Are Ai managers just plain dumb?

Im in the 2014-2015 season. I had previously taken Charlton up to the PL but the loan debts they had and the refusal of the Front Office to give me any transfer money (I got 4mil the first year up) caused me to quit the after a month in the PL where I knew there was zero chance of success. At the beginning of the season I looked through all the expectations and the most transfer money they would offer me was 9mill for PL champion...needless to say that would never be enough.

So I went on holiday for a bit and in early October I was offered the job as Swansea manager in the CCL1. They were in the 19th position but had a rather large transfer budget already in place at 3mil, which was more than enough for me in L1. I took over the job and first thing I notice...and Im sure this is what got the previous manager fired, he had hired six DR/WBR on the squad only one DL and 1 Striker, and finally 2 keepers one at 19 and one at 39 years old.

What I wanted to know is how many other AI managers make such stupid teams as this one did?

I simply signed a couple free transfers and brought in about 6 new players on the January transfer market and now Im in 6th place with 2 months left. How could he be so dumb?

they are dumb i went to spurs had 2 strikers 1 left back and only 3 center backs

Ive noticed that some AI managers will chase exactly the same players Im chasing. The Bransley manager went after 4 players after I offered them contracts. But apparantly my offers were better as they signed with me...well actually 1 signed in France but the other 3 choose me over them.

Archived