Bankrupt...but not for the AI

I took over Leeds in the Championship and within a week we went bankrupt and into administration with debts of around £20m

My coaching staff was almost non existent as a lot had left with the previous manager, anyone decent I tried to sign wanted far too much money. I was limited to £700 a week for an AM!

The 3 staff I approached wanted £850 and rejected me out of hand, I couldn't sign any of the free transfer targets as my board had limited me to £90 a week!:mad:

I had a squad of 16 and a lot of greyed out reserve players and U18'S.

We won only 2 of our opening 14 and I got sacked.

My first team coach got the job after me and went on to sign the Ass Man I targeted and the free transfer targets despite the club still being in administration and having no cash

They even nicked a coach from my Gateshead side paying me £40k compensation!

It's not fair that the AI is given the advantage of signing someone in the exact same circumstances that I couldn't

Maybe the board liked him better?

Regardless, I have often wondered myself whether the AI has the same restrictions we have when looking at something like max wages in my league. (the top 3 players of other clubs who should be as good as mine and have the same board expectations often get an amount equalling my whole budget)

Archived