This makes no sense at all.

In 5 seasons, I have won the PL 3 times, Champions League twice, FA Cup twice, League Cup once with Manchester City. My scouts found a promising 16 year old english D LR who is a free agent with no club. I approach to sign, but some time later a turkish club, Konyaspor, also approached him. I wanted to make sure that I get him, so I increase his wages from 4,500 pounds to 6,000 pounds and his signing fee from 40k to 80k. In addition, for some reason which I'm not sure, he would only be able to move to Konyaspor when he is 18 two years later.

He chooses Konyaspor and rejects Manchester City.

Maybe Konyaspor is the champions of Turkey? Lets see, in the 1st season it won promotion from the second division of turkish football. The next 3 years they finished 13th, 13th, 16th and got relegated. The next year they finished 2nd and was promoted. They have won absolutely nothing, not even cups. They have adequate training and average youth facilities.

I'm stumped that an english youth would refused to sign for a major english club, but instead languish for two years with no club and then head to an obscure relegation-threatened team in an average european league.

1st team football that he was never going to get at City.

First team football that he has to wait two years for. I can maybe understand him rejecting City becuase he wants to play football but if that's the case, he wouldn't want to wait two years either.

First team football that he has to wait two years for. I can maybe understand him rejecting City becuase he wants to play football but if that's the case, he wouldn't want to wait two years either.

I suspect its a bug where the start date of a contract isn't taken into account when deciding between clubs.

First team football seems the obvious answer with not starting until he turns 18 an oversight.

I suspect its a bug where the start date of a contract isn't taken into account when deciding between clubs.

First team football seems the obvious answer with not starting until he turns 18 an oversight.

this makes sense. Might have noticed myself if I'd read the OP properly :

Archived