Players acceleration drops by 4 points in 2 weeks... is this normal?

One of my regen players who is close to full development, 2 weeks ago had an Acceleration stat of 13. Which isn't brilliant, but he was going to be a world beater, because of his many 19&20's in mental and technical attributes.

He got injured in a match a few weeks ago, a pulled hamstring, and the game said he would be out for 2 weeks. So 2 weeks later he has come back from injury but his acceleration has dropped to 9. Is this normal? Ive never seen such a huge drop before.

ask him to go on a diet... :p

but in all seriousness, as this is quite bad, you should put him on a special training plan for a few weeks, and focus primarily on the physical side of his game. Seeing as his technical attributes are like 17-20 :)

that may work, its probs you best bet

I know it's bad but I'm kind of looking for an insight as to why this happened. He has been injured a few times before, just 1 week or 2 week things, and his acceleration stat has never changed.

Now, a torn hamstring would be terrible, out for months and months, and I could understand his acceleration not being the same again. But merely pulling a muscle.. is nothing.. it doesn't fundamentally alter your body or muscular structure like a tear does.

So I would just like to know the justification for a 4 stat drop. If any clever clogs knows why, it would be much appreciated :)

It will be related to the injury.

Yes, but not every players acceleration stat drops 4 points with every injury.. so there must be other factors involved. I have highlighted the issue of the injury... but that's not the mystery... the mystery is what other factor combined with this injury made it that he would drop in acceleration by 4 points? Or is it all "random" ?

And no it wasnt his B-Day!

I'm sorry I really don't understand the question... not trying to be difficult I just don't get the question.

Player's attributes only change on the first day of a month. Maybe this injury spanned the beginning of a month and the others didn't?

Player's attributes only change on the first day of a month. Maybe this injury spanned the beginning of a month and the others didn't?

No, on 4th Sept his attribute was 13, he got inured, and now on 20th Sept his attribute is 9...

... so stats must be able to change at any time of the month?

This brings up something I was thinking about on my team.

Got a guy who was out for a year with a nasty injury, of course he's lost massive physical stats and some other stats. You look at his progression and its like 3-4 points in each of the physical stats over a 6-8 month period of the injury. Ok, in a way that makes sense.... until they get back into training and it takes 6 months to get just 1 point in 1 stat back. I mean why in the world would you keep a guy with a long term injury if it takes them another 1-2 years of training before they have recovered where they were before.

Now this is the only player I've ever seen a serious injury with on my team so maybe it's something specific about him. But from what I'm seeing, either the stats drop way too much or they come back far too slowly.

Anyone have better input?

I had a similar experience with a long term injury. My best defender snapped his cruciate ligament and his stats all dropped by two or three points and never recovered. I know it is a serious injury, but I thought that was a bit extreme.

After a second look at the player I realize it's because even after being back to full training the intensity it shows him actually training at is pathetically low, as if it's just light training. staff say there are no issues with his training though.

I can't understand not getting a full recovery with things like pace and acceleration... but stamina, strength (which is about much more then a players legs), and then the mental stats especially, these should start coming back pretty quick once a player gets back into training. Otherwise if they get a major injury the player might as well be a race horse. Shoot him and move on.

My guy had the same injury, and yeah while it's serious, when this player came back from it IRL he was out playing some games (It's an injury to a player starting the 09 season). But in-game he's hardly worth an amateur teams time much less a pro contract.

I had a similar experience with a long term injury. My best defender snapped his cruciate ligament and his stats all dropped by two or three points and never recovered. I know it is a serious injury, but I thought that was a bit extreme.

The closest real life example of something like this I can think of is eduardo and his broken leg.

What's his natural fitness?

Has he injured his hamstring before?

I think that hamstrings do affect your acceleration...I think that he will regain his acceleration once he gets back to training.

No No, not a torn hamstring. A pulled hamstring!

As explained above, a tear is something I could accept losing stats over. A tear fundamentally changes the muscle structure.

My guy just pulled his muscle. He was out for 2 weeks, thats all.

My team has pulls and strains left and right, never lost any stats on them.

Only thing I can think of other then a bug is he's old with low natural fitness, but I doubt that's the case.

I'm also thinking that it probably has to do with the natural fitness of the player. The lower it is, the quicker their physical stats will tend to drop when they start getting into their 30s or when they get any type of leg-related injuries. I have a striker on my team who's natural fitness is only 5, but luckily he's not that injury prone, however, he did get a leg injury once where he was out for 3 weeks, and his acceleration dropped by one point. He was not old at all at the time of the injury, but his natural fitness is just very low. Ever since that injury, his acceleration never returned back to what it was before.

Just had a young player (20) out for 3 weeks with a simple groin strain, he's also got a Natural Fitness of 13, not great but good.

So in that 3 week he lost a point of balance 17 down to 16, and a point of -STAMINA?!- 16 down to 15

Granted this is the only time I've seen stats drop from injury aside from the year long one, but this and the stuff talked about here makes me thinks the injury thing is a little out of wack.

I mean why are stats dropping for minor things like groin strains? On the flip side at the end of last season a guy suffered a torn calf, was out 3 months. He lost a point of stamina as well and a point of agility. He's been back to training and playing and don't expect to see those stats to come back.

So what is the deal with losing stats so easily especially for such minor injuries like strains?

More so are those points always gone, ie drops the players PA not just CA?

As I said I can see losing some pace and accel for major leg injuries but what is the deal with losing random things, especially stamina? I can point you to people that only have 1 or even no legs that have more stamina just because they work out. Getting injured isn't going to affect it in the long term, Stamina should only ever drop from long periods out of training, such as the calf tear or worse but certainly not a simple strain, and it should come back relatively quickly as well.

So sick of seeing a complete lack of common sense.

Edit: BTW the guy that had the torn calf and lost stam and agility, 28 y/o and -17- natural fitness.

It's pretty logical. Not sure why you're so upset about it. When a player is injured, he doesn't train, hence he looses some stamina. The agility loss is because of the type of injury he has, a torn calf muscle. Quite understandable, really. When you tear or break something, it's serious trauma to that part of the body. You can't simply expect someone to continue to be at peak performance after these types of injuries. At least not immediately after the injury. It might take months or maybe even a year for him to regain his agility, or it may never happen. Really depends on the player. Not everyone recovers from injuries in the same manner.

Overall, you talk about these things as if you've never yourself experienced these types of injuries. They may seem like minor things, but it's quite different when you've actually experienced one. If you haven't, then you obviously wouldn't know how it actually impacts your body and subsequent performances.

It's pretty logical. Not sure why you're so upset about it. When a player is injured, he doesn't train, hence he looses some stamina. The agility loss is because of the type of injury he has, a torn calf muscle. Quite understandable, really. When you tear or break something, it's serious trauma to that part of the body. You can't simply expect someone to continue to be at peak performance after these types of injuries. At least not immediately after the injury. It might take months or maybe even a year for him to regain his agility, or it may never happen. Really depends on the player. Not everyone recovers from injuries in the same manner.

Overall, you talk about these things as if you've never yourself experienced these types of injuries. They may seem like minor things, but it's quite different when you've actually experienced one. If you haven't, then you obviously wouldn't know how it actually impacts your body and subsequent performances.

lol, read the whole post... a guy out 3 months loses a point of stamina and the trend appears to be that it'll be permanent. I can see him losing it temporarily until he gets back into training and back on form. But Stamina is not something that can be lost permanently do to an injury, but lack of activity and or old age. But that's the minor part to this because that was a fairly serious injury. The killer is a minor injury like a strain, being out of training for a 3 weeks and losing any points at all.

As for not having experienced them I have more then a little experience with major and minor injuries, worked through situations most people would never imagine. So I have a pretty good idea, from that and the reality of sports injuries and how players perform once they are healthy again, what makes sense here.

Losing stats for a strain is stupid, losing stats like stamina permanently (-if- that is the case) is stupid. Losing 3-5 points across all physical stats for the really long injuries and then either taking 1+ years to get them back or never getting them back at all is stupid.

The only question to those scenarios is whether or not stats are indeed lost permanently, ie PA actually dropping, if a player can't ever recover to where he was it's freaking moronic because it happens IRL every year in all sports. Only certain injuries can they not make a 100% recovery but unless they were damn near killed they can always recover at least 95% or more of their ability. The thing is we see plenty of evidence of stats dropping and even to minor injuries, but no evidence of stats ever coming back after those injuries which makes them look to be permanent losses. That or they just take way to damn long to regain them.

These losses in physical stats really depend on the player. No one says they're permanent across the board. I've had (over several careers) players that recover their stats to what they were before injuries, and I've had other players that for the most part, don't recover their stats, or at least some of them. There are also some hidden stats like level of professionalism that influence training as well. So a player with low professionalism will tend not to train as diligently and therefore will not get the same benefits out of it, hence, when he does get an injury and loses some points in physicals, he may not reacquire them back so quickly or at all.

If a player does lose some points in one area, they're more than likely to gain them in another, that is unless they do reacquire the lost points in the original area, however, the player does not have his PA suddenly reduced. And you can't say there's no evidence out there to prove that players never regain their physical stat's after injuries, because there is, and plenty of it. The reason for that is because no player is the same. Some players are more sensitive to injuries and others not as much. In my current game, one of my center backs suffered a torn hamstring and was out for 3 months. His acceleration went down by 1 and his pace went down by 2. After recovering, I changed his training schedule to have more emphasis on aerobics training, he ended up regaining his one point in acceleration, however, he only gained back one point in pace. He is yet to regain the second point, and I highly doubt he ever will, however, he did gain a point in agility.

There's also such things as recurring injuries. These will also wreak additional havoc on the body. Getting several knee strains (somewhat minor injury by itself) for example, will affect a player's legs short- and long-term.

In some way I agree with you that the system is not absolutely perfect, but for the most part it's quite reasonable.

These losses in physical stats really depend on the player. No one says they're permanent across the board. I've had (over several careers) players that recover their stats to what they were before injuries, and I've had other players that for the most part, don't recover their stats, or at least some of them. There are also some hidden stats like level of professionalism that influence training as well. So a player with low professionalism will tend not to train as diligently and therefore will not get the same benefits out of it, hence, when he does get an injury and loses some points in physicals, he may not reacquire them back so quickly or at all.

If a player does lose some points in one area, they're more than likely to gain them in another, that is unless they do reacquire the lost points in the original area, however, the player does not have his PA suddenly reduced. And you can't say there's no evidence out there to prove that players never regain their physical stat's after injuries, because there is, and plenty of it. The reason for that is because no player is the same. Some players are more sensitive to injuries and others not as much. In my current game, one of my center backs suffered a torn hamstring and was out for 3 months. His acceleration went down by 1 and his pace went down by 2. After recovering, I changed his training schedule to have more emphasis on aerobics training, he ended up regaining his one point in acceleration, however, he only gained back one point in pace. He is yet to regain the second point, and I highly doubt he ever will, however, he did gain a point in agility.

There's also such things as recurring injuries. These will also wreak additional havoc on the body. Getting several knee strains (somewhat minor injury by itself) for example, will affect a player's legs short- and long-term.

In some way I agree with you that the system is not absolutely perfect, but for the most part it's quite reasonable.

Now this is making good sense...

What a meant about no evidence that players got stats back was that no one in the thread had ever said they saw players get stats back. You have seen this and it's a good thing, although it would be nice if the stats increase weren't random, you'd expect a player to return back to where he was, but not losing PA is good.

So you've added some quality to this all, that's good... at the same time though, losing stats for minor injuries like strains really needs to be changed.

Edit: New injury... 20 y/o with 12 natural fitness pulled hamstring, 3 weeks out. lost 1 strength and 2 acceleration. This is the crazy part, he actually lost more then a older player with similar NF that suffered a Torn calf... Obviously this is a problem.

Now this is making good sense...

What a meant about no evidence that players got stats back was that no one in the thread had ever said they saw players get stats back. You have seen this and it's a good thing, although it would be nice if the stats increase weren't random, you'd expect a player to return back to where he was, but not losing PA is good.

So you've added some quality to this all, that's good... at the same time though, losing stats for minor injuries like strains really needs to be changed.

Edit: New injury... 20 y/o with 12 natural fitness pulled hamstring, 3 weeks out. lost 1 strength and 2 acceleration. This is the crazy part, he actually lost more then a older player with similar NF that suffered a Torn calf... Obviously this is a problem.

Ok, but just because no one posted anything about their players recovering, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. After all, this is just one thread about injuries. There a lot of them, mainly in the Tactics and Training forum. There are also some good threads there about training that I would recommend you take a look at, because they can help you with designing training schedules more effectively. So if a player does get injured, then you can modify his schedule to account for the lost physical attributes, if that actually occurs.

The stats increases aren't all that random, but they do have a somewhat slight level of variation which does not depend on training at all. This leads to players having a sort of general blue print of what type of player they become, whenever they reach their full potential. So for example, if you have a player who starts out with pace of 7 when he is 16, it would be impossible to get his pace up to 18, because he is just naturally not a fast player. He can probably go up to 12 or 13, at most. Overall, physical stats are very hard to train. Harder than any other stats. It does help when a player is young though, because then his physical stats will develop naturally to some degree, and other development is added through training as well. Usually after the age of 21, the physical stats become even harder to train, because usually by this time a player would be pretty much at the limit of his physical maturity. However, it does vary slightly from player to player.

This 20/yo that just got injured. Is it the same one you mentioned before who had the groin strain?

If you really think that this is a big problem, then you should bring this up in the bugs forum.

I didn't say it hadn't happened just said there was no evidence of, meaning in this thread since we were giving evidence of point losses left and right but no one mentioned seeing stats return after injury loss until you did. Hence it was still a question of the thread. And yeah stats aren't completely random, but I can't train a guys stamina, I can train the group but a lost point might go to the strength, when it's a weak player that doesn't need the strength then the loss of the stamina is a bigger impact. Then there is the issue of older players and their minor stat increases, they are not likely to get points back they lost just because of how progression works. So imo lost stats should behave along different progression rules. Only the most serious of injuries IRL do players comeback and not play at the same level. See the point.

As for the new injury, different guy. The first with the groin strain was a young Left back, the new injury was to my starter left winger. Had another guy get a bruised shin, he better not have lost stats, lol... can't check until the month changes.

SI reads these forums and this thread has all the info already anyway.

Just for fun ... I have a player who lost 1-2 points on practically all attributes, including attributes which shouldn`t drop due to an injury like determination. The only thing is ... he didn`t get injured at all. He just lost them. I found it pretty silly, so I checked him out with FMRTE and upped his attributes manually (he isn`t injury prone, nor does he have anything like a bad natural fitness, which is 14) only to find out that 2 weeks later, the same thing happens to him again. He was getting somewhere near my first team, but right now he`s just about good enough for my Reserves. I`ll monitor him for a while, but it sure is inconvenient, a player who suddenly loses 1-2 points in all attributes.

Just for fun ... I have a player who lost 1-2 points on practically all attributes, including attributes which shouldn`t drop due to an injury like determination. The only thing is ... he didn`t get injured at all. He just lost them. I found it pretty silly, so I checked him out with FMRTE and upped his attributes manually (he isn`t injury prone, nor does he have anything like a bad natural fitness, which is 14) only to find out that 2 weeks later, the same thing happens to him again. He was getting somewhere near my first team, but right now he`s just about good enough for my Reserves. I`ll monitor him for a while, but it sure is inconvenient, a player who suddenly loses 1-2 points in all attributes.

That's messed up... I'm assuming he's not an older player, although even if he was older you wouldn't expect mental stats to drop. Very strange.

I have a mid 20's CB whose concentration keeps going up a point then back a month or 2 later drops back again, it's done it like 2-3 times now. I guess he's just as good as he's going to get, but it's weird why it goes up and down repeatedly.

That's pretty normal actually. The attributes will fluctuate from time to time. That's what you're experiencing with your player. You should notice a rise in all those attributes again in the future though.

Archived