Stadium's and relocation

I have come on here to tell (to whoever can be bothered to read this) my story. I am currently managing Worcester City in 2024 and have done pretty well with them....

Starting off unemployed on Sunday League Footballer, I got four consecutive promotions, and got Worcester into the Championship. Three years later, although largely bankrupt, I scraped my way into the Premiership. Luckily money then flows in, and by 2022 after winning 2 Premiership Titles, 2 FA Cups, 3 Carling Cups and a European Super Cup, my board so generously decided that a 16k (up from about 160) capacity palace (St. Georges Lane) was not good enough for a European Super giant.

Yes, I thought to myself! Finally a new stadium...

Now as I am the only club legend and with the highest level of success I have ever had, (playing religiously since the legendary 01/02) the stadium would be named after me, after the two years it would take to build. After all, for a loyal Worcester Manager in the Hall of Fame, it would be expected. This would be my defining moment; it has never happened to me before and would be the perfect way to bow out of this game and prepare for the next in the series.

Two years later (four consecutive Premier league titles, various domestic cups and another Champs League trophy later) I open my inbox, with the message that the team had relocated. I opened the message and it read

Worcester announce stadium relocation completion to a certain,

'Worcester Stadium'.

I am very, VERY angry.

a teams first new stadium is called '*team name* stadium' e.g. Worcester stadium. The next new stadium is often named after you (if you are a legend and have been there for decades e.g. for me it would be Baker Arena then another stadium years after that would be Baker Park I think. There may be one in between but basically the first stadium is never named after the manager

a teams first new stadium is called '*team name* stadium' e.g. Worcester stadium. The next new stadium is often named after you (if you are a legend and have been there for decades e.g. for me it would be Baker Arena then another stadium years after that would be Baker Park I think. There may be one in between but basically the first stadium is never named after the manager

Ah okay, thanks a lot.

Still annoyed but at least I know if I continue I can finally get one named after me!

I'm disagreeing with BrightLad - Spurs' new stadium (after WHL) was named after me. They were my second club though, if that makes any difference.

Im pretty sure its named after the Town/city the club is from, or team name which ever way you look at it e.g. worcester is city and team name. then its after the manager so as you were already on the seen and were in charge of a team when it was given a new stadium, technically you second stadium was named after you.

this is all from experience though so it might be different each time

I just Taken Hyde United from the BSN to the Premiership and had a new stadium announced, unfortunatley the board, in their infinite wisdom have decided to name it after Gareth Seddon who was a nobody who used to play for them in the lower league, hardly seems just, although even though i have managed back to back promotions for the side I am not even considered 'favoured personnel'

This was exactly the case for me with FM2010, but I don't think there is a set pattern like this.

I think it'd be much better if the game's database included a number of regions within a city so that the new stadium names would have variety. For instance for West Ham United, if you moved out of Upton Park, you might get a stadium called 'Stratford Stadium' or 'Newham Stadium' or something like that. Along with the already included features of naming stadiums after managers it'd add more variety and realism to the game.

I think it'd be much better if the game's database included a number of regions within a city so that the new stadium names would have variety. For instance for West Ham United, if you moved out of Upton Park, you might get a stadium called 'Stratford Stadium' or 'Newham Stadium' or something like that. Along with the already included features of naming stadiums after managers it'd add more variety and realism to the game.

It has been suggested. I think that would be a good idea.

Got this currently with my Brackley side, doesn't bother me though, although I have to ask were you not informed of the new stadium name when you first got the message about a new ground? As this is when I found out my new stadium is going to be called Brackley Arena.

At least youve got a stadium, I have QPR in the CL, won an FA cup, 2 LCs, CCC once, PL once, CL final in the 1st 4 years and a media prediction of 1st and Im still in an 18k arena and Ive been asking the board for years to expand hoping they will give me a new stadium.

Ive never had a new stadium in over a decade of FM playing no matter how well I do.

This was exactly the case for me with FM2010, but I don't think there is a set pattern like this.

My first "new" stadium was named after an obscure and perpetually unemployed fitness coach, who just happened to be a club "legend". :D

One thing everyone misses is that your stadium needs to be 20 years old before you can get a new one, not sure if you have to of paid off debts as well, remember a thread a while back when someone figured it out.

If youve ever been to Loftus Road, I think youll know its more than 20 years old. :D

Quick question, I'm at Chelmsford City, and I've just got them to the Premiership after 7 seasons, still in my original stadium with the original 3k capacity, no expansions as it says the council won't allow it due to lack of space. The stadium was built in 2006, does this mean I'll have to wait until 2026 until I can get something bigger and actually get some more money into this club?!

FM just does this by chance i think.

As you said, Worchesters last stadium was 16k and called St Georges Lane. So the Worchester Stadium makes sense.

Although, with what you have acheived, i think you should be in the name! :p

FM should change this to make it so the manager that achieve amazing success get the stadium named after them. And managers that just want a bigger stadium, just have it the other way round and named "The Worchester Stadium" for example :)

Unlucky :L nothing you can do about it now :L

I also took an unplayable team at the start of the game to the prem to find my stadium callled the Boston stadium. I wasn't really that bothered about it.

After 9 prem titles and 4 euro championships I am still stuck in a 30,000 seater.

Just as a follow up on my post earlier, I was stuck with a 3000 stadium (council wouldn't allow expansion) as it was only built in 2006, and I only received an expansion because of Premier League regulations when I secured promotion. Thankfully, that did give me a nice expansion to 9500, but not a new stadium.

Most legends have stands within the ground named after them but yeah, it does suck. I think they need to scale the whole fan favorite, icon and legend status thing alot better as i've played some stellar games and still been just a fan favorite. On the bright side (well perhaps) i know i saw that you could make requests for new stadiums in FM11 but i'm curious as to wheather you'll have any input into naming the stadium. Also i'm really hoping you can use to editor to add future ground expansions.

Archived