"Alex Ferguson sacked" !

OK anything can happen in football - but in FM10 PC & FMH SAF has been sacked in just about every save game that I have run. Surely when he inevitably leaves Utd it will be either his choice or out of respect will be a "mutual"(!) departure.

Please note that I am not a SAF fan but this thread is not about me having a dig, it is purely about a realism issue (though not technically a "bug"). I hope my tone has made that clear.

I remove the debt of all the elite clubs via the editor to prevent the dramatic fall from grace of the top clubs in FM. I know this is not realistic at all but the AI is not good enough to handle the crippling debt in terms of squad building.

I find doing this creates a great title race between Utd, City and Chelsea for the first few seasons which will probably be an accurate representation of the next few years to come.

Also prevents AC Milan from being relegated after 3 seasons!

P.s. I never erase the debt of a club I intend on managing from the start, I find it a great and enjoyable challenge.

I've never got far enough to see any of this happen, but on my saves (I usually manage a season and a bit (pitiful, I know)) the top teams always seem to dramatically fall almost instantly!

Always seems to go season 1 or two in my games. I dont manage at Prem level, dont know if that makes any difference - I guess not.

Manchester United would not be the team they are today if it was not for Sir Alex He is probably the only un-sackable person in world football.

Although in my game he merely retired around 2012/13, Juande Ramos is ow in charge, who strangely insists on leaving a Wayne Rooney on the bench far too often! Probably why they consistently languish around 6th/7th

Fergie always retires on mine but it always seems to happen on the quiet then Mick McCarthy or Tony Mowbray gets appointed then we they inevitably get sacked Solskjaer generally hangs on as Caretaker Manager for 10 months, its him or Rene Mulensteen

SAF was sacked in my save after 3 seasons and he was removed from the legends list... Unrealistic.

Mourinho was also sacked from Inter and he never found a job and eventually retired. Meanwhile Juande Ramos takes every single job available and it's annoying as f***

Archived