LOL: Can You Imagin FM11/12 With A Award Ceremony?

Why ST? Doesn't hurt to have it. It doesn't take anything away from the game. You play Mario N64 before? Was fun watching that closing ceremony thing. Needs a fastforward option though, wouldn't wanna play 100 seasons and watch it 100 times...

No thank you. It would be repetitive, it is unneeded, it wouldn't add anything... why is seeing Player X walk up and pick up an award any more satisfying than seeing "Player X won an award" displayed on your screen?

Maybe they could do this in a club format. So you could choose who won what award, apart from fans and players player obviously, but you could give awards to the backroom staff as well as players. Could be interesting to see how the losers reacted :p

I honestly wouldn't mind having ceremonies for cups and leagues where you see your team lifting the trophy and maybe some fireworks and perhaps like a victory lap, the fans going crazy. Just to add some additional immersion to FM, because right now all you get is just a message or two about winning any trophies and that's it. There's just no real grandiose feeling about your accomplishments.

It sounds pretty sweet, although this would be in many years to come, ad i doubt everyones computers can handle it without lagging horribly, tbh a more realistic thing would be to have a live award ceremony over the internet for all the FM Online players. Or in careers having seasonal award ceremonies with your club etc

i doubt everyones computers can handle it without lagging horribly

dude seriusly? FM looks like a 10 year old game in graphics its time people upgrade their 10 year old pc , this would be very easy to implement it wont take years to do it , unfortunately SI listens to the Old boys who are afraid of anything new

i would love a graphical representation of our achievements , just receiving a message and a pat on the back its boring has hell , its not even realistic

Why ST? Doesn't hurt to have it. It doesn't take anything away from the game. You play Mario N64 before? Was fun watching that closing ceremony thing. Needs a fastforward option though, wouldn't wanna play 100 seasons and watch it 100 times...

It is needless, it wouldn't match the rest of the game, as the game is mostly text based and the ceremony would be an inconsistency. If it was a ceremony as a match report or a cup draw style I wouldn't mind it, as long as there was a way to miss them, as they would get repetitive. The current style of ending a season, for me is perfect. I really wouldn't want anything to change in that department.

It is needless, it wouldn't match the rest of the game, as the game is mostly text based and the ceremony would be an inconsistency. If it was a ceremony as a match report or a cup draw style I wouldn't mind it, as long as there was a way to miss them, as they would get repetitive. The current style of ending a season, for me is perfect. I really wouldn't want anything to change in that department.

its because of people like this guy here that the game stagnated for 3 years ( 2005-2008) only in 2009 real innovation on the game started

its because of people like this guy here that the game stagnated for 3 years ( 2005-2008) only in 2009 real innovation on the game started

If you want to disregard my opinion don't read it, don't bad mouth it to the rest of the world.

EDIT: Sorry if this sounded a tad harsh.

I honestly wouldn't mind having ceremonies for cups and leagues where you see your team lifting the trophy and maybe some fireworks and perhaps like a victory lap, the fans going crazy. Just to add some additional immersion to FM, because right now all you get is just a message or two about winning any trophies and that's it. There's just no real grandiose feeling about your accomplishments.

A graphically intensive awards ceremony, I'm not really concerned about, but I would like to see teams presented with or lift trophies within the 3D match engine. A lap of honour would be a bonus. I wouldn't think it's too difficult to do. Take penalty shoot-outs for example. It represents the feel of the shoot-out well, especially when the winner is scored.

A graphically intensive awards ceremony, I'm not really concerned about, but I would like to see teams presented with or lift trophies within the 3D match engine. A lap of honour would be a bonus. I wouldn't think it's too difficult to do. Take penalty shoot-outs for example. It represents the feel of the shoot-out well, especially when the winner is scored.

I agree with that entirely.

It is a terrible idea to be honest that is why people do not want it. Maybe at most, have a representation in the 3d match engine to show the team collecting the cup but that is it. In my opinion, the reason for the game dipping slightly is nothing to do with 'people like this guy', it was mainly due to putting in superficial rubbish like this and not concentrating on the bread and butter stuff. Thankfully, in the past incarnations of FM they have concentrated on getting the basics up to scratch and implementing fantastic features without going overboard.

It is the exact reason why games like CM and Fifa Manager lag way behind FM as they try to add fluffier and eye catching features which eats into the development time of the proper game. FM never built its reputation on graphics but good solid (and addictive) gameplay and long may it continue. If they did want to concentrate on the graphical side of things, I would rather they spend more time building upon the 3d graphical representation of the matches, which I am sure is what they are doing.

Tbh, I wouldn't be keen on any of the ideas mentioned in this thread. A ceremony would add nothing to the game, the satisfaction of winning a cup is a great feeling as it is, this would be far too gimmicky an addition imo.

A lap of honor or some sort of presentation on the 3d pitch again would be an unnecessary addition. The reason why we like watching those irl is we get to see the players we know well, up close celebrating and having good banter with each other. It's also an opportunity for those in the stadium to join in the party.

Put those into a computer game and it just looks gimmicky and gets boring. I think the buzz of winning in FM is great the way it is. It's a unique game. Plenty of other football games have these silly annimations

I think it would be a lovely addition, but not really for player awards but for team awards: when your team wins the league or a cup really. it would be nice to see the players on the pitch with the cup, showing it to their supporters, and they would jump as they do now when your team scores and your opponents with their head down or sitting on the pitch. As MIles announced that this year there is also an emotion engine, they could write in the code that losing player = sad or something like that.

Archived