stat.

Two things, correct me if I am wrong:

One, CM uses 1-100, so may not actually be allowed to implement this (who knows in the legal world)

Two, The game I believe actually rates players from 0-127... (correct me if wrong) and the attributes you are shown are trimmed to 1-20.

SO two players of 20 finishing could be between 120 - 127...etc.

I guess, in that case, I'd argue in favour of 1-20. If you reduce footballers to numbers, the game becomes a maths contest. I like the idea of the human element of opinion, which I'd argue is pretty much the main factor in judging a players ability in the entire game, and real world.

Let me guess, you recently made the switch from CM to FM? ;)

I think the attributes are fine as they are, they have been that way since the first ever CM/FM in the early 90's i think.

Some people might say it needs freshening up, other people might say why fix something that's not broke. :thup:

Yeah it probably is but why would you want it? There is much more variation with 0-20. I mean if one players finishing is 13 and another players finishing is 14 then u can distinguish easily between the two but it is less clear if it is 85 and 86 imo

But that's a really poor example. 85 and 86 would both mean 17 finishing, so it's actually a lot more easier, as there is an actual difference rather than comparing to see who's got a better 17. And in 1-100 the difference of 13 to 14 could be 63-72 (or maybe 61 to 66).

I think it should be an option, but whether I use it or not is a different matter.

Archived