Best way to find the best regens?

I use the player search. If I'm looking for a centre back I set the filter to Attributes of at least 13 for Tackling, Marking, Heading, Positioning, Determination, Jumping and Anticipation. set it for 6/7 and Maximum age of 17.

I use the attributes that are highlighted in the tactics screen for the position I'm looking for and then I scout the players I find. Works quite well. The amount of players you can find this way can be increased with better scouting knowledge so Still keep sending your scouts out.

I spend a lot of time just plain looking my friend.

Set reminders in your notes for the "seasoin refresh dates" (when all the new regens come into clubs from that country)

Then go through all of those clubs and scout the ones with higher values (usually a good indictator of potential.

Hire 5 scouts (the best ones you can afford) and assign them to:

England U18 league

U21 World Cup

France / Italy / Spain (All filtered by age <=21)

The last 3 country I mentioned probably will differ in every game, but in my last few saves, France, Italy and Spain are producing the best regens.

just do a player search for players 10 and under and look at their value. That is 1 giveaway that they are somewhat decent. Sometimes your club coaches/scouts/assistant manager may call a club meeting every 2-3 weeks and in that, it shows you some scouted players

Sometimes your club coaches/scouts/assistant manager may call a club meeting every 2-3 weeks and in that, it shows you some scouted players

This..

Most of the time, they recommend crap, but rarely they hit the nail on the head, so try to attend all the meetings. They sometimes come up with pretty decent backroom staff recommendations too.

I spend the Bank Holiday yesterday just looking. 1st by Player Search with age of 17 or lower. 1st sort by scouting reports, then sort by value. That'll pretty much get the best ones then I'll look at clubs that other regens have come from.

Lots of scouting, lots of standard searches and lots of manual searching. In fact, I probably spend too much time searching for players. ;)

I spend most time at the start of a new save and also around the dates I know regens appear in different countries. At the start though, there's usually a few good newgen players dotted around, so it's worth spending the time to track them down.

I just checked out the U18 groups, went onto Stats then Player Stats and it clearly shows who the best passers, goal scorers and those that assist are. I haven't done it before, but it looks like a decent way of finding home grown talents that have a future.

Hope that helps. :)

I get my scouts out across the world to boost my scouting knowledge first then use the player search. I filter to under 21, then sort by the scout report stars then value. If there are highly valued players who have not been scouted yet, then I'll assign my scouts to go and look at them. I'll then get my scouts to look over the top rated players once again for a second opinion, then I'll probably be left with a small number of suitable siginings.

I've found a lot of good regens in the Irish League and that's one of the few Euro leagues I don't have running in full on my game.

I've a max rating youth academy and facilities but still find better regens in that league.

well o've npticed its a combination of things...i have no trouble finding regens but its predicting when the best ones will be available...and normally its the smaller countries that are not running when you have a large database on....for example, sarajevo in bosnia, developes rediculos talent.

Archived