FM11 - loans and transfers

In the last few days, two bid loan deals have gone through.

1. Hatem Ben Arfa to Newcastle

2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic to AC Milan

Both are loans but BOTH clubs (Newcastle and AC) appear to HAVE to buy the respective players after either a certain amount of games have been played by that player (25 in the Ben Arfa case) or come the end of that season.

Such transfers are more complex than any previous FM has offered, with mention of new features in the transfer system for FM11 - is anyone from SI able to comment on these types of deals as this is something I very much want in FM.

Thank you.

AC Milan loan Ibrahimovic for no fee but they pay ALL of his wages for this season, then, apparently, they are OBLIGED to pay Barcelona £24million EURO.

This sort of complex negotiation MUST be in FM11 as this is becoming more important in top transfers.

What I mean is, the ability to structure a transfer in many different ways, not just buy now or loan now etc.

There could / should be hundreds of choices available for both teams when negotiating deals.

AC Milan loan Ibrahimovic for no fee but they pay ALL of his wages for this season, then, apparently, they are OBLIGED to pay Barcelona £24million EURO.

This sort of complex negotiation MUST be in FM11 as this is becoming more important in top transfers.

What I mean is, the ability to structure a transfer in many different ways, not just buy now or loan now etc.

There could / should be hundreds of choices available for both teams when negotiating deals.

u have a very good point thier at the minute transfer negotiations arnt realistic and are quite boring. they need more options in and maby better negotiating from the a.i to .

Well Miles has hinted at more complex contract negotiations, I just sincerely hope that the actual transfer itself hasn't been overlooked.

Think of the possibilities, they're almost endless, within reason.

Imagine if you're skint, having spent your £20 million budget but a player you really want becomes available.

You should be able to do a deal with his club, like the Ibrahimovic one where you take him on loan for the season but promise to buy him at the end when you get more money again.

The board could get involved and agree on it, depending on how much it was and what TV money etc was coming in.

The game could be a lot cleverer and realistic in this way.

As far as I know the Ibrahimovic deal is a season long loan deal and at the end of the deal Milan then have the option to purchase him for the agreed price. This type of transfer is already in FM and has been for a while.

I can't comment on the Ben Arfa to Newcastle deal as I haven't really read anything about the clauses involved.

I think the point the OP has made is also similar to the Situation Portsmouth were in Last season where they would have had to make Dindane's move permanent after a certain amount of games or pay a fee if he exceeded a certain game limit.

Very good point that and something i had overlooked myself.

I have read that Ibrahimovic MUST be bought be Milan at the end of the season.

Regardless, it's the options that should be available to us as managers in the game that I'm trying to emphasise.

These days, transfers are far more complex at times than just agreeing a fee.

The Hatem Ben Arfa transfer, for example, states that Newcastle MUST buy him if he plays in 25 games and that the fee is around £5.5million.

Newcaslte pay his wages this season, plus a loan fee, believed to be £800k.

So the actual transfer fee in this case is £6.3 million - but, of course, OM will save approx £2 million in the players wages, so it's an attractive deal to OM.

We should be able to do this in FM...

Archived