Better balance of regens..?

After completeing 16 seasons despite the fact i'm running 8 leagues from 8 nations the player repoduction is balanced enough..

Accordding to Genie there are 22000 players under the age of 19 whilst there is 40000 in total from any age range.. Also

alot of these players are the nationality from the nations i have selected and national teams are becoming greyed out..

Is there any way of getting a better balance of players.? most of the young players will ony probably last 2 season as there PA is only 50. there is currenlty 12000

players of any age with a pa lower than 75, i dont see the point in having so many rubbish players taking up space when some of them could be spread over a more even level of nations..

If I'm not mistaken, if you want to even out your player nationalities, you should pick a larger database. The large amount of carp players is due to the fact that every season every team produces a whole youth team of players, and for balance (and realism) purposes, most of those players are bad. It's not very efficient, but the other option is only 1 or 2 players coming through per season. The big question then would be exactly how good or bad a player should be to leave him out of the game. Even bad players can get picked up by some English Conference team (or a Swedish amateur team if you like)

That said, if SI could tackle this problem, by letting you and the AI decide much quicker whether to offer your youth player a professional contract or releasing the player, and making the AI more efficient about it too, the game could become much more streamlined

FM uses a linear distrubution method for PA so you get lots of low values, and few high values.

When you use a low number of league options your dataset becomes heavily biased to the active leagues only over time.

Changing this would basically mean a rewrite of some of the core DB processes in the game, so your question actually becomes

Do SI want to do this?

Can SI do this?

If, as some SI posters claim, some of the core functions of the game aren't understood by the development team, then 'fixing' things is actually impossible.

The best way i find, which is hard. Is to choose a feeder club of you're own (when you can) with great youth facilities from a different nation. They will produce a great regen every now and again, and produce 2 a year.

I found i was starting to have less and less players per national team, but over time, other temas got new feeder clubs. And by the time ive hit 2040 (yes a big way in the future) every national team has a good range of fairly talented players. it does fix itself in the end... just takes a while.

Just to update,..

using MRFTE, as an example what i done was take L.A.G from America who didnt have any real players after 15 sesaons.. any way i increased there club reputation, increased the leagues rep a bit and made there training and youth facilities better.

One year on iv gone back to check and i notice they have signed 13 real players with 12 different nationalities. there CA raises from 145 to 100.. Result it actually worked..

I think the balance or amount of regen players could be affected by which leagues you are running as 'Playable' or 'Running in the Background'. Im currently in 2035/36 season with a large database running just the English leagues as playable and 26 other countries as running in the background. It seems when the date for the regens is reached only a couple of players for a few of the clubs in these background leagues will spawn where as in the English playable leagues each club in all divisions will have 6-8 new regen players. This causes a problem with club and national teams as the game progresses year by year as the number of playes available is reduced in these countries.

For example in the French League the top teams currently are Vesoul HS, FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, EFC Frejus Saint-Raphael and Red Star 93 and all are without one real player. When you take a look at the national team there are only 7 real players and 4 of those are players that came through an English Club's youth system or who were an African Based regen at the time.

For FM 2011 I think I will try to run more leagues as playable and see if that has any effect on the amount of regen players are created in various countries.

you are right in what you say there m8, background leagues and so fourth dont produce regens.. i have to use Fmrte to change the league setting of clubs in a bid to try and get other nationaliteies repoduced.

I think this is an area that SI needs to seriously look into.

The attribute distribution is at most times too extreme (like 18 heading + 5 jumping).

The 'consistency' + 'important game' attributes are one of the most important things about the players and often these values do not change much even with years of experience.

And another suggestion is I think SI needs to introduce some kind of rapid growth feature where certain promising young players with high PA but low CA will show spurts of growth as they reach 18-21.

And this can be varied so that some players will suddenly show growth at a later time in their life, like 26-28.

there never seems to be any good defensive midfielders once i am well into a game.

attributes i look for are: tackling, marking, positioning, acc, pace, strangth, workrate

if i find a player with 15+ in 3 or 4 of those 6 attributes i am lucky, whereas there are plenty at the start of the game.

I am not saying i cant find someone good to play DM, but just not with the ideal attributes players like De Jong and Mascherano start with.

Archived