A few additions I strongly wish to see soon in FM

I have recently been very well surprised to realize that Miles and SI do pay attention to fans suggestions from this board. Therefore I have committed my last two days in noting down the improvements I strongly feel missing and wish for the next FM's while I was playing the game. I will draw a list and because it is already quite long, I ll sort them by areas of the game (Match Engine, User Interface, Artificial Intelligence, ...) and only list the most important to me. I ll also assign number to them in case you d like to refer to them easily.

I am looking forward to hearing from your thoughts lads and to seeing whether any of them will be in FM11.

Feel free to add some at the following. What I think I will do is read your ideas and add them here in the first post only if I like them lol. Yeah it's harsh but it's my thread :p and it ll get you to debate and convince more so you get ready when discussing this with SI (if ever). Only a few recommendations to this though : please pay attention to the following criteria, which IMO are necessary to be realistically taken into consideration by SI some day :

- It has to be technically codeable by SI and in line with FM strategy (I can't see an option of being a Chairman at the start of the game happening)

- It has to attract more than half players to be considered, and more than 75% of us to be dealt with "in priority"

- It must be precise enough (for instance "improve this" is not a relevant suggestion, it is no more constructive than a simple rant ; bear in mind that SI and all of us are willing to improve pretty everything in the game) and only 1 idea by line

- It must remain realistic

- It must not make the game easier too much

Alright. Let's get it started

ME

'Play' button>

- I would like it to be differentiated when the game is paused. For instance in a flashy red (so I don't waste time anymore waiting for the game to re start alone sometimes...-_-')

The Bar on 3D view>

- I would like to see not only goals and cards, but also substitutions, injury crosses, knocks, missed penalties, disallowed goals, change of formation (for either highlights or coaching purposes)

- Also, I would like a difference when the information (goals, cards, subs, inj, missed penalties...) are for your side or the opponent’s. So for instance a different colour on such items in the Bar, or (because own goals, cards and injury crosses already use a colour code) the Bar separated in two Bars with the above for your side (or the home team) and the below for the opponent (or the away team)

- It would also be appreciated if as someone here on the board said, we could read the players name involved by hovering the mouse over the items in the Bar

Screenboxes>

- I would like to be able to resize them so I wouldn't need to pull down the scrollbar to see the subs' related info. Or ideally, make it a tiny bit smaller in height so 2 boxes still could stand on the same column with no scrollbar on them. Or maybe even better, automatically move up the subs used right after the eleven, so we wouldn't need to see the below at all anymore

Tactic changes>

- As requested by many people, I would like to be able to abort a confirmed substitution before it actually occurs (if you want, you could affect a bit the morale of the player if eventually not used at all or for a decent time during the game)

Highlights>

- When clicking on a goal through the overview screen or highlights, I would like to be sent on the 3D view everytime by default with no exception (it is possibly a bug here though)

- When a penalty is scored, as suggested by USAGooner, and the same for freekicks actually, it would be good to show the fault in the highlight as well

Player animations>

- I would like to see a defender protecting the ball until it goes out for a goal kick, as they very commonly do, with a comment on that

- I would like to see a few handballs (either by GK outside the box ; by a player saving a certain goal thus being sent off ; or common handballs on the pitch) and of course read comments about that

- I would like to see the GK (more often) dropping the ball on the pitch before kicking it away

- I would like to see the GK waiting for opposite strikers to press before taking the ball with the hands when in money time with short advance

- I would like to see a player dropping the ball before doing a touch in so the dedicated player makes it. But I wouldn't like the ME to waste time because of that though so it wouldn't have to happen too often

- I would like to see some indirect freekicks played very quickly, right after an obvious fault whistled when the team is running after the score, or so that not all opponents would be ready (more occasional)…

- I would like to see (more often) upcoming subs warming up along the touch line

- As requested by someone, I would like to see sometimes the referee running to and pointing the penalty point when whistling a penalty

- I would like to see the referee brandishing the red/yellow card sometimes

- I would like to see more spectacular dribbles such as roulette a la zidane and the more the player is rated in dribble the more he does some (ben arfa, ronaldo, ronaldinho, ribery). I don't know how they are called in english so will try to describe them so you don't forget any :) :

send the ball with the left feet behind the right feet and behind the defender to take it back behind him ; simulate a dribble on the right by sending the right feet over the ball and actually accelerate dribbling on the left (I think it already is in the game as I think I saw this :) but not often enough though : only once) ; zidane one = right then left then right feet on the ball to take it past the opponent, with your body making a round ; send the ball past the defender, either between his legs or to its right of him and run past his left, and get the ball back ;

I ve actually found some names on google but not sure at all of them : backheel , Panna , Rabona , Stepovers , Elastico

Rules>

- I would like to see the referee letting the action go when there is an advantage and only whistling when the ball is lost

- As it has been requested by people, I would like to see the offside rule implemented more properly, ie whistled only if the player does play the ball after being offside

- I would like to see the last defender committing a fault being sent off more often and at least taking a yellow card

- I would like HT & FT whistle to be coded better, ie no more in when an action is still alive

Commentaries>

- I would like to see the name of the player who just missed an action recalled instead of "how did he managed to miss that" and so on. The position ("striker", "left back") could also be used sometimes so the name wouldn't be repeated too often in a row but still with more precision than just "he"

- Bookings> I would like to read (more often) in comments that the player will miss the next match after a yellow if any

Team stats>

- I would like to see some of the teams stats in a temporary box as it is shown on TV during a game. Info is already available in the teamstat screenbox. For instance number of corners, shots on target, or even some individual stats (after an action or when subbed)

UI

Team squad selection page>

- I would like to see colours related to players condition to quickly see who is match fit enough

- When including reserve team in your squad selection for next game, reserve players should be sorted descending by their value, so you quickly find the best reserve players

- An 'undo last' button in player squad selection as well could be useful

- I would like to see the "injury" shortcut/page on the squad selection as well (to planify squad before holidaying)

Players icon>

- I would like the "Inj" icon to show at least the indisponibility time of the player when hovering the mouse over it

- I would like the "Hol" icon to show the date the player is expected to be back when hovering the mouse over it - the date should also be advised in the player status btw

- I would like the "Int" and 'Trv" icons to show the date the player is expected to be back when hovering the mouse over it

Transfer offer>

- I would like to see not only league appearance and goal fees but also overall first team appearance and goal fees

- When bidding for a co owned player, I would like to be able to spread the offers over years and use clause as well as for players not co owned

Contract offer>

- I would like to see at the bottom the current appearance and goal fees as well as the wage when offering or renewing a contract

Player history>

- As many of others here and as it has been greatly explained on the board, I strongly desire (at least an option) to display the overall first team stats instead of the league stats and to save the change for later on

- I would like to see more stats in there (such as % of heads successful, % of shots on targets, nb of dribble per game, nb of tackles per game)

- Price sold in history should be more accurate regarding clause value : it should disclose the clause value between ( ) if it has not been applied yet and still pending. Then the (clause value) should be removed if the player has been sold elsewhere before it applied, or added to the sold price if the clause has realised

Player comparison>

- Automatically put the player compared with in scouting as the default player compared with when clicking on comparison, and put him on top of the list of players to compare with

- When in full screen mode, I don't want to have to pull down the scrollbar to see the last line of players attributes

- Player comparison> I would like to see the comparison overview draw bigger, as it used to be in FM09

Player Stats page>

- As it has been requested by somebody on the board, advise on the % as well. For instance put the % inside the green bars

- I would also like to see interceptions vs balls lost

Best eleven squad>

- I would like to see substitutes differentiated in another colour (or not to see any sub in the 1st 11 names when sorted by position as I think it currently is by default)

- Either use overall first team stats or only league stats, but add some logic between stats shown in there, players chosen in there and player chosen as first eleven vs sub

Asking price>

- I would like to see asking prices set as well as transfer listed, loan listed and so on in Transfer status on team squad

- Please do not set current price as asking price automatically when transfer listing a player, keep it as "not set"

- I would like to see the last offer sent to clubs recalled exactly as it was sent, ie with the different clauses used, and not recalling only cash value all in the asking price

Transfer center>

- Specify if it is a "loan offer", a "loan to buy" or whatever when it is not a transfer "offer"

Transfer clauses page>

- When you sort the list by a column and then click on a player and finally go back to the page, please keep the column sorted. Also when sorting by one column, please always sort the list in the same order whenever you choose this column. For instance, assign a 2nd and a 3rd sort orders by default after the human chosen one, that we wouldn't see

- I would like to always see the name of the teams involved

- I would like to see the minimum fee and relegation release fee clauses of its own players to appear (so you are not surprised after 3 hours preparing everything, to lose your star player and kill your save)

- I would like to see between ( ) the original number involved in the clause and not only the remaining numbers

Training>

- When a player renew his contract, please stop putting him off of his currently set training program

- I am wondering if being able to train feet ability would be a good idea ie not making the game too easy and still remain realistic ? If so, it could take for instance 50% of the player's training involvement. Same, training of a new position should take 30/40% of the training involvement. Or maybe even better, we should be able to allow the player's training involvement between feet training, new position training, and usual training programs. For instance, adding one "extra line" in the training program, below the set piece line, for position & feet training

Bugs>

- As requested by people, no more screen lags anywhere when clicking on a button

- When on full screen, I don't want to scrolldown a bar to see the last line of players attributes (can fans skins solve this ?). It would be great that the game automatically detects your screen size & resolution and adapts accordingly

- Stop natural DR, WBR or AMR regens being left footed only, or the other way

- Stop offering us a GK or linking us with GK rumours when no decent substitute GK is in the team (or take a look at the reserve team)

Career>

- Achievements> As requested by people, I would like to see a page listing all the trophees, league championships, cups and awards won by a manager along his career, whatever club he managed

- Hidden Eggs> I would like to see more often managers or former players' sons (or only human manager's and maybe regen's, if there is any legal issue on real people) and more stadiums named after legendary managers, and managers becoming legendary more often

Match preview>

- I would like to see in the same screen the line up and the match analysis & milestones (milestones are already separate in two columns so might be easy to use these two columns). The advantages would be to obviously save time by saving one clic/page, plus making us spend more time on this page so we would pay more attention to these interesting info than we are used to so far

- Match preview> I would like to see the match analysis or at least the match odds on the same page as teamtalks, as they are ususally required to set the teamtalks

News feed>

- I would like to see the key names (players or teams depending on the news subject) involved in the news either in bold or underlined, to see quickly if the news will have an interest for us and also to quickly find the shortcut to the related page

- Scout reports> I would like to read in the related news all the conclusion of the report : not only the appreciation on the player, but also his interest for the club, the expected price, and as requested by someone, the scout’s general overview stars

- Scout reports> I would also like to see in the related news a red colour if the player scouted is already in the SL, and being able to ctrl clic several player from the scout report news feed

- When a player (own or shortlisted) rejects a contract extension, I would like to read systematically the number of years left on his contract, ie have the info not only when his contract is expiring or randomly

- I would like to be notified when a player gain or lose a "natural" position from or to accomplished

- I would like to be advised of the assists on the match report in the newsfeed (so we don't need to go and see the stats of the match to see this after holidaying). For instance, put the name between ( ) after the name of the scorer

Scout reports>

- I would like to see the scouting report of a player at all his natural and accomplished positions, not only his current best natural position, ie being able to select the position I will read the scouting report, exactly as in scouting a currently owned player

- When in the scout’s shortlist, if you are in the middle of the list, select a player and come back to the SL, cursor will highlight the player from the top again, losing your previous position. I would like it to be coded as it is currently done for the normal shortlist

Player profile>

- I would like to see "loan to buy" instead of "loan" when offer is actually a loan to buy offer (take the code from the "interested" line as it is coded properly there)

- I would like to see any transfer clause pending for a player on his profile/transfer page

- When major concern states "want to move to a bigger club", slight concern "may look to move" shouldn't appear anymore (possibly an occasional bug)

Staff search>

- I would like to be able to filter 1st team coach and youth coach ie differentiate all kind of coaches, so that when filtered on youth coach, only coach willing to actually be a youth coach would come up and no more current youth coach interested only in a senior squad coach position

- Staff search : as it has been requested already, I would like to have a shortlist for staff. I would also like a comparison page, and an AssMan thoughts on coachs. Same as players then

- I would like to see staffs in colour when a contract is offered and/or an “off” icon before his name in the search screen. Same as players

Offer to clubs>

- When offering a player to clubs, do not reset his loan status to "not set", leave it where it was (if listed for loan then leave it as listed), no matter we chose or not the option to transfer list the player and assigning him as not needed by the club

UI general>

- I would like the tree shape back, so at least the ability to choose what menu form you like

- I would like to be able to choose skins among brand new ones plus former ones (FM07's, FM09's, FM10's, and so on)

- I would like a "down" arrow on news feed, and the inbox enveloppe replaced by a "up" arrow (so you can read the news below without scrolling down, as the scrollbar is far on the right hand side...)

- When the game asks you to save before quitting, the shortcut should be "save" and not "save as"

- League table : I would like to see lines seperating CL and ECC potential qualifications (even though this might move depending on cups results)

Team profile>

- When you clic on attendance, it should show average attendance by default (as it has more importance in a save than highest attendance)

- When clicking on a scout in Scout assignments, I would like the scout assignment (if any) to be highlighted by default

Holiday>

- I would like to be able to assign specific back up for each 1st squad positions (and MC right vs MC left being differentiated) ; I also would like to be able to set a % of games each players of a position should play. For instance, options could be "play as many as possible, play more than average, play average, less than average, the least possible"

- I would like to tell the AssMan whether or not to rest star players in games before important games (as they seem to do), and whether to use or not reserve/younger players in minor cups. Or actually to set a % for such strategy options to be used by AssMan (er.. make me think to try to re phrase this line later)

- I would like the option to make the AssMan renew contracts for any staff approached

- I would like a "+" & "-" after "until date", so you can quickly choose a date close to the default date without going into the calendar screen

- I would like to be able not to allow transfer requests by AssMan (if a player’s unhappy is not a reason)

- I would like to be able to choose to holiday from the current club and from the nation role separately…

- I would like to be advised early enough on important dates, such as captain choice, competition bonus to players, pitch size, squad registrations, so I don't let my AssMan deal with this

Others>

- Staff contract renewing : I would like to be able to ask the AssMan to take this in charge ; also, I would like to be able to renew several at once, for instance by right clicking on a selection of staffs and offering to match their demands (especially when every 2 years you have to renew 30 staffs)

- Team squad registration : I would like players under 21 that don't need to be registered to be in a specific colour or with a specific icon before, so you recognize them and don't use a slot for them

- Miles : I would like you to hire me in the R&D department :-)

Board/fans interaction and AI :

On match confidence>

- As it has being requested by people on here, Board and fans should keep in mind the context of the game, that is to say the match importance regarding expectations, thus if a second squad was deliberately used or not (ie for friendly, lower cups, no challenge as qualification/expectation already acquired, the opposite looked weak). Also if there has been some injuries before or during the game, some players kept away for international duties, if the game was away (I think it already takes this into account though), willing to try the youngers, and so on ; or, even maybe better, add some interaction here with a manager feedback after complaints from them to let us explain what happened (with reasons above in multiple choices for instance)

On signings>

- Board and fans should keep in mind whether the player is listed as a promise or as a star/1st team player for immediate results, and also its price as a bargain which is still in the money ie could still be sold for more is not a bad signing… Journalists can make the difference at the initial press conference, so why not club tiers. Or even better, same as above, add some interaction here for us to let them know our thoughts...

On season expectations>

- As it has being requested by people on here, Board and fans should be more demanding on the results achieved at the end of the season, compared to the ambition stated at the start of the season, and then be more open to get the manager fired. So we would not be tempted to get more "easy budget". This would also add a lot of pressure, strategy, difficulty, commitment and passion to the game.

On trophee congratulations>

- As it has being requested by people on here, I would welcome more praise after winning a League or CL or a double/triple/quadriple, than just a "heyyy not too bad... though we keep it low so you can keep focusing"...

On transfer budgets>

- Some day you really will have to revamp this as well as the transfer market to make it more realistic. IRL best players Villa and Ibra were bought for 40M and 24M, there has been a few between 70 and 95M, however transfer fee might never go beyond than that. Football politics are even speaking of decreasing debts and so on. In compensation to make teams accept lower deals, you would have to revamp the teams budget as well : spreading a deal over four years could remain possible but then each of the next years budget should be reduced by the same amount, resulting in a budget of 0 (more or less the sales of players and other exceptional incomes, including take over or rich chairman generosity from time to time but not every year).

In the meantime, the current transfer is totally biased (you need to spend more than 100M to buy a WW star), but it is fine as long as it is still compensated by the so biased budget. Though AI teams should use the exploits too

Opposition/AI strategy>

- I would like to see (more often) teams replace players sold by same position players as IRL, thus mercato would be an exciting escalade of deals and we would have to bet and make the right choices faster

- I would like to see (more often) teams target also bargains and promises, and not only first team players

- I would like to see teams transfer fee and buy back clause acceptance decreased, as so far it is easy to use an exploit here

Brand new addition to the game

- Inspired by ideas read here. After a certain amount of seasons played (for instance 20), money earned (for instance £150M), Benefits brought to the club through transfers (for instance £2B), trophees won (for instance, 1st manager in HOF in every section), you could be able to create a club in the lowest league of the playable leagues of your choice, starting with rubbish stadium, training and youth facilities, signing only free players, or a little bit better than that depending on how well money you have made.

Not sure of the following yet, but I still disclose it so we can discuss it : the money could also be increased by your very last club as well should you have accomplished there the most of your achievements (this could be transcripted as you became a shareholder of the said club and this way you can use some of the money from there - possibly in equal proportion of the shares bought).

Around this idea, Manager contracts could be improved : there could be new clauses included, such as a bonus for winning a trophee, beating a league expectation, maybe managing well club's finance, squad atmosphere, team's fair play, fans happiness, team increase in reputation or wealth rankings, making new players capped, and why not being offered stock options or shares of the club so the club ensure we stay longer (and here would start the shareholder idea)

The challenge would be very hard but a/ you would have already proven you can do it, b/ you would pay attention during your career to make as much money as you can for yourself (and maybe for your last club), thus negotiating your contracts during your career would make sense and have some importance for the very first in FM history, choosing between maximizing your own revenue or the club's and the club's transfer budget. This would also enhance your possible interest for other clubs proposal to hire you : you would definitely think twice before sticking to your current club if you don't feel it is "the one"... Finally, there could also be a new feature allowing you to re negotiate your current contract following another interesting position offered..., c/ you would at least benefit from a good manager reputation (not club reputation yet though), and maybe a partnership with your last club, which could thus allow you for instance to loan youth players from them, maybe benefit a bit from their scouting force :rolleyes:, ...

What would the benefits be ? For the first time in FM history, we would feel as a real manager, looking for the best interest for us (short term strategy in the current club = our wage, vs long term strategy in the current club = budget of the club). This would initiate or encourage players to an "LLM" game with for sure real enjoyment even for the doubtfuls. Top managers would face and enjoy a new, terrific and really difficult challenge. We would combine a kind of Chairman role (for the club implementation and development, and then for trying to make as much money as possible to improve it and decide ourselves about improving facilities) and a manager role (most Chairman ideas were rejected by fans so far as it was without a manager role while here it would be combined sort of). This could be seen as a very enjoyable bonus and a big reward for long term players (and possibly a hidden egg for this feature implementation, before maybe allowing this from the beginning of the game in later FM's, as anyway saves with such opportunities would be shared online). For SI concerns, this would obviously increase A LOT players enjoyment and addiction to the game...

Only thing I'm really desperate to see in future FM's is clubs buying players if they've been on great form. Man City buying Adam Johnson for example.

If there's a player in Europe who doesn't play for a top team, but does play in the main leagues, and he finishes the season with 30 goals for his club, he won't get an international call-up AND he won't attract interest from massive clubs. IRL both would happen.

Only thing I'm really desperate to see in future FM's is clubs buying players if they've been on great form. Man City buying Adam Johnson for example.

If there's a player in Europe who doesn't play for a top team, but does play in the main leagues, and he finishes the season with 30 goals for his club, he won't get an international call-up AND he won't attract interest from massive clubs. IRL both would happen.

Coudn't be true'er (is that a word)...In my game Gabby Agbonlahoer in often the premierships top scorer, yet he is never wanted and only has 6 England caps by 2017.

adding to your ME thread. 1) I would like the highlight of a penalty kick goal to include the penalty that caused the spot kick.

2) Every once in a while on an offside call show a quick replay (this may to complicated but the system choose the best angle to show the offsides)

Completely spot on with your 1), I ll add it in my next 1st post update :)

For your 2), well there are too many offsides to be implemented I think. However, it could be included in highlights (not during the game as all replays are) and only when there has been a goal disallowed for instance.... Which comes to the idea : show disallowed goals in highlights. Hmm why not. Edit : Id actually rather see them on the 3D view Bar (1st post updated with this). What would be good also would be to have the yellow line shown somehow if added in highlights.

And it reminds me of a few other strong wishes that i ve expressed recently on the forum but forgot to recall here, I ll do later.

The one related is : improve the offside rule, improve the advantage rule (let the action go whenever possible, and come back to the fault if required), and last defender being sent off or at least a yellow card everytime he commits a deliberate fault breaking a counter attack.

Yeah "few additions" not to afraid people lol, and 2 days well ok I already had many of the ideas in mind for a while I have to admit :-)

Regarding your screen lag point. Surely this has to be down to the performance of the users computer and not something that SI have any real control over. I personally have never experienced the lagging you mention and I certainly dont have high spec computer compaired to other users on this forum.

I know, but what if you can set up your starting line up with saving such clics ? I would sign straight away IMO. It's been a while I haven't played FM10 tbh so I am wondering if this can not already be settable and saved though as FM10 added lots of customization.

@ trekman> possibly, good to know anyway thanks :thup: (we should do a poll though as I am interested in the proportion of people affected by at least one regular lag :p)

Dont have to omuch time to reply, so id just offer up that many of these are brilliant ideas. To be honest the one i really really agree with, is the extra additions on the bar in 3D screen. I want to se what min subs etc were made.

cant see anything in your post that is off any good to the game at all .. remember its a game for enjoyment to relax and play after a hard days work or study . why would you wanna add all them useless things to it ..

in fact i think SI killing the game by adding too much ... it will just become a game for the very few geeks .. and most will just not bother because of the complex ..

I'll say this much, I am often affected by the lag, although its more a case of background running on my computer, even when I shut things off however, I get periods of gameplay that just are seriously slow. Technical issue as it is however, Im not layhing this at the feet of anyone, I'll just go and get a higher end processors, but if you would like back up on the lag issue, you'll get it from me.

I tend to just go pop the kettle on, with the match or game on pause, then pop back later on.

Regarding some ideas you suggest, some are rather good.

However, some I will argue slightly (slightly, I'll reiterate)

I love the idea of pure realism from my football game, but the things with the keeper bouncing the ball etc can wait. I'd say focus on areas more in need of upgrade first. I'd like to see it, dont get me wrong, but priorities I think should be kept.

I feel a huge area that the game must focus on is the issue of late game time wasting. The amount of times I have waited 1-2 minutes for an opposition goal kick is...well, both infuriating and a little damning on my chances.

Its not that I "expect" the game to allow me the equaliser, but at least allow me the adequate amount of gameplay for my hope to sustain itself! See a throwin to the opposition with a minute to go, watch the "ballboy" lob the ball to the centre circle, watch the player trundle to fetch it...you know what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump :rolleyes:

I have released :) the update for the first message of the thread. I am looking forward to hearing from your thoughts and ideas.

Tbh, I found it hard to believe these ideas were not in FM yet (due to FM developers quality, who have always managed to have me fulfilled so I definitely love their ideas and surely their way to work on the game), as I really feel they strongly miss the game so far. Also, after thinking so much of such possible new features and the fact that FM11 has 500 new ones, I would now be disappointed if at least 50% of the above would still not be in FM11. Surely it (at least 50%) would be in FM12 at the latest though but still it would be a shame to wait for so long time to have them. Well, hopefully... in SI we trust, don't we :)

I can't tell which of your ideas are new.

One I spotted that I think was old was the suggestion for handballs to be punished. This already happens- the commentary says "Messi handballed". You also occasionally get goalkeepers sent off for handling outside the area.

i'm more interested in why billynomates got banned after 6 posts apart from being called billynomates lol

Tbh his post in this thread quite shocked me. I thought he was working against SI or something... IMO I don't miss his posts.

Now how do you know he is banned ? Your post here isn't worth much better than his...

A fair bit of thought went into that post with some good ideas. I'll be honest though, not many of them would improve the game for me.

For me there are far more game breaking issues that need resolving. The team talks are woeful, the press conferences are mind numbingly repetitive and the scouts don't do their jobs half the time. I agree with you on your comments about expectations / celebrations; this for me is my biggest complaint. I find it ridiculous how expectations within clubs change so rapidly. In my last long term game I had managed Sheff Wed to the heights and by the end of 2017 I had won back to back champions league football. I'd done enough with them and resigned at the end of that season.

My stock was pretty high but I decided to continue the game as a holiday game. After another 10 game years I decided to get back into management. Half way through the season of 2028 Newcastle were floundering at the bottom of the championship and in debt. I applied for and got the job. I had no money for players and had to make some serious cuts. To cut a long story short, I kept them up and 2 years later I got promoted to the premiership.

Now this is where I agree with you and many others. Not only did I get no thanks (I got the 'always expected this') but I was now expected to reach the quarters of the cups and obtain a top half finish.

This is ridiculous. I'd only just scraped promotion with a team of under 20's and due to bonus's paid, I was back to having no money. I had to sell my star striker to Barcelona to get some transfer money and yet the board and fans wanted more. 3 years later we made the final of the Champions league. We lost and suddenly my future was being questioned even though I had finished 2nd in the premiership and had won the FA cup. The FA cup win was their first ever trophy in ‘forever’; the fans were delighted with me, the board 'always expected me to win it'. Come on! this is their first trophy win, why the hell did they expect me to win it, they'd never won it before. Never once in all the years of playing it, has the game made me feel like I am special to the club.

I had anticipated this outcome and had saved the game before the final. I replayed it and won this time. Again the fans were delighted but the board wanted 'to keep the celebrations to a minimum …’. I was disgusted. I'd saved the game after the initial final loss, loaded this back up, resigned and went on holiday again. 10 years later Newcastle were in league 1 and struggling.

Once these things are sorted, then things like hovering a mouse for info can be looked at. As the saying goes, 'you can polish a turd, but at the end of the day it's still a turd'. I'm not saying that this game is anything like that bad, but there are so many of the main mechanics that need to be put right before they polish it.

It worries me that they keep introducing new things every year before putting right the things they incorporated previously. I am very much looking forward to the demo. If these main mechanincs aren't improved, then I'll be cancelling my pre-order.

For me there are far more game breaking issues that need resolving. The team talks are woeful, the press conferences are mind numbingly repetitive and the scouts don't do their jobs half the time. I agree with you on your comments about expectations / celebrations; this for me is my biggest complaint. I find it ridiculous how expectations within clubs change so rapidly. In my last long term game I had managed Sheff Wed to the heights and by the end of 2017 I had won back to back champions league football. I'd done enough with them and resigned at the end of that season.

I understand and kind of agree, in the point that I forgot to mention my idea regarding teamtalks (and opposite instructions) : have the AssMan preselect them so you can only adjust them and thus save a lot of time. Will do in a next update ^^

However revamping the areas you are mentioning are a good idea, but as said in OP you need to bring an idea of how you would imagine it to be. Otherwise it is quite cheap to say so (even though it's not our job and such comment is still better than nothing).

The good thing of my ideas is that IMO they are very easy and quick to add in the game, as they are mostly only little tweaking of existing features. So little change for great addition :). Revamping a whole feature and with no idea brought thus no guarantee that something better is known is risky and would take the main part of the year's new features.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts :)

I hope SI see this post.. as it really contains alot of great ideas!

Thanks mate, hope too :)

Some reasonable ideas in there, nothing amazing or anything that's particularly going to massively change the game. As for the idea about creating a club from money earnt, utter tosh. Simply ridiculous idea, managers simply don't do that.

If this is true then it could remain hidden all way long :p

• 1 month later...

I was thinking in real life when a team buys a star player he must have some say in his position? Let's say a player ( Like Carlos Vela ) can play as a striker and as a Left Winger he would be able to make a request to mostly play in the striker role ( depending on club ) when he signs. Is this how it is in real life and if so it should be modeled in the game.

I remember for example that Robert Koren dislike how often he was made to play as a wide right midfielder for WBA and wanted more to play as a CM.

Archived