An idea to get rid of unnecessary players (like in real-life)

Certainly each FM player encounters difficulties to get rid of unwanted players...

you offer them the clubs... no-one is interested...

you put them on the TL etc... still nothing

the suggestion:

include an option like; "Tell to player x that he has to find a club for himself"

and then I would be pleased to see that player x finds a club and goes away...

Let him rot in your reserves.....and if you really cannot afford his wages, fine him 2 weeks wage each fortnight for no reason. He will get so sulky that he will eventually accept mutual termination without payment.

If you are looking for money out of this guy you will have to play him, nobody wants to sign a nobody.

I agree that in real life its mostly easier to get rid of players (on fm, even offering them at a fee of 0,- doesnt help mostly, except some loan offers...). Therefore this suggestion is actually quite nice... makes agents a bit more present as well :).

Certainly each FM player encounters difficulties to get rid of unwanted players...

you offer them the clubs... no-one is interested...

you put them on the TL etc... still nothing

the suggestion:

include an option like; "Tell to player x that he has to find a club for himself"

and then I would be pleased to see that player x finds a club and goes away...

TBH I've never had an issue getting rid of players.

Give them a few appearances, transfer list them and then offer them out. Its rare that I don't get a bid and even then its usually young players with limited experience in which case they just get released at the end of their contracts.

On a kind of related note, although not really, why is it that you have to offer way above the valuation of a player 9 times out of 10 yet the AI doesn't even match it?

Because you want to buy a player they want to keep and you don't do the groundwork before making your offer.

Likewise set your players prices to a level you are happy with then the AI will bid more when they are interested.

TBH I've never had an issue getting rid of players.

Give them a few appearances, transfer list them and then offer them out. Its rare that I don't get a bid and even then its usually young players with limited experience in which case they just get released at the end of their contracts.

Because you want to buy a player they want to keep and you don't do the groundwork before making your offer.

Likewise set your players prices to a level you are happy with then the AI will bid more when they are interested.

Ok, no need to be so harsh about it. I come here for advice, not a lecture.

I never really have many problems getting rid of players. I will offer them out and then gradually lower the value I'm asking for until I get an offer. Eventually someone will make a bid, and by which point the plaer will be so unhappy he'll accept the first contract anyone offers him.

That said, I can't see any harm in putting this idea in. If anything it'll add to the realism.

To be honest I have not had a problem in the European leagues there is normally someone who will buy even the worse players. I do however agree that we should be able to tell the player that he is no longer required at the club, maybe on FM11 with the inclusion of agents we could inform them to find a new club for their client.

To be honest I have not had a problem in the European leagues there is normally someone who will buy even the worse players. I do however agree that we should be able to tell the player that he is no longer required at the club, maybe on FM11 with the inclusion of agents we could inform them to find a new club for their client.

That is something that would make agents worth having.

I think the game has improved alot since FM2008 in terms of offering players to other clubs.

It used to be near impossible to sell good players or loan young players out. Now someone is always willing to take a youngster off your hands on loan, and same with selling players, the only stumbling block perhaps being their high wages putting clubs off making a bid.

Archived