Football Manager Commentary

Hey everyone,

So like many of you I've played FM religiously since the 2005 edition, i'm currently in 2016 on my Arsenal game on FM10, and looking good value for the premiership!

Anyway so i thought i'd seen all the commentary had to offer, as SI don't really seem to change it from year to year. Most of the phrases are repeated every match, sometimes multiple times in a match ("He's put it in to Row Z"). But then last year on FM09, it all changed. One of my players scored, i can't even remember if it was an important or particularly amazing goal, but the commentary just went absolutely mental! It was like 'and Vela scores/ Goal goal gooooal!!!!" It was amazing, but i've never had it happen to me since!

Has anyone else had anything like this? Was i just imagining it? I googled this a few different ways and couldn't find any similar posts.

Hmm this wasn't really the point of my thread!

I was asking if the normal Sports Interactive FM commentary had ever surprised you - like come out with a gem that you'd never heard it say before? Preferably a crazy Mexican-commentator style goal celebration

Hmm this wasn't really the point of my thread!

I was asking if the normal Sports Interactive FM commentary had ever surprised you - like come out with a gem that you'd never heard it say before? Preferably a crazy Mexican-commentator style goal celebration

Well the answer to your question is no, but if you want thousands and thousands of new lines adding to the game then check out what I said. There are that many lines and different variations for certain situations that you probably wont see the same line again for a long time.

This happens to me a few times a season. It takes something special i must say.

If your bored of the commentary (as i was a few months back) download the "SOK Bumper Commentary Pack", it adds around 3000+ new phrases to the commentary and has been configured to happen realistic amounts of times. Very nice little download :)

You will find it in the Editors Hideout forum, just scroll down, it will be there somewhere :)

If you want the commentary to come up more frequently without downloading a pack, you will probably need to change the config file ... im not too sure on that :/

Andy

Well the answer to your question is no, but if you want thousands and thousands of new lines adding to the game then check out what I said. There are that many lines and different variations for certain situations that you probably wont see the same line again for a long time.

Were do i find the editors forum

Archived