Will the AI managers ever accept an exchange deal???

I'm not sure why the option to offer a player exchange is in the game! It seems opposing AI managers will never accept that option. Example: Playing as Bradford, my meager transfer budget is used up. I am playing a formation in which wingers are not used, and have a player valued at about $150K who is of no use to me. I want a central defender from another team, they're only asking $30K for him, but they will not take an exchange of a $150K player for a $30K player! I tried this with several teams and several high valued players for much lower values players, either in straight exchanges and partial exchanges, and have never had an offer accepted. Is this part of the game just disabled?

Thanks.

I've had a part exchange once, it was a young defender they were interested in plus 16 million for a young winger who I knew was going to become a star (he already had awesome stats and lots of room to improve. But really, it makes sense if they need interest in said player first, if it was just based upon you'd have teams getting players they dont even need.

I had one accepted in FM08, but in the other way. Quilmes (In Argentina, I mean) made an offer for $90K to buy my first choice midfielder Matías Carabajal (I was Ferro), but I wanted their striker Diego Ceballos

I ended getting the $90K AND Ceballos, who ended becoming the goalscorer :p

£11 mill and Tim Krul for James Vaughan, great signing for me as Vaughan is now in England's first team and firing them in for club and country.

So yes, AI managers do accept exchanges and Everton did have interest in Krul.

Play and MLS game, they accept them all the time. So yes the AI does accept them. But regardless of how good the player you offer is, they won't take it if A) they don't need more depth in that position B) the player you are trying to get is key to their team.

It's easier in the MLS because they always tell you what positions the team is interested in, or what players from your team they want. But if the player you are trying to get is a key member you really have to offer a lot for them.

Back on the old Championship Managers, the best way to get more money out of selling players was to ask to exchange the A.Is top players. Always worked! Personally I've never had an exchange deal work on any of the FMs so far, regardless of whether the other team was interested in the player I wanted to exchange.

I once bought Jamie O'Hara (turned out to be not a great signing - but never mind) for about £10m plus a youth player who only had the potential to become a decent player (who the selling club had interest in too) and the deal took place without any problems.

Yeah it does work but i think as someone said the other team needs to be interested... I wanted Milner on my spurs save and so got onto his preferred personnel list, along with woo-ing their manager and i managed to get him for £8M and Kyle Naughton(who they were interested in) He didn't request any transfer or get unhappy because he also like O'Neill. I then bought Naughton back for £2m about a year and a half later :D

Real Madrid offered me 5 mil + Gago for Lucas & I took it as I don't like Lucas much but as people have already said it will mainly only work if the club are interested in the player which is a shame because if it worked regularly it could be very useful to me.

Real Madrid offered me 5 mil + Gago for Lucas & I took it as I don't like Lucas much but as people have already said it will mainly only work if the club are interested in the player which is a shame because if it worked regularly it could be very useful to me.

Well it would be silly if they accepted but weren't interested in the player! Would you accept one if they offered a player you didn't want?

Well it would be silly if they accepted but weren't interested in the player! Would you accept one if they offered a player you didn't want?

In FM terms, 'Interested in' would mean that they are on the manager's shortlist.

To answer your question, I would still consider a player offered to me, whether I have expressed an interest previously or not. If the money and player is right, the AI should bite..... but they rarely do.

Why would they accept a player they have no use for? They may have better options in that area already, or simply don't rate the player.

These transfers whilst they do happen IRL are not overly common, I would say Si have this elelment of the game bang on to be honest.

Why would they accept a player they have no use for? They may have better options in that area already, or simply don't rate the player.

These transfers whilst they do happen IRL are not overly common, I would say Si have this elelment of the game bang on to be honest.

Of course they wouldn't\shouldn't accept a deal for someone they have no use for.

However, as explained above.... "Interested in" in FM terms simply means that the player is on that clubs shortlist. The AI should not (if indeed it does, i'm not sure) dismiss any exchange out of hand if the player is not on their shortlist

• 4 weeks later...

Just come across this thread. Thank god it’s not just me!

I’m in my 3rd season as Arsenal manager and tried to sign Curtis Davies off Tottenham. He was worth about £12m so I offered £18m,which was rejected. I then offered £20m, still rejected. I decided to download FM Scout to find out just how much it would take for them to accept. According to FM Scout, they wanted £20.5m, so I offered £18m plus Gallas and Senderos, which totalled about £23m and they STILL rejected. I thought maybe it had been implemented that those lot wouldn’t sell to Arsenal at any price so switched to Steven Taylor of Newcastle. Before trying FM Scout, I had £10m and £12m rejected. Then I added Gallas and Senderos again and £11m, which totalled nearly £16m and still nothing. I checked FM Scout and it said they wanted £14.5m.

What the hell? It’s as if the players you’re adding to the deal have no value. I remember in previous versions after adding players to the deal, towards the bottom it said the total value of the deal which included the value of the players you wanted o exchange. Now it doesn’t include these in the total.

Just come across this thread. Thank god it’s not just me!

I’m in my 3rd season as Arsenal manager and tried to sign Curtis Davies off Tottenham. He was worth about £12m so I offered £18m,which was rejected. I then offered £20m, still rejected. I decided to download FM Scout to find out just how much it would take for them to accept. According to FM Scout, they wanted £20.5m, so I offered £18m plus Gallas and Senderos, which totalled about £23m and they STILL rejected. I thought maybe it had been implemented that those lot wouldn’t sell to Arsenal at any price so switched to Steven Taylor of Newcastle. Before trying FM Scout, I had £10m and £12m rejected. Then I added Gallas and Senderos again and £11m, which totalled nearly £16m and still nothing. I checked FM Scout and it said they wanted £14.5m.

What the hell? It’s as if the players you’re adding to the deal have no value. I remember in previous versions after adding players to the deal, towards the bottom it said the total value of the deal which included the value of the players you wanted o exchange. Now it doesn’t include these in the total.

Genie prices aren't always correct. Sometimes you can get players for a lot less.

The problem in your case is that you are in the same league. Price can be higher than what genie says.

I had a problem with this the other day Aston Villa bid £11.75 million for Otamendi I looked at their squad and they had a player I was interested in who they had accepted an £11.25 million offer from Ath. Madrid for. I offered Otamendi for the player and they told me they wanted £11.5 million plus Otamendi. We are not rivals but do play in the same league, seemed strange that they would not accept the bid.

I had a problem with this the other day Aston Villa bid £11.75 million for Otamendi I looked at their squad and they had a player I was interested in who they had accepted an £11.25 million offer from Ath. Madrid for. I offered Otamendi for the player and they told me they wanted £11.5 million plus Otamendi. We are not rivals but do play in the same league, seemed strange that they would not accept the bid.

AI doing itself a favour. what do you expect? ;)

Yeah. Doubling the sale price is too much imo.

The AI in this area could be improved alot.

As mentioned above, exchanges are only possible if the AI club are already interested in one of your players.

It would be nice to be able to tempt clubs into a deal by offering a player they previously had not shown an interest in. For example I offered Liverpool 30m + a 3 and half star DM for Mascherano. A great deal for a club whose finances are not the healthiest but they rejected immediately.

More AI needed here SI

Archived