The WORST MISS EVER on FM, without doubt!

lol, wow...

can we say terrible ME issue?

No, because i've seen this happen in real life. admittedly not in the professional game, but from that range it doesn't matter how much you get paid - you just bury it.

No, because i've seen this happen in real life. admittedly not in the professional game, but from that range it doesn't matter how much you get paid - you just bury it.

Obviously youve never played football in your life. The only way to hit it that hard at a 90* angle is to aim that way. He would have to miss the ball totally to miss from there as any contact would put it in. I highly doubt youve seen a player kick it like that IRL.

Its a terrible ME issue. Ive had a player round the keeper, have the ball under control and then head off to the corner flag instead of tapping it in, another serious problem.

I think its possible that the the 3d image is just a rendering of what the data is doing, so in fact it might be that the ME calculates that the player is actually shooting from a very tight angle across the goal but has just displayed it incorrectly in the 3d.

Its a terrible ME issue. Ive had a player round the keeper, have the ball under control and then head off to the corner flag instead of tapping it in, another serious problem.

When I've just watched a match of mine where I had a left winger --standing still-- at the touchline, with control of the ball (just sitting at his feet) with --no pressure-- on him at all, tap the ball out... then yes that failed goal is an ME issue. There are too many AI issues.

As for that real footage, that's pretty damning I will say. But that was a more difficult strike then the ball already sitting on the line... Hell you don't even have to kick the ball, just run into it and it's a goal.

Would have hated to be that guy in the real match when he came eye to eye with his manager though. lol

People can go on about bugs etc all day long... but that is just terrible :L

No doubt annoying, but it must have made things interesting. In real life players often make horrific mistakes, they only come once every few seasons, but when they come...

LOL. This reminded of the
. He missed kicking the ball into an open net and accidentally handballed when the ball was on the line...

LOL, oh wow...that's epic alright.

I remembered a little bit ago something that brought up an interesting thought regarding this though... with the in-game miss the ball was right on the line.

I had one game where one of my guys struck the ball off the cross bar really hard. The ball bounced straight down, straight up, hit the bar again straight down and bounced there a couple times. Besides being funny as hell it counted as a goal and I didn't get why, I mean to bounce up and hit the bar again it couldn't have passed the line and when the ball stopped bouncing it was sitting on the line. So at no point did it cross the line but it scored. Wish I had it captured.

I've seen one of my own players do something almost identical myself............ except with a header!!!!! :D

Ball was bounced up on the goal-line, my player charged in, leapt like a fish....... and headed the ball along the goal-line, off the far post and out. Couldn't beleive my eyes, but then I remembered I was playing as Dundee and should expect this sort of nonsense.

[video=youtube;nvYOA4BXIqk]

Pretty bad miss this one.

Not seen anything like that in FM, must have really annoyed you.

That miss immediately came to my mind. It's virtually identical to the miss that ticked off the OP, and no, it wasn't the "match engine" that day. :D

I've seen a player hit the crossbar when alone with the ball a meter before an open goal. I've seen players accidentally kicking the ball out with no pressure on them. All in real life.

So, these things happen, not often luckily.

I've seen guys chip the ball over the goal being 1.5-2 meters our as well. But there is a massive difference between that and a ball being -ON- the goal line and kicking it hard straight across the line without going in. I've seen people accidentally lose the ball across the touch line too, but while they aren't even moving? I've never seen that.

You can argue that silly things happen in games irl, that does not mean there still aren't things that need fixing in the ME.

Edit: So a bad player that barely reached the pro level who wants to look good by powering the ball into an empty net is the same as a professional kicking a ball -on- the line right along the line, think about how much skill or dumb luck it would take for a ball to stay exactly over the line across 80% of the goal line like in the OP, no not happening. Not to me. Not to mention there is still what I mentioned earlier about getting a goal from a ball that never crossed the line.

Archived