FMH 1.7 Update now available in all stores (Sale Price: 4.99 UKP)

• SI Staff

Hi,

After a bit of a kerfuffle the 1.7 update is now available in the Store - sorry for the delay.

#1.7 Changelist

Basic iOS4 Suppport

Fix rare crash in squad page filter system

Default subs page to display ratings rather than condition

Fix for rare clear shortlist crash

Ensure that side filter is cleared down properly when managing national team

Option to exit to main menu from inside active game added

Integrate hints and tips into game

This version is also fully compatible with all iDevices (ie. fixes the issue in the pulled 1.6 version).

Hope this helps,

Marc

Fix for rare clear shortlist crash

Just had this on friday and I got really P****D cos I thought my Ipod had broke because I could see the apps. Sorted it though!

Option to exit to main menu from inside active game added

this is a good addition

• SI Staff
this is a good addition

Was kinda important to get in with the iOS4 multi-tasking support otherwise people would find it awkward to start a new game unless they knew how to fully close the app (which a lot of people appear not to).

Was kinda important to get in with the iOS4 multi-tasking support otherwise people would find it awkward to start a new game unless they knew how to fully close the app (which a lot of people appear not to).

I just press the home button to clos an app. Not sure how it differs on iOS4

• SI Staff
I just press the home button to clos an app. Not sure how it differs on iOS4

I rest my case ;)

The system is described in the sticky post about it on the forum - in iOS4 pressing home doesn't close an application it places it into background, clicking on the icon restores the application to the foreground if its already running.

Doesn't install. I'm logged in into the App Store - the username I bought the game under, and i've pressed Update. It then goes to the app on the home screen, and just says something like 'YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT THIS APP AND THEREFORE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO UPDATE IT. TO BUY THE GAME AT FULL PRICE PRESS OK.'

So yeah. It doesn't work, and I even tried to buy it again, and it didn't work. Doesn't work on my PC either.

Help please?!

• SI Staff
Doesn't install. I'm logged in into the App Store - the username I bought the game under, and i've pressed Update. It then goes to the app on the home screen, and just says something like 'YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT THIS APP AND THEREFORE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO UPDATE IT. TO BUY THE GAME AT FULL PRICE PRESS OK.'

So yeah. It doesn't work, and I even tried to buy it again, and it didn't work. Doesn't work on my PC either.

Help please?!

Can you double check that you're looking at the correct countries app store - for instance if you purchased the UK version of the game but are viewing the US store one then it won't recognise that you already own the game (and vice versa).

• SI Staff
Seen as his "Current Location" is Melbourne, Australia i doubt he'd buy the US or UK version unless he recently moved from either one of them countries ;)

Heh - that wasn't visible when I looked (honest :D) - I presume he added it ... either that or its temporary insanity on my part ;)

PS - Quite often people have a US account even if they don't normally use that region of the store - this is for use if they get promotional codes somehow (as they only work in the US store for some reason).

The latest update makes the app go from over 100mb to under 50mb...

This is highly suspicious to me, especially with the impending FM2011 that I'm sure will be released shortly. It seems like SI have removed more than half of the data of the old FM, on the eve of the new FM's release...

Sorry but I don't quite understand. Are you saying that the previous version stored a duplicate copy of much of the data, one as an old version and one as an updated version, so that previous save games would be compatible with the new version? If for some reason that you did decide to change the structure of your data (which is plausible), having it in such a state that you wouldn't be able to identify what the old save game was referencing in the new data, without having the old data there, is highly implausible to me. It sounds like I either don't understand the problem, or it's a very round about way of solving what should be a relatively simple problem.

Also, from what you are saying, wouldn't it also mean that the earlier versions of FM was somewhere in the size of 50mb? And also, if we upgraded from a much older version to this version, our save data wouldn't work?

Apologies if I sound provocative, but I just want to know what I'm updating, because halving the size of your app is quite a dramatic change.

• SI Staff
having it in such a state that you wouldn't be able to identify what the old save game was referencing in the new data, without having the old data there, is highly implausible to me. It sounds like I either don't understand the problem, or it's a very round about way of solving what should be a relatively simple problem.

Also, from what you are saying, wouldn't it also mean that the earlier versions of FM was somewhere in the size of 50mb? And also, if we upgraded from a much older version to this version, our save data wouldn't work?

Apologies if I sound provocative, but I just want to know what I'm updating, because halving the size of your app is quite a dramatic change.

Quite all right - if you look at FMHi the size of the downloaded file has grown through the iterations because of the way the database is structured.

Simply put in order to reduce the size of save games they only store variables which are changeable during gameplay - thus many items such as club names etc. are not saved into a save game. This allows us to reduce the save game size and reduce loading and saving times for them (as less data is being streamed during that time).

However it does mean to retain compatibility with older versions we are required to retain the database from that prior version - otherwise simply put the save game would be out of sync with the database version (which generally causes much fun such as random names being displayed instead of the correct ones etc. because simply put the new data might have this information located elsewhere or simply in a different order depending on what changes have been done).

I don't mind going into this further and explaining the ins and outs fully, but tbh a forum probably isn't the best place for such a techy discussion - if you're interested feel free to email me directly (marc.vaughan@sigames.com).

PS - Its one of the things which I'm looking to change somewhat for FMHi 2011 to be honest as I'd prefer to keep downloads as compact as possible.

Marc If FMHi Download is now only at 50mb or sumat that is pretty low for a game tbh and its nice that everything runs faster. You could make the DB larger or add new things now that fmhi is at 50mb, if a larger db is applied it may take the dowload size upto 100mb-200mb. But I dont mind if it is between those size diameters aslong as I can play FMHi :D some people may not be wanting to wait half an hour for it to download but for half an hour wait you could have a larger db and extra features making the game more fun and realistic.

• SI Staff
Marc If FMHi Download is now only at 50mb or sumat that is pretty low for a game tbh and its nice that everything runs faster. You could make the DB larger or add new things now that fmhi is at 50mb, if a larger db is applied it may take the dowload size upto 100mb-200mb. But I dont mind if it is between those size diameters aslong as I can play FMHi :D some people may not be wanting to wait half an hour for it to download but for half an hour wait you could have a larger db and extra features making the game more fun and realistic.

The size of the download/install doesn't change the amount of memory which the device physically has.

There is a difference between storage space (ie. the 8Gb or whatever you place songs and apps into) and the 512Mb of memory which these are actually loaded into when active.

(in simplistic terms storage space is like book shelves at home, active memory is like your memory - you can only cram so much info into your own memory and when you need something you can't remember you go and re-read the book ....)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived