Random question about FMH 2011

• SI Staff
Can anyone from SI confirm what the background will be during a match if you are only looking at the text view - will it still be the 'green field' backdrop that is currently in FMH 2010?

It'll be something along those lines in both FMH and FMHi .... can I ask why you're asking?

• SI Staff
He may want a fresh look or something.

Was wondering more along the lines of what he was hoping for tbh (as personally I miss the days when we had stadium backdrops but legal stuff prevents that today).

• SI Staff
Cant you try get stadium backgrounds for Licsenced teams or something? Or at least a similar background to that of FMH2009?

Its not as simple as that unfortunately its to do with reproducing the architecture of the stadium more than rights from the clubs themselves ....

(runs off to look for the FMH2009 background)

Was wondering more along the lines of what he was hoping for tbh (as personally I miss the days when we had stadium backdrops but legal stuff prevents that today).

Hi Marc - thanks for asking!! It probably sounds daft, but to me it makes a huge difference to the whole 'matchday' experience what the backdrop is. I literally couldn't get into FMH 2008 mostly because the backdrop whilst playing a match was just the standard backdrop that you had during other aspects of the game.

I thought that the FMH 2010 backdrop of a green pitch was at least a bit closer to representing what I thought a matchday backdrop should be.

I, like yourself no doubt, was gutted to lose the stadium pictures after CM 00/01, to me the game has never been the same since (Despite all the other improvements).

I appreciate I'm probably in the minority though! I just like to visualise where my team are playing when a match is underway. It was especially good when you were a lower league team and drew a Prem team in the FA Cup - seeing your team playing against a backdrop of Anfield or whatever really added something to the atmosphere of those games

Cant you try get stadium backgrounds for Licsenced teams or something? Or at least a similar background to that of FMH2009?

Wasn't the FMH 2009 matchday backdrop just that picture of a bloke with a yellow/black tie (i.e Same as the main menu picture?). Would rather have a green field than that!!

Hi Marc - thanks for asking!! It probably sounds daft, but to me it makes a huge difference to the whole 'matchday' experience what the backdrop is. I literally couldn't get into FMH 2008 mostly because the backdrop whilst playing a match was just the standard backdrop that you had during other aspects of the game.

I thought that the FMH 2010 backdrop of a green pitch was at least a bit closer to representing what I thought a matchday backdrop should be.

I, like yourself no doubt, was gutted to lose the stadium pictures after CM 00/01, to me the game has never been the same since (Despite all the other improvements).

I appreciate I'm probably in the minority though! I just like to visualise where my team are playing when a match is underway. It was especially good when you were a lower league team and drew a Prem team in the FA Cup - seeing your team playing against a backdrop of Anfield or whatever really added something to the atmosphere of those games

Am pretty sure that previous versions of FMH have always just had the standard m,ain menu view as the backdrop when a match was being played. Would be good if there could be some way of having different views for when you're at home or away from home. Even just a 'still' picture of the 2D Stadium match view screen with text running along the bottom would be an improvement. The colour of the stands at the stadium could change depending on who the home team was?? Surely that must be do-able?

I appreciate I'm probably in the minority though! I just like to visualise where my team are playing when a match is underway. It was especially good when you were a lower league team and drew a Prem team in the FA Cup - seeing your team playing against a backdrop of Anfield or whatever really added something to the atmosphere of those games Reply Reply With Quote

Your not on your own there ;), im so that that i even imagin the plays that have been made in the game and then players celebrating goals and such.

I do agree that the more realistic the backdrop the better the game in this deparentment.

Shall be very looking forward to these suprises' for FMHi 11 cant wait :D

Your not on your own there ;), im so that that i even imagin the plays that have been made in the game and then players celebrating goals and such.

I do agree that the more realistic the backdrop the better the game in this deparentment.

Shall be very looking forward to these suprises' for FMHi 11 cant wait :D

Sounds good - I assume that the PSP and Iphone versions will both have the new stuff

• SI Staff
Sounds good - I assume that the PSP and Iphone versions will both have the new stuff

Both games have been updated - some things will by their nature be found only on one or the other system though (ie. somethings require the larger memory which the iPhone devices have or GPS feedback etc. - other items might be easier to implement on the PSP due to its different input method etc.).

Both games have been updated - some things will by their nature be found only on one or the other system though (ie. somethings require the larger memory which the iPhone devices have or GPS feedback etc. - other items might be easier to implement on the PSP due to its different input method etc.).

Cheers. One last thing - during a match, is there any scope to have the text appearing over the centre of the screen (As per the old CM games), rather than at the bottom of the screen?

I'm sure one day I'll get over my obession of trying to re-create the old CM series...

Archived